Deadfire is going to be an absolutely epic game of our generation

To the OP : I certainly hope so. But there's a saying that goes "Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed."

Not that I live by it, because I am hyped AF by Deadfire

Yes, but there is also "Thou shalt not bear false hype towards thy message board members and developers", so you're good.

• Like 3

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

"An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded."

Wait, no, that doesn't work at all. Hmm...

"Blessed is the mind too small for doubt."

No, no, that's just... That's just insulting.

"Suffer not a witch to live!"

Almost, but not quite, something's just wrong there, but the tone is right... Oh, I know!

"BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!"

... Wait, what were we talking about?

• Like 11

"An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded."

Wait, no, that doesn't work at all. Hmm...

"Blessed is the mind too small for doubt."

No, no, that's just... That's just insulting.

"Suffer not a witch to live!"

Almost, but not quite, something's just wrong there, but the tone is right... Oh, I know!

"BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!"

... Wait, what were we talking about?

2yv2n92.jpg

• Like 2

Only if we get a codpiece revolver.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Since we're talking about games that are gonna be great, Jullian Gollop's Phoenix Point fig campaign is on and I'm like    :w00t:   :aiee:   :bow:

Intriguing. Surely Firaxis is hard at work on XCOM 3. Seems this genre has seen a bit of a revival.

• Like 1

Since we're talking about games that are gonna be great, Jullian Gollop's Phoenix Point fig campaign is on and I'm like    :w00t:   :aiee:   :bow:

Intriguing. Surely Firaxis is hard at work on XCOM 3. Seems this genre has seen a bit of a revival.

It was about friggin' time if you ask me! It's a bit surreal, though, how the whole thing happened :p

I'm not too excited with POE2 (Specially since Ydwin wasn't an Ascended Extra and still is a sidekick) and that took my interest game to an all time low (for me). Pratically being out of my "Be Hyped" list

Don't get me wrong, I will get the game just not immediately.

PS: If Ydwin gets promoted to Companion in a big update, then it's another story.

• Like 1

I just hope deadfire is more like the white march than the og pillars of eternity. I really enjoyed the expansion way more than the orginal game.

It will. I wasn't around then, but if you look at BG to BG2, BG2 takes a lot from the TotSC expansion. Durlags Tower in particular with most BG2 dungeons being larger and having more levels than BG counterparts.

What I would wager will not show up from WM are the mini-class talents like baby sneak attack because we're getting real multiclassing. And maybe soulbound items will be more general to avoid conflicting abilities.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I'm not too excited with POE2 (Specially since Ydwin wasn't an Ascended Extra and still is a sidekick) and that took my interest game to an all time low (for me). Pratically being out of my "Be Hyped" list

PS: If Ydwin gets promoted to Companion in a big update, then it's another story.

one of the more stranger posts I have read

• Like 2

I just hope deadfire is more like the white march than the og pillars of eternity. I really enjoyed the expansion way more than the orginal game.

Interesting that you say that. I enjoyed TWM story more than the original too, but I'm having trouble working out why. Better pacing? A lighter touch? It certainly wasn't because I like dungeon crawling. I don't rate Durlag's Tower very highly, and the Endless Paths was tedium incarnate.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

Interesting that you say that. I enjoyed TWM story more than the original too, but I'm having trouble working out why. Better pacing? A lighter touch? It certainly wasn't because I like dungeon crawling. I don't rate Durlag's Tower very highly, and the Endless Paths was tedium incarnate.

The pacing was better and the questing more consistent. There was no text wall screens to advance the plot - everything was done with scripted interactions. Scripted interactions were more advanced (you could cast spells/use abilities!) which made dungeon crawling far more interesting also. It had more interesting loot and a great story (as good as the base game imo) that was advancing with better pacing (pacing again). Combat encounters were designed better too.

Edited by Sedrefilos
  • Like 3

For me the really nice and "unique" unique items (Spelltongue, Bittercut, Redeemer and so on) with unusual enchantments as well as the (mostly) great new abilites also played a major role. I mean who doesn't love Sacred Immolation and stuff? :)

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

It's because, when I take interest on a game, I take interest in a particular feature of it. just that

It's because, when I take interest on a game, I take interest in a particular feature of it. just that

Oh, we know what 'feature' you taken an interest in!  Though do they count as one or two features? :devil:

images_400x400.jpg

• Like 3

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Maybe it's a good thing Ydwin is being relegated to a side-kick.

Subclasses, multiclass-ing, the ship as a stronghold, the new sailing/exploration mechanic, (to name a few)... and yet Ydwin is someone's deciding factor.. to each his own I guess.

An absolutely epic game of our generation has to have sexy chickas.

• Like 1

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Maybe it's a good thing Ydwin is being relegated to a side-kick.

Subclasses, multiclass-ing, the ship as a stronghold, the new sailing/exploration mechanic, (to name a few)... and yet Ydwin is someone's deciding factor.. to each his own I guess.

An absolutely epic game of our generation has to have sexy chickas.

I guess she would have been my type at some point, but now I'd rather talk to Xoti. Guess that category is still covered for me ;)

But really, I hate how these sorts of aspects are used to sell games. It always turns the games into (are my fantasies being met) sort of scenario. The devs can never win, and it eats into more meaningful plot endeavors.

• Like 2

The pacing was better and the questing more consistent. There was no text wall screens to advance the plot - everything was done with scripted interactions. Scripted interactions were more advanced (you could cast spells/use abilities!) which made dungeon crawling far more interesting also. It had more interesting loot and a great story (as good as the base game imo) that was advancing with better pacing (pacing again). Combat encounters were designed better too.

All of that. For me the biggest change was the complexity of the quests. Even a simple quest (like stealing a bottle for the drunk guy), had more to it, with some unexpected twists. The monk monastry is easily my favourite part of the entire game. Excellent visual storytelling, quest with multiple ways of approaching it (getting in, solving, decision making.) A great balance between combat, talking and exploring.