Import from PoE1? New classes for old chars?

As the title says, I am curious about how (if any) import from PoE 1 will function.

In the vids shown so far, there are promises of our choices in PoE1 affecting something or another in PoE2.

This means that we either A: must be able to respond to a serious of questions of how we acted in PoE1. or B: Actually import a savegame from PoE1.. or both, as seen in Mass Effect (Simulated import from one game to another).

Which solution are you guys aiming for?

And if it is an actual import of the character played in PoE1, how will that work with the change of some classes and the addition of new ones (multiclassing in particular..)? Will old chars be allowed to choose a new class? Again, I look at Mass Effect and how they did it with the Lasarus project in ME2. By rebuilding Shepard they also gave you a perfect excuse to do whatever you wanted with him..

As the story trailer for PoE2 goes, Eothas leaves you for dead.. in other words, you're in a pretty horrible state and some kind of lifesaving magic/event could drastically change you.. perhaps even a racechange. Perhaps your soul inhabits a new body..?

I am sure there are still many specifics that are not yet decided, but it would be nice to know:

1. Do we actually import our PoE1 chars?

2. Can imported chars (if possible) change their class/race?

I am sure there are still many specifics that are not yet decided, but it would be nice to know:

1. Do we actually import our PoE1 chars?

2. Can imported chars (if possible) change their class/race?

1. Yes. And if you don't you get to set the important choices.
  2. Class change - yes. Race change - no.

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...