Do equipped haste items accelerate casting speed and/or recovery?

I know deleterious alacrity and time parasite boost casting, so does outlander's frenzy. I've been crudely trying to time spells with 10 DEX. It seems like cast times are fast = 1s, average = 2s, and slow =4s and I think recovery is 2s regardless of spell cast speed, but it too can be boosted.

Does holding a durganized weapon enchanted with haste accelerate casting?

Same question with gloves of swift action?

Last question, does dual wielding with the two weapon talent affect casting?

Attack speed modifiers only influence the recovery time, not the casting time.

Durganized weapons or weapons with speed enchantment only reduce the recovery of the weapons' attacks.

But things like Mourning Gloves, Gauntlets of Swift Action, Spelltongue's Time Siphon do indeed reduce all recovery, including casting.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I know deleterious alacrity and time parasite boost casting, so does outlander's frenzy.

Spells' casting (aka attack) duration is influenced only by DEX.

Spells' recovery duration is influenced by armor, and non-weapon effects that take part from AttackSpeedMult category. Ranged spells also do benefit from RateOfFireMult effects.

It seems like cast times are fast = 1s, average = 2s, and slow =4s and I think recovery is 2s regardless of spell cast speed, but it too can be boosted.

Pretty close. To be more exact:

- fast: 35 frames (or 1.1666s) cast time + 29 frames (or 0.9722s) recovery.

- average: 60 frames (or 2s) cast time + 50 frames (or 1.6666s) recovery.

- slow: 120 frames (or 4s) cast time + 100 frames (or 3.3333s) recovery.

I.e. at 10 DEX and no buffs/related stuff: recovery = casting duration / 1.2 (like with weapon attacks made without Single1HWeapRecovFactory penalty)

But there are a few strange exceptions. Some spells have very low attack and recovery durations but seem to have an additional pre-casting phase, which is damn long. For example Eyestrike and Whisper of Treasons. Both are fast casts, and should have 35 + 29 attack + recovery durations. Yet it is 84 + 8 frames...

On the bright side, these don't really care about what armor do you wear, as even if recovery would get doubled it would be a small 8->16 increase.

Does holding a durganized weapon enchanted with haste accelerate casting?

Nope. Weapons enchants and properties do not affect spell casting/recovery durations.

Same question with gloves of swift action?

These gloves do decrease spell recovery duration.

Last question, does dual wielding with the two weapon talent affect casting

Nope. Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 2

Well, one could argue that dual wielding + two weapon style (and also durganized stuff) don't speed up your casting directly - but since your weapon attacks will have very low accuracy you can start casting sooner after you swung your weapon than without those things. This can boost the amount of spells you can put put out in a given timespan IF you are attacking with weapons in between.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods