Not receiving rewards from challenges

Winzar

Question

4 answers to this question

I'm also not receiving daily challenge rewards. I can still collect the weekly gold, however.

This only started happening within the last two weeks, and I've had the app for about a month.

The challenge updates every time I meet one of the requirements, such as acquiring an ally, but when I finish the challenge it does not add gold or show me any sort of message. Then it just disappears when the next daily challenge replaces it.

I have also noticed that for the "got your back" challenge, discarding an ally for any reason, such as taking damage, qualifies towards completion. Also the use of the Wand of Enervation causes previously used cards for that combat check to respawn back in characters' hands, so I got two 'ticks' of the challenge for discarding the same ally twice.

I'm also not receiving daily challenge rewards. I can still collect the weekly gold, however.

This only started happening within the last two weeks, and I've had the app for about a month.

The challenge updates every time I meet one of the requirements, such as acquiring an ally, but when I finish the challenge it does not add gold or show me any sort of message. Then it just disappears when the next daily challenge replaces it.

Gold is automatically granted on challenge completion (you don't have to go to the challenge section to claim it, like the weekly challenge), and many times I've found that the gold update icon end's up "hidden" by another gold gain or a loading screen, but it's still granted.

Best way is to control your gold total once you're nearing challenge completion, and check if the 100g/150g... whatever the daily bonus is, is added once it's cleared.

I have also noticed that for the "got your back" challenge, discarding an ally for any reason, such as taking damage, qualifies towards completion. Also the use of the Wand of Enervation causes previously used cards for that combat check to respawn back in characters' hands, so I got two 'ticks' of the challenge for discarding the same ally twice.

Seems the way the card queue works, and the moment the game "notices" when a card is "played".

You're making an attack roll or whatever, and you use cards, blessings,... for a specific roll, but wand of Enervation and others (for example, Staff of Hungry Shadows) have a specific roll themselves, so once you "switch" to the wands/staff/... roll, a new card queue is generated clearing the old queue and refunding cards spent (although seems that not everything is refunded).

Catch seems to be that the game seems to check whether the ally is played or not when the card performs the required "card movement" action. Discarded cards are still queued next to the discard pile and dealt with later as a bunch, but since most allies are usually recharged for their die bonus the game performs that "card movement" immediately and counts the card as played so, once you switch to the Enervation roll, ally card is returned but the game already considered it as played.

Actually, now that I'm thinking this, this could lend to a challenge exploit, since the Wand of enervation roll can actually be canceled. If the cards are refunded when a new roll enters you could essentially play ally > enter enervation roll > cancel enervation roll > replay ally >... If the cards are only refunded once the new roll resolves (you actually roll the enervation die and cards are refunded when you return to the combat roll), then you can "only" double-dip into the ally by playing it twice, before and after the enervation roll.

And, if I recall correctly... same happens with "reveal" allies. Cards like Shalelu seem to count as played the moment they're revealed (before the recharge/discard choice), so maybe cards that have a Reveal could be replayed continuously (I recall there was an Eagle ally with a reveal ability, with no recharge/discard?) to quickly clear the challenge

Edited by Yorien