Steam Haven

Steam's next sale is in November. Steam always has the best sales :)

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

No, you cannot. If I recall correctly, Valve did it to help reduce scamming (of both users and Valve itself).

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Maybe because you can gift Steam cards now :)

I actually still have my gift copy of Sonic The Hedgehog from August... Strange.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Can't you just buy from Humble instead of key resellers?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Okay. Because Humble is not a reseller. Humble gets keys from the publishers, not by buying them and reselling them. Steam doesn't get any of it, not even indirectly.

I get you now.

Yeah, all I was trying to say is that because of my shopping habits Steam has cut themselves out of the loop. I already don't by games for myself directly through them but I still bought gifts for others through their store and now that is no more.

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Okay. Because Humble is not a reseller. Humble gets keys from the publishers, not by buying them and reselling them. Steam doesn't get any of it, not even indirectly.

But when the keys are entered in a Steam account, I bet Steam gets a cut from the publisher, for servicing the account.

They actually do not. Valve's been open about monetization. They only get money for sales through Steam.

Wait... I'm confused. I can still purchase games as gifts for friends on my account. I add the game to the cart and press the "Purchase as a gift" button.

Wait... I'm confused. I can still purchase games as gifts for friends on my account. I add the game to the cart and press the "Purchase as a gift" button.

But you can't store it in inventory to then give out at a later time. You have to select who and when at the time of checkout.

• Like 2

That's weird. I just checked, I still have a game that sorts under "Gifts", and that I can give away.

You acquired it before the change.

Well, yeah, they weren't just gonna retroactively delete people's current copies...but you can't get any more.

(e): ninja-ed

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

• 1 month later...

I see lots that I want.

I see absolutely nothing I'm likely to play before the Summer sale, however. Maybe Endless Space 2.

Was not expecting the Obsidian edition of Pathfinder Adventures for 8.24 USD, was going to buy it anyway. That just leaves Tyranny and dlc, so now I just need to find the time to actually play my Obsidian collection.

Kinda lousy sale. Pretty much everything I want to buy is still at the same price as it was on Black Friday sale. So I bought bunch of cheap games that I skipped back then. Too many games still stuck in that 15-20 euro limbo and don't seem to go down and since I still have about 150 games to finish there's no reason to pay that much for games that will just look pretty in my library. 

Hate the living, love the dead.

Say hello to the new sale, same as the old sale.