DONATIONS CLOSED - Brace yourselves, the Black isle Bastards are coming!

Let's create an item for the Black Isle Bastards! What kind of item should it be?  

206 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of unique equipment for the Black Isle Bastards should we fund with the "Create an item" tier?

2. 2. Should the special piece of equipment (completely or partly) be made of obsidian (if applicable)?

3. 3. Are you aware that voting here will achieve nothing since this campaign ended a very long time ago?

I won't lie, I completely forgot about all this BIB stuff. I even forgot to submit my stuff for the log (Doh!), but reading it all again is getting me quite hyped for release. I can't wait to see what Obsidian has done!

• Like 5

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

It's so telling when you dislike pink because you think it's gay. The massive number of pink products from dolls and princess dresses to cosmetics of all sorts to clothing items and advertising, so much pink to signal female. Why then associate pink with gay? Just because the gay men in the Nazi concentration camps had to wear pink triangles? It's because girly and gay is basically the same to you. Feminine is inferior and bad and masculine is good. Real men don't touch anything pink unless it's a woman. Real men aren't gay. Pink is gay and stupid and social something. That's what you're writing but what you're actually saying is that you don't like effeminate men because you're very insecure about your own masculinity and your own femininity.

It's so telling when you dislike pink because you think it's gay. The massive number of pink products from dolls and princess dresses to cosmetics of all sorts to clothing items and advertising, so much pink to signal female. Why then associate pink with gay? Just because the gay men in the Nazi concentration camps had to wear pink triangles? It's because girly and gay is basically the same to you. Feminine is inferior and bad and masculine is good. Real men don't touch anything pink unless it's a woman. Real men aren't gay. Pink is gay and stupid and social something. That's what you're writing but what you're actually saying is that you don't like effeminate men because you're very insecure about your own masculinity and your own femininity.

Nope.

Not gonna happen. This thread will not derail into a discussion about gays, lgbt rights, nazis or anything alike.

If that is where a simple discussion about the color pink leads to, then let's stop it.

The "Pink Isle Pirates" were just a joke. It was meant as a lighthearted way of fooling around and have a bit of fun.

So back on topic with the Black Isle Bastards.

Everything else will be treated as off-topic and further posts that try to derail this thread into a discussion about lgbt rights, nazis etc will

be reported to the mods.

And discussing this very post of mine in this thread is also off-topic here.

If you'd like to tell me something that doesn't deal with the opening post of this thread, then message me in private!

Edited by Fluffle
  • Like 9

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

So meanwhile, Fluffle you never really mentioned how much involvement you had with the island or if you were able to put in many ideas for it.  Obviously no spoilers, but did you get as much as you hoped for?

• Like 3

So meanwhile, Fluffle you never really mentioned how much involvement you had with the island or if you were able to put in many ideas for it.  Obviously no spoilers, but did you get as much as you hoped for?

The island. The island...? Oh right, there was an island! :p

I have had no involvement at all in the development of the Black Isle. The last time I heard about it when Aarik made this post:

grbHRno.png

I do not know anything about the island except for what is in that post. They were going to give us an island for free but with the downside that it was going to be a small one and that they had full control over designing it.

But there were open to suggestions... They were open to suggestions?

*gasp* THEY WERE OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS!!!!

Omg why didn't we suggest anything? :wowey:

To be honest back then when our campaign was running I was focusing on the Black Isle Bastards alone. Yes, we could have made a new thread with suggestions and discussions about the actual Black Isle.

But our own campaign relies on the idea that we trust Obsidian to fill in the finer details of our pirate group. So while we could have handed in suggestions, we didn't have to. I trust that Obsidian knows how to make an awesome, intriguing, interesting Black Isle.

What makes me a bit nervous though is, that since then, I have not heard anything at all from the Black Isle.

So an official confirmation that there is going to be one would calm my nerves ;)

• Like 2

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

Well to help allay your fears I spoke to some people about something *cough*, and mostly what I found was they just wanted to hear general ideas and keep the super specific stuff as minimal as possible.  The idea being twofold 1: there was only so much time and money at play and 2: the more generic they kept it while being true to *coughideascough* the easier it would be to fit in the actual game and tie to other aspects of it.

Also I have not heard anything about these conversations in months, but I am not worried.

Edited by Karkarov
  • Like 2

Well to help allay your fears I spoke to some people about something *cough*, and mostly what I found was they just wanted to hear general ideas and keep the super specific stuff as minimal as possible.  The idea being twofold 1: there was only so much time and money at play and 2: the more generic they kept it while being true to *coughideascough* the easier it would be to fit in the actual game and tie to other aspects of it.

Also I have not heard anything about these conversations in months, but I am not worried.

Could you be a bit more vague please? :p

Anyway, you said it yourself, it's been months since those conversations. :unsure:

Still your post does reassure me but I'd welcome an official confirmation. No details, just that the Black Isle is in the game.

That's why I have asked Aarik about it on Discord today. He hasn't answered yet.

Also, here, have some coughing drops. Should help with your coughing. You're welcome :)

qM3VxN8.png

• Like 3

Else we're going to be the Imaginary Isle Bastards.

I tried to come up with a squaring to get a real (though negative) isle joke but came up short.

You mean something like "Imaginary Island Illegiti-Mates"? ;)

• Like 3

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Else we're going to be the Imaginary Isle Bastards.

I tried to come up with a squaring to get a real (though negative) isle joke but came up short.
You mean something like "Imaginary Island Illegiti-Mates"? ;)

Something more like "let's hope they're a bunch of squares do that they're real" but yours is equally terrible :lol:

• Like 1

How about a new third question on the poll:

"Are you aware that voting here will achieve nothing since the campaign ended a very long time ago?"

• Like 3

Woah forum bug,

when you look under "view" you see all those who voted on the previous question about the Pink Isle Pirates.

There are only 2 votes on "melee weapon" (under the new third question) but a lot more names.