Camera does not move on MacBook Pro Retina

orkus

Question

I just installed Pillars of Eternity for the first time on my MacBook Pro Late 2013 Retina 15" running macOS Sierra. No matter whether in Window or Full Screen Mode, by mouse or by keyboard, using standard cursor keys or remapped ones: the camera just won't move. The only way to reveal a different area of the world is by using the map (open map, click somewhere, close map). Zooming in and out works, though.

I searched for hours, but I haven't found any other player having this problem. This is really very annoying and keeps this great game from being actually enjoyable. Can I do something about this?

8 answers to this question

I don't know, if this is related, but I can not see the complete intro video upon start (only the first second) and when changing areas (e.g. entering or leaving houses), everything is black except my party which is dark grey. I have to open and close the map once to reveal the actual world.

EDIT: Screenshots

Whenever entering an area, it looks like this:

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/93856527266829339/26FC60BBCC04043F1FD13ED2210E24BA00E42BE5/

After opening and closing the map:

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/93856527266829552/A549AB1A695414D4D41061D8F3A8AA54FBDAE63E/

Edited by orkus

Another hint: When I set the macOS GUI scaling to "full resolution/no scaling", I can set the game to a higher resolution (not the full retina one, though), and then I can see the complete intro video!

But the other bugs (no camera movement, black screen after changing locations) are still present.

What's the reason? Mac platform? OS version? Retina display? No QA at Obsidian? Can I get any support? Please?

Also, what I noticed, when checking the option to center on the enemy which caused a pause, this doesn't work neither, UNTIL I open the map, then it immediately centers on the enemy! Then I can immediately close the map again without manually positioning the visible area!

Another hint: Disabling the Steam overlay also didn't help.

Please: I really look forward to this game, I backed PoE2,I payed full price for PoE1 and I also bought Tyrrany, This is a serious issue, the game is almost unplayable. I want technical support, I don't want to be ignored. I am a senior cross-platform software engineer myself, and I know the bugs do always happen, but I also know that with sufficient effort all bugs can be fixed.