Anyone else already decided on their party?

Definitely won't be rolling with pallegina.

Goody goody female (non feminine) godlike paladin that can't where helmets.

Nothing against female companions but I just don't think a girl fits that role. Would love to role a slender female wood elf rogue with super fast blades

Nothing against female companions but I just don't think a girl fits that role. Would love to role a slender female wood elf rogue with super fast blades

Technically, under Vailian law, she's genderless because godless can't reproduce, despite whatever shape their lower bits take. Though she still thinks of herself as a female.

• Like 1

Presumably she can be multi-classed into your preferred role for her. She might make a decent Chanter, for example.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Keep everyone on the boat. Shore party is fluid and strictly situational.

we didn't have a boat for poe, but your approach were our solution to party composition in the genesis game. as a borderline ocd completionist, Gromnir were able to bring to resolution every joinable npc's quest during our first run o' poe. companions were rotated out o' the inn/keep frequent. similar, a poe2 goal for Gromnir is gonna be to maximize the number o' companion story arcs we fully explore during our first playthrough.   mix n' match will be necessary.

reduced number o' party slots will complicate our efforts to always have our necessary (admitted subjective) party roles fulfilled, but the flexibility o' companion class choice will hopeful balance out our difficulties.  

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Watcher Wizard/Monk, maybe Wizard/Cipher, other classes that would be interested in are Kind Wayfarer Paladin and Wael Priest( i would ignore disposition tho)

Since we didn't get Ydwin, seems like Tekēhu and Xoti are potential favorites for me

Everyone with their base class/multiclass

Pallegina Kind Wayfarer

But is unlikely ill play it unless a mod to go with everyone gets released, it turns that this is just too important for me to enjoy the game :/ i couldn't avoid anyway to think about it as you can see.

Watcher Wizard/Monk, maybe Wizard/Cipher, other classes that would be interested in are Kind Wayfarer Paladin and Wael Priest( i would ignore disposition tho)

Since we didn't get Ydwin, seems like Tekēhu and Xoti are potential favorites for me

Everyone with their base class/multiclass

Pallegina Kind Wayfarer

But is unlikely ill play it unless a mod to go with everyone gets released, it turns that this is just too important for me to enjoy the game :/ i couldn't avoid anyway to think about it as you can see.

You want a mod to run around with all 11 buddies?

Watcher (priest), Edér, Aloth, and custom ranger (I can’t just through her away now; I wish I could import that hired character without recreating from scratch) at the very least. That means I’ve got only 1 free slot, likely for Xoti, unless she’ll be a pain in some way. I’m not sure how I feel about having only fighter and monk on the fronlines, though.

Pillars of Bugothas

Watcher (priest), Edér, Aloth, and custom ranger (I can’t just through her away now; I wish I could import that hired character without recreating from scratch) at the very least. That means I’ve got only 1 free slot, likely for Xoti, unless she’ll be a pain in some way. I’m not sure how I feel about having only fighter and monk on the fronlines, though.

Wait... you can import your mercs?

Nope. But I wish I could.

Pillars of Bugothas

Nope. But I wish I could.

:/

I wish non-merc companions had good reasons to follow the protagonist. This is the main reason I can't enjoy them because I just can't get past the: 

Well I'm bored, let me just go with you to the ends of the earth slaughtering countless enemies and help you with your keep.. that sounds more interesting than what I am doing right now. No charges. 

or

I have this problem here, you say you can help with.. but it's ok if we don't tackle the problem straight away, first we can go on countless adventures that have nothing to do with me and then MAYBE we will solve my problem. Also once it's solved I'm sticking around anyway, cuz I have nothing better to do. 

I wish all companions actually were tied into the main plot and had good reasons to stick around. 

Edited by Kadayko

For my female Chanter character which I haven't finished PoE 1 with yet:

Edér and Aloth (to give more sense of continuity, keep the friendship/explore the relationships system with known characters)

The other 2 places, I'll switch between Maia, Xoti and Serafen (maybe a little bit of Tekëhu)

Pallegina will have no place in my party, ever...

Edited by LuccA

I'm here for the banter, so first run will be my imported Watcher with Eder, Aloth, and Pallegina. He'll trust them to watch his back, at least. Serafen will probably round out the party just because I like his backstory.

Second run, new Watcher and all of the new kids I can rotate through.

I suppose I'll run with Aloth, Eder, and Pallegina (provided she doesn't leave due to protesting against my predations on both Royal Deadfire Trading company and the Vailian trading company ships) for the first run so that I can see what the interactions are. However, my main is a Monk, and I'll be needing a dedicated healer. Maybe I'll have Eder go Fighter/Priest. For the fifth slot, I'll rotate around the other characters situationally.

I hope that they can do banter among each other while on the ship, in a similar way as Tyranny did it.

One way or another I intend to continue the party I finished the game with. Since that was all hired adventurers other than the main character, because I prefer playing with a party of my own characters, I'll recreate them in the new game instead of importing them if I have to... but I really hope that, even if it's not currently planned, we'll end up being able to import the whole party. If I can't, I'll just pretend that's what happened as best I can, I guess.

• Like 1

knightofchaoss.jpg

Eder and Aloth have to be in my party which is why I was kinda' bummed they reduced party size to five, because now I only have two slots left for any of the new companions. Also why I wasn't particularly interested in PoE2 having a large number of new companions available.

Eder and Aloth have to be in my party which is why I was kinda' bummed they reduced party size to five, because now I only have two slots left for any of the new companions. Also why I wasn't particularly interested in PoE2 having a large number of new companions available.

Replayability! :-)

True enough. But for me, as an older gamer with a busy real-life, I don't get much time for gaming. And there are a lot of good games out there that I want to play. And I'm a chronic re-starter. So the net result is that I don't get to re-play games too often. :)

• Like 1

True enough. But for me, as an older gamer with a busy real-life, I don't get much time for gaming. And there are a lot of good games out there that I want to play. And I'm a chronic re-starter. So the net result is that I don't get to re-play games too often. :)

This is a place where being permanently disabled due to schizophrenia, as much as it almost always sucks, actually gives me an advantage. I game a *lot*...when I'm not actively psychotic or to depressed.

Sorry to hear that Katarack. As much as games can be a negative distraction, they can be incredibly therapeutic. Particularly good rpgs, and PoE is up there when it comes to places I want to slip away to.

• Like 1