Ydwin to return in the expansion?

Sorry didnt follow such long discussion regarding Ydwin. Based on latest portraits revealed, Ydwin looks abit of "trans" woman to me. She got that boyish looks from anime. Is Obsidian following the footsteps of Bioware of "inclusivity" like the failure of Andromeda?

Which portrait are you talking about? In the latest one, she looks like a serious no-nonsense Victorian era professor/schoolmarm or what-have-you. The only thing boyish about her is the short hair.

The discussion has been meandering more than a river going along a floodplain, so, only the last few pages probably matter here since Ydwin is going to be in PoE2, not returning in some expansion or whatever the title is referring to.

I was referring to the latest revealed portraits from Josh twitter if not mistaken. Yeah i agree she very much looks boyish to me (of course it's my opinion). I like her concept art more during the Fig campaign though. So i'm asking a genuine question if Obsidian is indeed making her "trans". Why are people so offensive here?

So i'm asking a genuine question if Obsidian is indeed making her "trans". Why are people so offensive here?

You are obviously trying to trigger that kind of reaction, presumingly in an attempt to kill this thread. But you should have noticed by now, that it does not work. So why don't you save your effort and just lie down and die?

• Like 1

---

We're all doomed

@Archaven: How exactly does she look trans? If it's the short hair, then by that logic, all women with short hair are trans, which is absurd.

And as Lord_Mord said, you're trying to start a flamewar, not taking that bait.

I think many of you need a chill pill. As i mentioned i didnt follow this thread at all and after i saw Ydwin portrait which i greatly dislike. She doesn't look feminine to me. Part of her eyes and the hair suggest that she looks boyish. I have no problem with trans people. I'm just asking a genuine question if she is indeed trans. 

Last but not least, gave no bait nor start no war. I'll rest my case. I'm far more concerned on 5 party members llmit than Ydwin. Plus, i don't understand what happen to this thread? Why did i want this thread to die? As i mentioned i didn't follow this thread at all.

Edited by Archaven

I think many of you need a chill pill. As i mentioned i didnt follow this thread at all and after i saw Ydwin portrait which i greatly dislike. She doesn't look feminine to me. Part of her eyes and the hair suggest that she looks boyish. I have no problem with trans people. I'm just asking a genuine question if she is indeed trans.

Even if people didn't necessarily ask with a great deal of tact, I feel it's a sufficiently legitimate question: Why does short hair on a female make your mind jump all the way to "... trans, maybe?"? Or rather, what would be the minimum required features on a female to make them look not-boyish? I am (and I believe others are) genuinely curious. Aloth has long hair. Does he look trans?

I'm not even inferring that you're placing any negative connotation on the word "trans." I'm just genuinely curious how you're making the associations, as you see to have an awfully small threshold for "this person no longer looks like the gender that they are."

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

You may ignore me, if you'd like. Usually that involves the opposite of directly making reference to me, however, :). I merely asked a question. I'm not sure exactly what encouraging another forum user to refrain from answering a simple question accomplishes.

Also, your question about the next update doesn't have anything to do with the topic, but you seem to have thrown it in there to justify your post encouraging folks to pay posts no mind.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

@Archaven: We've had previous troll attempts along that line, so, it might be a defensive reaction to that.

@Lephys: Aloth is an elf, so, he gets a pass, still curious myself how Archaven got to 'looks trans'.

@HooAmEye: No idea what their update schedule is, they used to do it more times a month but slowed down.

You may ignore me, if you'd like. Usually that involves the opposite of directly making reference to me, however, :). I merely asked a question. I'm not sure exactly what encouraging another forum user to refrain from answering a simple question accomplishes.

Also, your question about the next update doesn't have anything to do with the topic, but you seem to have thrown it in there to justify your post encouraging folks to pay posts no mind.

HooAmEye meant ignore Archaven's trolling attempts, not ignore you specifically.

• Like 1

The part I edited out said 'Idiot'.  

Don't get personal, don't use insults. Or get personal and use subtlety. Either way don't break the forum rules. 

Yeah the forum rules also said that there is zero tolerance for misogyny or bigoted behavior, but that appears to be lies, as well. So I understand if people are unclear about what's allowed, since you mods only seem to enforce half the rules half the time.

• Like 1

Yeah the forum rules also said that there is zero tolerance for misogyny or bigoted behavior, but that appears to be lies, as well. So I understand if people are unclear about what's allowed, since you mods only seem to enforce half the rules half the time.

:lol:

Feel free to use the "Report" button whenever you get all confused and we will be happy to sort it. :yes: We cant read all posts in all threads. :no:

Oh my god, her portrait was ruined! Why?!

Yeah gotta say, liked the original one more.  Had better mood to it, she seems a little too .... "cheeky" now.

To reference the original horror show of a thread, they've flip-flopped her from tsundere to yandere. How prophetic that thread turned out to be.

• Like 1

Tsundere and yandere have no meaning to me because I don't know what they're supposed to mean. For whatever reason, I guess Lindsey thought we were interpreting it wrong or the way she didn't want it to be interpreted and decided to change it, that's her prerogrative as an artist.