Hey everyone,

Wondering what class and build you like for a front-liner MC? 

On another note: 

So far Chanter has been great, but my restart problem kicked back in. Basically I was just standing there soaking up damage, which is great, but i couldnt influence the battlefield as much as I wanted.

Was thinking of a front-liner Druid? Batsh!t by Boeroer still viable?Or a front-line wizard that doesn't need to rest every fight? 

Anyway wondering what you all liked for a front-liner, tank or damage-dealer, etc? 

Hey everyone,

Wondering what class and build you like for a front-liner MC? 

On another note: 

So far Chanter has been great, but my restart problem kicked back in. Basically I was just standing there soaking up damage, which is great, but i couldnt influence the battlefield as much as I wanted.

Was thinking of a front-liner Druid? Batsh!t by Boeroer still viable?Or a front-line wizard that doesn't need to rest every fight? 

Anyway wondering what you all liked for a front-liner, tank or damage-dealer, etc? 

I've messed around with Bilestomper and that doesn't seem to need to rest every fight thanks to its high con/fort defense. It is a bit annoying how slow it casts though.

How about a good ole fashioned Fighter? I've never built one as a MC but Eder always does well defensively no matter how I build him. Even if I build him for offense he's hard to kill and does plenty of damage. Fighter isn't the sexiest class on paper but it's very strong. 

If you want to start strong and keep being strong then use a monk. Best frontliner class in my opinion if you don't mind micromanagement.

Bilestomper casts really slowly, yes. You can take more DEX if it's too annoying. But more important: wizards need some levels to be really effective as frontliners. Until then things can be a bit frustrating. Monks start with the best starting values of all classes and they also start with some of the best active abilites in the game (Torment's Reach, Force of Anguish). If you want to hit more often with the Torment's Reach cone then don't use fists but weapons at some point - because the cone has it's own base damage anyways and the fists accuracy bonus doesn't translate to the cone attack for some odd reason. Same for Force of Anguish. If you want to specialize on that then in the early game it's great to use a single weapon, preferably dagger, rapier or spear because of the +5 ACC. For Torment's Reach I would always recommend dual wielding or weapon + bashing shield (the only time where bashing shields are good because their whimpy damage doesn't translate to the cone's damage but they still allow for Full Attacks).

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods