Massive stuttering at random

Genesis4545

Question

Hello everyone! I recently started having a rather annoying issue when traveling in the game. Basically the game starts stuttering like crazy sometimes when I travel. It can be both map travel or just exiting a house, anywhere where there's a loading screen basically. Also the same problem is present to a lesser degree in the level-up menu. Lowering the graphics quality does absolutely nothing, there is NO improvement, but all audio works just fine which I find to be quite odd. Reloading seems to fix it for a while every time, even if I save during the stuttering and reload that, but it's very annoying since not only does it disrupt the gameplay but it's also quite slow since the game becomes quite unresponsive. 

I've tried a couple of things already but none of them have worked;

1. Repairing and re-installing the game, as an administrator.

2. Simply running the game as an administrator.

3. Re-installing the June 2010DirectX runtime package (recommended by gog support).

4. Restoring my 3D settings to default via the nVidia control panel.

5. And as I pointed out tweaking the graphics settings, eg. setting everything to the lowest and disabling v-sync etc.

Nothing has worked so far. I'm starting to worry that the fault is in my PC, but it doesn't happen in any other game so I really am at a loss. Any and all help is appreciated!

NOTE: As I was attaching files I noticed that all my saves for the affected character (only have two and haven't tried the other one) are over 4000KB big, whereas for the other character the biggest one is 222KB and all other are less than 200KB. So something definitely appears to be wrong. Managed to upload the DxDiag and the output log though so hopefully that'll be enough.

UPDATE: So I believe it was indeed my PC that was ****ed. I ended up reinstalling windows altogether and lo-and-behold; the problem is gone. I dunno how to mark this as solved though  ;(

DxDiag.txt

output_log.txt

Edited by Genesis4545

2 answers to this question

1. You can try update graphiccard driver if you have not done that already. You
can also try update audio and input/output motherboard drivers.
2. You can try enable/disable Vsync if it makes any difference.
3. Even with 16 GB RAM you can try do not have any Interent browser open that take RAM and do not have FRAPS enabled.
4. Disable Hamachi if you have that installed.
5. Use MSI afterburner and cap your framerate to much lower then 60 fps maybe it runs
more smoothly.
6. Core balancing I don't know how this is done but google.
Your computer is super:
Processor: Intel® Core i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
Nvidia 1080 8GB DDR5
16 GB RAM
Windows 10
Sorry I can not help more. Your issue is a mystery to me.
I have no stuttering on my laptop and neither does my brother who has desktop
any stuttering.

This is my performance/price gaming laptop:
Acer Aspire VX5-591G 15.6" GAMING LAPTOP (black)
15.6 inch easy to carrry into airplane even if you move to another country.
CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ
That is Kaby Lake newest of Intel consumer market CPUS.
This particular Kaby Lake is 4 cores and 3,5GHz in TURBO MODE.
Graphiccard: Nvidia GTX 1050Ti, 4 GB DDR5
Memory: 8 GB DDR4 RAM
1 TB HDD
what no SSD? Does not affect gaming, but Windows boots/starts slower.
Operating system: Windows 10.

If anyone else forum is curious about my graphic card?

Source:
http://www.pcworld.com/article/3134528/components-graphics/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1050-and-gtx-1050-ti-review-the-new-budget-gaming-champions.html?page=10
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 and GTX 1050 Ti review: The new budget gaming champions
www.pcworld.com
Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1050 and GTX 1050 Ti are the best graphics cards for budget gamers and people looking to upgrade a prebuilt "big box" PC.

"
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 and GTX 1050 Ti review: The new budget gaming champions
Bottom line

Nvidia truly knocked it out of the park with the GeForce GTX 1050 and GTX 1050 Ti. Not only are these graphics cards a worthy successor (and worthwhile upgrade) for the legendary GTX 750 Ti, Nvidia’s cards are notably cooler, notably more power-efficient, and notably more powerful than AMD’s Radeon RX 460. "

"UPDATE: So I believe it was indeed my PC that was ****ed. I ended up reinstalling windows altogether and lo-and-behold; the problem is gone. I dunno how to mark this as solved though"

Ah ok noticed that  problem solved for you, but if the problem returns you can try my instructions and they may help others.

Finally instead of complete Windows reinstall sometimes you can try also Windows SYSTEM RESTORE google it on Internet if you don't know  how to do it.

Complete reinstall of Windows if of course one way to solve problems not saying it is wrong to do so whatever suits your needs.