Rogue Persistent Distraction not very good

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong area.  But here's something I've noticed about the rogue ability "Persistent Distraction":

The description makes it sound as though ANY time a rogue is part of a flank that the target will gain the Distracted condition.  However, from what I've seen over the course of a few combats is that the distracted condition will only apply when it is the rogue that specifically initiates the flanked condition.  Which is to say, the rogue  has to be the one to create the flanking.  If a target is already flanked, no amount of positoning by the rogue will result in the Distracted condition.  

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but it seems like you have to do a LOT of micro-managing of your party just in order to get this talent to activate. I've had enemies be completely surrounded by 4+ allies, all attacking the same thing. But when the rogue rolls up to the dog-pile, no Distracted status gets applied to the enemy.  It seems like the Rogue specifically has to be the one that actually runs around the far side of the target. If anyone else hits the target and applies Flanked to the target, the rogues talent will not activate. 

Has anyone had a different experience with this?  

Edited by Eliteseraph

You are right. And besides that the Distracted affliction isn't very potent, too. Completely useless ability.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I thought it was decent for something that would be on pretty much all the time, passively creating one more affliction. But as with many things in PoE, it appears to be half-baked.   

I'm REALLY hoping they clean things up in PoE2.

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong area.  But here's something I've noticed about the rogue ability "Persistent Distraction":

The description makes it sound as though ANY time a rogue is part of a flank that the target will gain the Distracted condition.  However, from what I've seen over the course of a few combats is that the distracted condition will only apply when it is the rogue that specifically initiates the flanked condition.  Which is to say, the rogue  has to be the one to create the flanking.  If a target is already flanked, no amount of positoning by the rogue will result in the Distracted condition.  

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but it seems like you have to do a LOT of micro-managing of your party just in order to get this talent to activate. I've had enemies be completely surrounded by 4+ allies, all attacking the same thing. But when the rogue rolls up to the dog-pile, no Distracted status gets applied to the enemy.  It seems like the Rogue specifically has to be the one that actually runs around the far side of the target. If anyone else hits the target and applies Flanked to the target, the rogues talent will not activate. 

Has anyone had a different experience with this?  

It should be made to work like like the barbarian's one stands alone where if there are enemies in the vicinity it activates.