So one of the very few issues I had with POE was the lack of portraits for orlans, wild orlans and aumaua. One of the major reasons I didn't play them that much. Now I don't know much of game production so I'm not sure when they actually work on portraits, but it would be really nice if and when they have new portraits, particularly for the afore mentioned races, they would release them. Deadfire is a continuation of the first game and I'd like use the same characters. That includes the portraits. It's not a problem for most races, as I have portraits I really like, but poor orlans really got the short end of the stick. Obviously I'd like to start a few new playthroughs to get ready for Deadfire otherwise it wouldn't be an issue.

Edited by rheingold
  • Like 5

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

1) Will they have "updated to the new graphics" versions of all the old portraits? Because I'm going to need to both a specific portrait, and to have that portrait get one eye all ****ed up looking.

It's *important*.

I'd like more 'older guy' portraits

• Like 2

It is human nature to seek culpability in a time of tragedy. It is a sign of strength to cry out against fate, rather than to bow one’s head and succumb. Inevitably many will fault the hands upon the sword which felled Typhon, the Ordo Malleus. But the Inquisition merely performs the duty of its office. To further fear them is redundant; to hate them, heretical. Those more sensible will place responsibility with those who forced the hands of the Inquisition. With some fortune, they may foster this hatred into purpose, and further rule their own fate by coming to the Emperor’s service.

Yet ultimately, it was I who set these events into motion, with a single blow from my hammer, God Splitter.

-Gabriel Angelos, of the Blood Ravens 4th Company

More Orlans full stop, more Dwarves and ones that include the PoE specific versions of dwarves (swashbuckling Vailian dwarves for instance) instead of just the stereotypical fantasy ones.

• Like 5

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

More Orlans full stop, more Dwarves and ones that include the PoE specific versions of dwarves (swashbuckling Vailian dwarves for instance) instead of just the stereotypical fantasy ones.

There's already plenty of human and dwarven ones, the Orlan and Aumaua portraits are the ones that need more of.

• Like 1

There's already plenty of human and dwarven ones, the Orlan and Aumaua portraits are the ones that need more of.

I said more orlans, and there are not plenty of dwarven ones and none of them fit the Vailian theme despite being one of the two main races from there. 

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

It would be cool some kind of portrait maker, a base for every race, and different facial features, expressions, pigmentation, clothes, godlike features, maybe some class elements, to choose from.

Edited by Piero

• 3 weeks later...

It would be cool some kind of portrait maker, a base for every race, and different facial features, expressions, pigmentation, clothes, godlike features, maybe some class elements, to choose from.

Or at least tintable portraits, with multiple color channels.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Or at least tintable portraits, with multiple color channels.

Neat idea, but I can't see it happening without dropping portrait quality by quite a bit. I don't think that hand drawn shaders would translate well unless they would hand every single item. I suppose, this is where 3d models shine. It is not something I have a big problem personally though.

• 4 weeks later...

I just had a thought about portraits. Now that the graphical detail of character faces has been improved, and we have several options to customize our character's face, I think it's even more important to include less defined portraits I.e. veiled faces. In the first game I used a portrait of a guy with a pulled-down hood as the discrepancies with my 3D model's face were mostly hidden.

So more Nazgûls, niqābs and ninjas in the portraits please.

Batman: [intimidate] "Let her go".

Joker: [Failure] "Very poor choice of words."

So one of the very few issues I had with POE was the lack of portraits for orlans, wild orlans and aumaua. One of the major reasons I didn't play them that much. Now I don't know much of game production so I'm not sure when they actually work on portraits, but it would be really nice if and when they have new portraits, particularly for the afore mentioned races, they would release them. Deadfire is a continuation of the first game and I'd like use the same characters. That includes the portraits. It's not a problem for most races, as I have portraits I really like, but poor orlans really got the short end of the stick. Obviously I'd like to start a few new playthroughs to get ready for Deadfire otherwise it wouldn't be an issue.

I'm pretty hairy. So I use my own portrait for a Wild Orlan pcs. It works.

• Like 1

No matter which fork in the road you take I am certain adventure awaits.