How long after the events of PoE1 will PoE2:Deadfire be?

I'm just wondering out of curiosity because it's been said that if you start from a saved PoE1 game, the endgame results (though you'd have to actually end the game for the history to trigger) will transfer in some way to the new PoE2:Deadfire game, and the thing is that many of the endgame history takes place over decades, perhaps a century or two.

So, any idea how long after the events of PoE1 this game will take place?

They've said about 5 years (without being exact).

So I guess some of the ending slides won't affect us directly in PoE2.  But there's enough time for most of the companion endings to play out (at least the returning companions).

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Oh, only a couple years or less than a decade, okay.... heh.

Just long enough for the returning companions stories to play out and not long enough for the other events to really matter.

Which ones are the returning companions? I think I saw Eder, maybe Sagani (her homeland is in the archipelago after all), and someone else. Edit: Oh yeah. Pallegina.

Edited by smjjames

Sagani's homeland is the White that Wends, that's the Southerns polar region.

Aloth, Eder, and Pallegina are the returning companions.

Well, her wiki page says she is from Naasitaq, which is part of the Deadfire Archipelago. Although a very southern part of the archipelago. She even says that she is from the Deadfire Archipelago when you ask her about her homeland.

So, she could still return, just not as a companion.

Edited by smjjames
  • Like 1

Sagani's homeland is the White that Wends, that's the Southerns polar region.Aloth, Eder, and Pallegina are the returning companions.

Well, her wiki page says she is from Naasitaq, which is part of the Deadfire Archipelago. Although a very southern part of the archipelago. She even says that she is from the Deadfire Archipelago when you ask her about her homeland. So, she could still return, just not as a companion.

I think in one of the streams when asked about interesting locations for DLC Josh mentioned that Naasitaq would be cool. To me that would indicate that as for now we will not visit Naasitaq in Deadfire. She might still be an NPC but it wouldn't make much sense for her to leave her tribe again (at least with the ending I got). I expect to see characters closer tied to the story.

I actually hoped it'd be hundreds of years in the future, in a somewhat more advanced Eora - not a total shift towards steampunk, but a beginning of the industrial revolution would be amazing.

But it's not.

And I'm mostly okay with it.

• Like 2

Sagani's homeland is the White that Wends, that's the Southerns polar region.

Aloth, Eder, and Pallegina are the returning companions.

Well, her wiki page says she is from Naasitaq, which is part of the Deadfire Archipelago. Although a very southern part of the archipelago. She even says that she is from the Deadfire Archipelago when you ask her about her homeland.

So, she could still return, just not as a companion.

The Deadfire Archipelago stretches over *THOUSANDS* of miles, going from the northern temperate region to, as you pointed out, the southern polar region. There is no way we will see even a significant portion of it in this game. It is entirely possible to explore the Deadfire for decades and never come close to Naasitaq.

She's in the Deadfire, allright. Right at the southern tip, in the part that is climatically identical to the White That Wends in every way. I can't confirm, but I imagine it's a lot like the South Orkney Islands; identical to Antarctica, located in the Antarctic island chain, in every way a part of Antarctica---but it's clearly Argentina.

How do we transfer from PoE to PoE2? For me at least the game saves right after the final fight but before a huge decision that would seemingly shape much of Deadfire.

How much time passes in the first game? Weeks? Months? Time is an illusion? A year? More???

Time is a flat circle, we've always been in the Deadfire.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

How do we transfer from PoE to PoE2? For me at least the game saves right after the final fight but before a huge decision that would seemingly shape much of Deadfire.

How much time passes in the first game? Weeks? Months? Time is an illusion? A year? More???

There is hidden save called gamecomplete. You can find it in saves folder.

Well I feel stupid. How do you tell the difference between them if you have the same character name though? I'm currently doing a Triple Crown and gonna use that as my main import, but I recently beat it with with a character of the same name as my TC game.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Well I feel stupid. How do you tell the difference between them if you have the same character name though? I'm currently doing a Triple Crown and gonna use that as my main import, but I recently beat it with with a character of the same name as my TC game.

Game makes different profiles when you start a new game. Even if you name all your characters the same they'll be in a different profile with its own saves.