• 2 weeks later...

Craft missile enchantments that last for a combat encounter.

Growth Spurt spell/potion to increase character size.

Arcane ritual books to magically ward your ship.
Non-combat mounts.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

• 2 weeks later...

When a friend is down remove their circle to remove the frustration.

Fix the severe imbalances with classes.For example a 1st level cipher spell that controls enemies is wrong.Total domination of a character should be saved for high level spells only with early level spells just causing confusion etc.Ciphers on solo runs making fighters and melee characters just feel less important is not balance Josh?!

When a friend is down remove their circle to remove the frustration.

Fix the severe imbalances with classes.For example a 1st level cipher spell that controls enemies is wrong.Total domination of a character should be saved for high level spells only with early level spells just causing confusion etc.Ciphers on solo runs making fighters and melee characters just feel less important is not balance Josh?!

Game is NOT balanced with solo runs in mind. Though I do agree that Ciphers felt awefully powerful. As my character was Cipher I rather liked that....

I think I took eyestrike at level 1 and I didn't feel strong as a Cipher. I guess I was sort of building my Cipher as a glass cannon / mob controller.

Just because classes have really strong early builds doesn't mean there is a problem.

Whisper of treason is the spell.

Putting my first comment aside,POE on my first run was so disappointing that I quit as soon as I got to Dyrford village.Yrs later and POE has me hooked completely with me spending another $25 bucks.Keep digging deep Josh and crew!;)

Not realistic suggestions, but I'd like to see underwater exploration/combat and have companions and some key NPCs be fully-voiced. :huh:

With double the VO we might get close. I hope we'll at leas be wadding through flooded temples. Getting full underwater levels would be both a surprise and shock. But if navigation works nearly the same as on land then that would be really neat to see. Maybe some Archemage has an underwater breathing trait he can bequeath your party.

Not realistic suggestions, but I'd like to see underwater exploration/combat and have companions and some key NPCs be fully-voiced. :huh:

With double the VO we might get close. I hope we'll at leas be wadding through flooded temples. Getting full underwater levels would be both a surprise and shock. But if navigation works nearly the same as on land then that would be really neat to see. Maybe some Archemage has an underwater breathing trait he can bequeath your party.

Or diving suits even. There's even a diving helmet already ingame. There are diving suit designs that did exist in the period that the PoE world is roughly technologically at (15th to 18th centuries. Though there aren't any hints of work on the steam engine. Actually, I'm surprised the dwarves haven't developed it already.), so, they wouldn't be too out of place.

Wouldn't be surprised if there was some archmage or something in the Deadfire that was more focused on water related spells.

• Like 1

Or diving suits even. There's even a diving helmet already ingame. There are diving suit designs that did exist in the period that the PoE world is roughly technologically at (15th to 18th centuries. Though there aren't any hints of work on the steam engine. Actually, I'm surprised the dwarves haven't developed it already.), so, they wouldn't be too out of place.

Wouldn't be surprised if there was some archmage or something in the Deadfire that was more focused on water related spells.

Well we haven't seen much of dwarves of dwarf culture yet. So maybe that is about to change.

just two things:

- either increase flexibility of characters (multiclassing should have that covered) or don't include bottlenecks early on, before a party can bloom. I've had many interesting parties kick the bucket in the keep's hall.

- more incentives to figure reputations into your character concept. Like, how would a character be a great diplomat, if all they have is great strength?

just two things:

- either increase flexibility of characters (multiclassing should have that covered) or don't include bottlenecks early on, before a party can bloom. I've had many interesting parties kick the bucket in the keep's hall.

- more incentives to figure reputations into your character concept. Like, how would a character be a great diplomat, if all they have is great strength?

Wraiths in general have waaaay to many abilities for an early game mob.  They teleport, they damage, some shoot frost bolts, some make copies.  They should have been built up as a mid game mob. 

just two things:

Wraiths in general have waaaay to many abilities for an early game mob.  They teleport, they damage, some shoot frost bolts, some make copies.  They should have been built up as a mid game mob. 

All IMO.....I really like POE but I agree that so many creatures are thrown at player early on that should of been saved for later.For balance purposes but also for immersion.Its like in POE you just move a few feet on map and bam a new creature type appears that are just standing around.Dangerous creatures should not be standing all over maps right near major cities,

Keep alive creatures above ground and undead below ground was my first uhhh.Creepy (dark) dungeons are where undead types belong while the Engwithan ruins(with more lighting all around) have there own class of enemies with animats etc.And when you are tasked to enter a dangerous crypt have the quest giver give some insight like..legend says its haunted by #### and here is as much as we know to fight them.Just little tips like they are immune to pointy weapons for example.

And why make ogres so silly to fight.I never need anything but point and click one by one till they are all down.They could be later game combatants with crazy strength where you need to send spells of hold,tanglefoot etc to keep their massive damage hits away.Hard hitting and hard to take down but slow is where I think they should be.

Again all IMO. :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hoping there's a possibility that your ship could sink under you, leaving you adrift on flotsam with only a few surviving crew members. From there, things get worse...

I'm hoping there's a possibility that your ship could sink under you, leaving you adrift on flotsam with only a few surviving crew members. From there, things get worse...

Could happen only if its a plot point, systemically...nope. Ship is essential for navigation, even getting it seriously damaged/hindering its speed too much may not be an option. Also I expect the crew will be too hard to get killed in dangerous situations since they won't be generic NPCs.

I'm hoping for occasional sea creature sightings around the ship while cruising; whales, dolphins, sharks etc. Wonder how big is the visible ocean around the ship...

Could happen only if its a plot point, systemically...nope. Ship is essential for navigation, even getting it seriously damaged/hindering its speed too much may not be an option. Also I expect the crew will be too hard to get killed in dangerous situations since they won't be generic NPCs.

I'm hoping for occasional sea creature sightings around the ship while cruising; whales, dolphins, sharks etc. Wonder how big is the visible ocean around the ship...

Aye, but the possibility of getting shipwrecked makes adventuring at sea much more dramatic. Otherwise you're just tourists. Besides, it's an opportunity to strip the party of their gear and have them start over.

Aye, but the possibility of getting shipwrecked makes adventuring at sea much more dramatic. Otherwise you're just tourists. Besides, it's an opportunity to strip the party of their gear and have them start over.

What you seem to crave for is a proper sea adventure... and I don't blame you. I still hope do get Sid Meier's Pirates!! one of these days. However, as the world navigation system was compared by Devs to fallout world maps, I wouldn't expect too much. Yes, it would be cool to have proper ship fights, wrecking and buying new ships, trading, loosing and recruiting crew but those ideas fundamentally conflict with established gameplay of PoE. I am curious what "crew management" will do, but I expect it will fit with what you do on shoremore, than actual sailing.

I'm given the idea by some people that they want/expect/think this game's gonna be a new Pirates game. This is Pillars 2, though, the sequel to a fantasy party-based rpg, inspired by the IE games of the past. Just so we're all on the same page when discussing the game :)

I think a few of you are getting a bit carried away. Let's remember how that Stronghold turned out in the first game, I wouldn't expect too much of things.

Consider that this time ships are the core travel mechanic, whereas the Stronghold content was optional. Hence I'd expect more development of the ship-based content.

I think a few of you are getting a bit carried away. Let's remember how that Stronghold turned out in the first game, I wouldn't expect too much of things.

Consider that this time ships are the core travel mechanic, whereas the Stronghold content was optional. Hence I'd expect more development of the ship-based content.

Yep, as I mentioned in your thread daven, the stronghold concept got completely redone and your ship is the base of operations for the game.