Steam Haven

A guy just offered to mail me $1,000 dollars for my steam url.

• Like 2
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I would assume it's one of the customized ones, one that somebody clearly wants...although I'd be hesitant to make that trade without a (trusted) third party handling the money. Unless Tale meant they'd literally (physically) mail the money, which then I'd say you'd have to receive the money first...and maybe make sure that it's not counterfeit, :p

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

What's so special about your Steam url?

Honestly, it looked like a rich dude that likes blowing his money on junk.

Though I do have the id/Tale url and the groups/EVIL one. He actually said he'd be willing to mail me cash. But then I decided I'd rather keep them.

Whats a Steam url? Im asking for a friend...

Your steamcommunity custom url.

Like mine: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tale

You can actually change it when editing your profile.

• Like 1

Whats a Steam url? Im asking for a friend...

Your steamcommunity custom url.

Like mine: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tale

You can actually change it when editing your profile.

Some jerk has had "Bartimaeus" for as long as I've been on Steam (...which is almost as long as you). I occasionally check to see if he's changed it, but no luck so far.

(e): Uh, why isn't "bastard" censored? I mean, I guess it has non-cussing uses, but so do others...

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

Dang, my profile is way less shiny than some of you folks.

edit: How do you set a background image on Steam?

The only way I've been able to figure out is with the themes u can buy from players or from getting all the cards from a game on steam if they have any. I think I have the pillars one with the swarm of monsters and tentacle monster, but I think the one I like the most I have is a binding of Isaac one.

Dang, my profile is way less shiny than some of you folks.

edit: How do you set a background image on Steam?

If you collect a set of trading cards you get an emoticon, wallpaper/background and level up. Or you can just buy the wallpaper from the market. There are thousands of awesome wallpapers.

Each time you level up 10 levels, you get a showcase. Showcases can be used for different things such as showing off your favorite game, featuring your top 4 games, screenshots, artwork etc. So if you're at level 20 you have 2 showcase boxes and so on.

• Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Im only level 5 after 6 years. Im doing it wrong. :(

Nah u ain't doing it wrong, I've been at the same level for years ever since u can't trade/sell unless u have that abomination security thingie.

Same for me. For some reason, no matter what I do I'm told I can't sell anything so I stopped caring.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Steam has been impressing me lately, much more so than any other format at least. Seems like it's getting less garbage games that everyone talks about and games that actually matter. I love that. Cuphead coming in September, Sonic Forces in November and who knows what else we'll get before the year's over :)

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

There's likely to be 5000 (!) games released on Steam this year. That's nearly 15/ day, or GOG's entire catalogue every 4 months.

I suspect the number of worthwhile titles has not quite seen the same inflation.

Yeah, it's a steaming pile of trash, as per the Valve/Steam trend over the past 5 years or so.

How do you know? Have you tried the thousands of games yourself in order for you to come to that conclusion? Or is this the same old "We hate Steam and it's greenlight brigade!"

Let's face it, Steam will always have the gems that will never come to Origin, GoG or whatever the other one's called.

The reason I asked is because GoG users are always flooding Steam's forums begging for devs to release their games. So I know that there is some jealousy floating about, not saying from anyone here personally. Just in general on the net.

I bought exactly 3 games and 2 DLC bundles on Steam in 2017. I felt zero interest in having anything else than these. I can't imagine how painful it must be to slog through these 5k titles in the Steam shop.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I'm just not sure how that validates anyone to an opinion if the games are worth playing or not lol I understand that the majority of users here widely favor GoG over Steam, this is why I favor Steam over GoG and Origin. I am experienced enough to have found some truly hidden gems.

Of course nonody has time to test out thousands of games but that's not it, it's more like people are blindly saying "I'd rather have a few good games on GoG than thousands of crap games on Steam" not because it's true but because GoG lacks support which GoG users are desperate enough to be in every game hub on Steam begging for devs to release their products on GoG. That proves to me that they're not crap and at least some value or there would be no point of making such a statement without playing them :)

How do you know? Have you tried the thousands of games yourself in order for you to come to that conclusion? Or is this the same old "We hate Steam and it's greenlight brigade!"

Let's face it, Steam will always have the gems that will never come to Origin, GoG or whatever the other one's called.

See, I don't need to slide needles under my fingernails to know that it hurts like a bitch, your comments to the contrary notwithstanding.

A significant fraction of those 5k releases will likely be shovelware, and your listing of a full two titles "that actually matter" doesn't change that one bit. Even if a thousand of those turn out to be good, you'd still end up with an 80% trash ratio.

GOG is starting to go that route as well, since they haven't restricted their catalog to "Old" games for a while, and it's debatable whether they were ever strict in adhering to "Good". An online storefront called simply "Games" just doesn't pack the same punch, I guess.

• Like 1

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.