Do we know anything about him other than that he'll be a Chanter/Druid?

I find it a bit sad that we have more information about a sidekick (Ydwin) than about a full companion.

Would be nice if Obsidian formally introduced him in an update.

• his name is Tekēhu

he's a chanter/druid

he represents the Huana (same as Pallegina represents the Vailian Trading Company, Maia Rua represents the Royal Deadfire Company, Serafen represents the Principi sen Patrena)

he's a dwarven companion stealin' son-of-a-

• Like 8

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Hehe - he's an ondrite godlike, too. You could say moon godlike, but since his features seem to be more ocean-themed compared to the usual moon godlike I think he's a variant like "Sea Godlike" or whatever they wanna call it.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

• he's a dwarven companion stealin' son-of-a-

This is all you need to know. 

Honestly, I think the main problems I have with him is the lack of information we have on him, the first time I saw him was in the Valentine pictures, and an immediate disliking to him I seem to have that stems from a feeling that he is just a 'special snowflake' character based on him being unique Godlike with pretty much nothing else to say about him other than he is a representative of one of the factions.  They should have made him an Aumaua if he is supposed to be a representative, they should release more info about him before my mind fills in more unfavourable blanks about him, they should have made him a dwarf....

• Like 2

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

• he's a dwarven companion stealin' son-of-a-

This is all you need to know. 

Honestly, I think the main problems I have with him is the lack of information we have on him, the first time I saw him was in the Valentine pictures, and an immediate disliking to him I seem to have that stems from a feeling that he is just a 'special snowflake' character based on him being unique Godlike with pretty much nothing else to say about him other than he is a representative of one of the factions.  They should have made him an Aumaua if he is supposed to be a representative, they should release more info about him before my mind fills in more unfavourable blanks about him, they should have made him a dwarf....

I still remain convinced he is a Godlike Aumaua.

Combined with his Chanter/Druid class and being a Deadfire indigenous (Huana) with an obvious Polynesian inspiration makes him the most intriguing companion to me.

I imagine him as some kind of sea shaman, so I'm really hoping for confirmation on this.

• Like 1

Blue companion? You mean Boeroer? j/k

In all seriousness though, I'm not sure what you mean. In the banner, the only bluish character is the one between Eder and the arquebus firing Aumaua, and it looks like Eder is attacking that one.

Pillars2.png

In all seriousness though, I'm not sure what you mean. In the banner, the only bluish character is the one between Eder and the arquebus firing Aumaua, and it looks like Eder is attacking that one.

Pillars2.png

It looks like Eder is holding Maia by the scruff of the neck there!  Its always Eder it seems...

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

looking at the pic again he is definitely not a dwarf... Same height as eder and built like an amaua

But no-one here said that he is a dwarf.

Also don't blame him for the lack of dwarves ya goobers.

Am gonna.

Edited by Messier-31
  • Like 1

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Pillars2.png

Xoti looks like she doesn't give a ****. Confirmed slot in my party.

• Like 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I'm guessing we don't have more information about the blue guy because 1) they haven't finished fleshing him out yet or 2) maybe his backstory is a spoiler?

What bugs me about that drawing is that it looks like at least 3 characters are talking over each other. Maybe the blue guy is chanting? Ha.

I do love how everyone's having beer except Pallegrina, who went with tea (probably herbal) and Aloth went with red wine. Xoti was already my favorite companion, but her putting down 4 beers, even more so.

Edited by darqleo

Pillars2.png

It looks like Eder is holding Maia by the scruff of the neck there!  Its always Eder it seems...
I personally can't unsee it as Eder holding Maia's ponytail.
  • Like 2

I'm guessing we don't have more information about the blue guy because 1) they haven't finished fleshing him out yet or 2) maybe his backstory is a spoiler?

What bugs me about that drawing is that it looks like at least 3 characters are talking over each other. Maybe the blue guy is chanting? Ha.

I do love how everyone's having beer except Pallegrina, who went with tea (probably herbal) and Aloth went with red wine. Xoti was already my favorite companion, but her putting down 4 beers, even more so.

Looks like Maia and Serafen are having a go, and Takehu is taking the piss at them with Aloth.

And yea, Xoti confirmed for chillest!

I still remain convinced he is a Godlike Aumaua.

Pretty sure that Josh has confirmed that he is Aumaua. What's they've been hush-hush about is what flavor of godlike he is (which lends to the suspicion that it's something unique/new)

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

He has a moon crescent on his forehead. He has fins and other aquatic features. Ondra is the goddess of the sea and moon (among other things related to that). His head is covered with some wierd growth. So it's pretty obvious that he is a godlike who's "blessed" by ondra - like moon godlikes are. Maybe just a variant of moon godlike, maybe a standalone godlike version. I think it's the former. Moon godlike racial ability is called "Silver Tide". I don't think they will (or want to) come up with anything more fitting.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Pillars2.png

Nobody can see the one lying on the bench looking up Maia's skirt?

Great positioning, really.

• Like 4

He has a moon crescent on his forehead. He has fins and other aquatic features. Ondra is the goddess of the sea and moon (among other things related to that). His head is covered with some wierd growth. So it's pretty obvious that he is a godlike who's "blessed" by ondra - like moon godlikes are. Maybe just a variant of moon godlike, maybe a standalone godlike version. I think it's the former. Moon godlike racial ability is called "Silver Tide". I don't think they will (or want to) come up with anything more fitting.

Was that for my benefit?

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Pillars2.png

Nobody can see the one lying on the bench looking up Maia's skirt?

Great positioning, really.

I can see it now, and now its all I can see!  Before, it looked like she was looking at Serafen, now I can't see how she can be looking at anything else except up the skirt!