More gun options might be cool.

How about a really strong character can use a cannon as a gun

I could see Ogres carrying light cannons. The game stats gives them decent Int, so an Ogre civilization could potentially learn to build and use them.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

lol like how strong? :D

A cannon needs at least two to operate and drag it, let alone lift it.

They could use more gun option, though it'll require them to derrail from the real life historical weaponry and make some fantasy ones; which is ok by me :)

Edited by Sedrefilos

I could see Ogres carrying light cannons. The game stats gives them decent Int, so an Ogre civilization could potentially learn to build and use them.

They already do in WM.  Ogres can't be a character cause it ****s with doorways.  But lore says an Ogre civ would be unsustainable.  It would only last as long as the leader.

There could be mounted opponents that count as a single unit. That'll be cool but won't be "mounted combat". And it doesen't have to imo.

It would if the rider could dismount (or be dismounted) and fight separately.

Didn't we have mounted units in Icewind Dale2? I remember goblins were riding some kind of wolves, and if you killed wolf the goblin would still fight as regular goblin unit.

I don't see much reason for a horse, when you already have ship, but it might be an interesting idea for future.

There could be mounted opponents that count as a single unit. That'll be cool but won't be "mounted combat". And it doesen't have to imo.

Didn't we have mounted units in Icewind Dale2? I remember goblins were riding some kind of wolves, and if you killed wolf the goblin would still fight as regular goblin unit.

I don't see much reason for a horse, when you already have ship, but it might be an interesting idea for future.

If the islands were sufficiently large, horses would make sense as farm animals and for towing wagons. But it might be interesting to have a unique mount type rather than a horse. Maybe a domesticated giant beetle?

If the islands were sufficiently large, horses would make sense as farm animals and for towing wagons. But it might be interesting to have a unique mount type rather than a horse. Maybe a domesticated giant beetle?

A seahorse.

A seahorse.

Battling giant scorpion-lobster (slobions?) mounts could be epic.

A seahorse.

Battling giant scorpion-lobster (slobions?) mounts could be epic.

You mean Sea Scorpions, some species grew pretty big.

How about a mythical moving island that is the subject of wild tavern rumors? There are even those who claim to have visited it, and will tell you of the strange beings who dwell therein for the price of a few pints of ale. Who knows whether they are telling the truth or not though? While at sea, the party will occasionally find an region of impenetrable storms that shifts from place to place. Perhaps the mythical island is located therein?

• Like 1

How about a mythical moving island that is the subject of wild tavern rumors? There are even those who claim to have visited it, and will tell you of the strange beings who dwell therein for the price of a few pints of ale. Who knows whether they are telling the truth or not though? While at sea, the party will occasionally find an region of impenetrable storms that shifts from place to place. Perhaps the mythical island is located therein?

tDpymWf.png

And perhaps this island has a mysterious hut, set up by the Fulvano Initiative, and upon entering the party realizes that they must press a button every 108 minutes or a horrible monster is released to the world. :p

Not exactly what I had in mind. I was thinking perhaps an "Isle of lost souls", or something related to soul magic.

Only problem though, is that they already decided on what 'Fulvano' islands they want.

Rumor has it that island may just be a rumor. ;)

So grimoires are now "trinket" slot items instead of off hand slot; wouldn't it be cool pistols could also be equipped in that slot and if so they can't be reloaded in combat, essentially 1 per encounter pistol shot? Also fits with the pirate-y setting...

• Like 3

So grimoires are now "trinket" slot items instead of off hand slot; wouldn't it be cool pistols could also be equipped in that slot and if so they can't be reloaded in combat, essentially 1 per encounter pistol shot? Also fits with the pirate-y setting...

This would be cool, although a better UI is needed for this. I ended up never using item abilities in WM because of that.

Hmmm.... I must have missed that. Where was it stated? Does that mean that grimoires role has changed, or do they just free up mages hands so he can be more flexible?

I am not sure about changing pistols much, though I did find them most effective when used at the start of the combat (one shot) and never reloading them in combat. 

Hmmm.... I must have missed that. Where was it stated? Does that mean that grimoires role has changed, or do they just free up mages hands so he can be more flexible?

There you go: ;)

- source 1

- source 2

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 1

I am not sure about changing pistols much, though I did find them most effective when used at the start of the combat (one shot) and never reloading them in combat. 

Guess this would be even better if used that way without the switching cooldown, however the downside is if you have a pistol equipped you wouldn't get to use whatever the other trinket items give you. So trinket items should be "that" good and game should be harder accordingly...its a BALANCING act  :p

Another idea: A very hard to get unique leather armor in the game that if you equip a pistol the armor magically fills every weapon slot with that pistol: 4 or 6 pistols and no cooldowns between the first 4-6 shots but with accuracy penalty :D

Ed: Every subsequent shot should have -5 accuracy penalty than the one before it. If you fired the first shot with 60 acc, you'd fire the 4th shot with 45 :p

Edited by Quillon
  • Like 1

There you go: ;)- source 1- source 2

Oh oh oh! Class specific trinkets? Like Instruments for chanters? Or Religious relics for priests? I like it, like it, like it

• Like 1

There you go: ;)- source 1- source 2

Oh oh oh! Class specific trinkets? Like Instruments for chanters? Or Religious relics for priests? I like it, like it, like it

There's a slot for the Dwarf fighter's pistol cod-piece now? Nice!

This is more of a fantasy/dream than anything else but... a hidden companion side-kick! (Because A) Less work for Obsidian and B) No voice-over, only text-based dialogue)

Some examples:
1) Pesmerga, Suikoden 2. You can only find Pesmerga between a certain event and another event. If you have Pesmerga, he gets his own "army" during the Turn-Based Strategy events, and can even make one of the enemy armies flee if you have him. Note: There's countless other "Missable" recruits throughout the Suikoden series, too many to count.

2) Yuffie & Vincent, Final Fantasy 7. Whilst Yuffie is pretty straight forward and easy to get, she isn't necessarily a "given". If you choose the wrong dialogue options she'll disappear but you'll most likely encounter her again. Vincent however, is another story, albeit he is easy to get you still have to go to a specific place to get him, which might be easily overseen (I didn't get him the first time I played, and later learned that he was an actual recruitable companion).

3) Final Fantasy VI: Gogo, Umaro, Mog. Gogo is a tad bit more difficult, and I think that if you don't get Mog you can't get Umaro if I recall correctly.

What does it add? I don't know really, it's just fun and cool.

My hope in POE was that the Dragon Hunter (Fardragan?) was going to be a sort of "Secret Companion Side-Kick" but alas... nope.

Maybe in Deadfire? :D

• Like 1