DONATIONS CLOSED - Brace yourselves, the Black isle Bastards are coming!

Let's create an item for the Black Isle Bastards! What kind of item should it be?  

206 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of unique equipment for the Black Isle Bastards should we fund with the "Create an item" tier?

2. 2. Should the special piece of equipment (completely or partly) be made of obsidian (if applicable)?

3. 3. Are you aware that voting here will achieve nothing since this campaign ended a very long time ago?

• 3 weeks later...

I literally just found out about this Black Isle thing and I wish I had found it sooner as I want in...Too late obviously to monetarily back it?

You're one year late. Sorry.

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

• 2 weeks later...

So guys... I found the weapon that comes with the BiBs. And I have to say... Obsidian, you funny bunch of awesome people! :)

We were told that we can't have a Macuahuitl because they won't have such "special" weapon models in the game. Fair enough.

What did they give us instead?

Right, a Macuahuitl! And an awesome one, too.  :dancing:

Those Obsis I swear... :lol:

• Like 4

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Omg really??? I need to see that! Please! Screenshot, screenshot, screenshot!

But everything in spoiler tags of course. This thread is in the non-spoiler part of the forum! ;)

Is it really a Macuahuitl? Does it look like a Macuahuitl? Or does it simply look like an ordinary sword that is called Macuahuitl?

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

So guys... I found the weapon that comes with the BiBs. And I have to say... Obsidian, you funny bunch of awesome people! :)

We were told that we can't have a Macuahuitl because they won't have such "special" weapon models in the game. Fair enough.

They are such dodgy devs, I swear... as Captain Fluffle says, picture or it didn't happen! :w00t:

• Like 1

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

Awesome, thanks Obs!

• Like 1

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."

Lord of Light

Ah man - it looks great. And the stats ain't bad either...

• Like 1

Lord of Light

The enchantments are also pretty nice. But please don't ask me to post them here - there are quite a few and I don't want to make like 6 screenshots + tooltips and put them together. :)

Just console it in and have a look (if you save, use the console and then reload you will have no problems with the achievements).

I think fully enchanted it's among the most useful weapons in the game.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

bib_weapon_final_1.png?dl=1

bib_weapon_final_2.png?dl=1

AHAHAHAHA! Omg! Omg omg omg omg! *starts to hyperventilate*

:wowey: :wowey: :wowey: :wowey: :wowey:

That is so awesome! I LOVE IT!

And Aarik didn't tell me xD He left me completely in the dark about this! He gave me some infos about the BIBs in the middle of April but he didn't mention this xD

He did mention an Obsidian sword or an obsidian blade. But he didn't say it was an actual macuahuitl!

I love it! Man, it's such a shame I can't play the game right now because of time constraints. It's getting more and more harder to resist...

• Like 3

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

I have to say that I find this genuinely touching. What a wonderful way for a studio to show their appreciation to their game's community. 

Thank you again Fluffle, for taking the initiative to make this happen. And thank you Obsidian for this kind gesture. 

Now, to start character creation for the Xth time and create a new character build around this weapon...

• Like 1

While it's awesome Obsidian went through the extra trouble to make a new model for the sword and everything, I won't lie I'm disappointed it ended up being a Macuahuitl. I really wanted a full blade made out of Obsidian, glad everyone else is happy about it though.

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer