Rogue build help, frustrated with losing end too fast and fainting too much

Knockdown isn't outright useless, it's just the very definition of "Decent early, blah later," which makes it especially irksome that you can't just take it for a few levels and eventually spec out of it. The core issue is that over the course of the game you'll acquire plenty of powerful weapons that knock prone or even stun enemies when you land a critical hit and Knockdown's direct competitor is Disciplined Barrage, a big fat honking accuracy bonus over a healthy duration.

I was just using it as an example, not making any statements about its usefulness. It's true that it falls off later, though, when you've got a lot of ways to knock enemies prone, without even spending any resources. The same applies to some other abilities, like the barbarians' frightening yell, I think.

Talents:

Weapon Focus: Soldier

Two-Handed style

(...)

Weapon/Shield: Fine Spear (Trying to get to that tall grass pike, but don't have the cash atm), Medium Shield (Heater)

Is this OK?

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Knockdown in combo with Disciplined Barrage is one of the best ways to disable dragons. Besides charming them of course (Munacra Arret + Disciplined Barrage).

+1 ACC per level (unlike overbearing or stunning weapons), Full Attack, increased damage. I don't think it falls off. It's actuall so good that I also pick Bonus Knockdown every time.

It's a shame that Edérs INT is so lowish.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I mean seriously... OP has two-handed talent and uses a spear+shield. Is this OK? I mean there is a talent for one-handed, two-handed, and dual-wield, but I see no sword+shield talents. How this works exactly?

He's just waiting for a bit more coins in order to buy Tall Grass. Obviously it's not optimal to use Two Handed Style + spear & shield.

What do you mean "there's no talent for weapon and shield"? Of course there is.

Edited by Boeroer

He's just waiting for a bit more coins in order to buy Tall Grass. Obviously it's not optimal to use Two Handed Style + spear & shield.

And is also by far the strongest One... At High lvls It just means : +6 deflecion, +30 reflex

You know, you could've just name it here, but now I see.

That talent is in defensive, and I was always looking in the offensive ones  >_<

I mean seriously... OP has two-handed talent and uses a spear+shield. Is this OK? I mean there is a talent for one-handed, two-handed, and dual-wield, but I see no sword+shield talents. How this works exactly?

I DID say that I was going for the two handed weapon, and it was a temporary situation until I could get to it.

It's been a long while since that level (level 14 now) and I've had the Tall Grass since I had the first opportunity to buy it.

• Like 1

Yeah, well, thanks for opening my eyes!

I was a bit confused because 1441 posts and your writings in the Deafire forum suggested you also knew PoE very well. Sorry!  :blush:

Edited by Boeroer

I was a bit confused because 1441 posts and your writings in the Deafire forum suggested you also knew PoE very well. Sorry!  :blush:

Not even half as good as you, mate.

Let's say I pay more attention to the lore than to mechanics. Most of these builds and micromanagement are like magic to me, because the older I get, less time I have for playing, so less time to get used to all the details. I sometimes even play in Story Time mode because of this, for crying out loud ;) As I said, I was knocking on the wrong door, looking for the weapon+shield talent in the offensive pool while it was defensive all along. Call it me being scatterbrained.

BUT reading you guys here sometimes really can make a difference, I already plan on respecing a character or two :biggrin:

Edited by Messier-31

You're going to need some way to spend those copper pands after you finish upgrading Caed Nua. Even with hirelings you should be able to buy whatever you need and still make a small profit as long as you try to clear at least 1 map or so per rest.

Respec seems to be the only other currency sink.

• Like 1