DONATIONS CLOSED - Brace yourselves, the Black isle Bastards are coming!

Let's create an item for the Black Isle Bastards! What kind of item should it be?  

206 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of unique equipment for the Black Isle Bastards should we fund with the "Create an item" tier?

2. 2. Should the special piece of equipment (completely or partly) be made of obsidian (if applicable)?

3. 3. Are you aware that voting here will achieve nothing since this campaign ended a very long time ago?

I think it's possible to remove the poll from this thread.

But I can see that you guys are quite a bit enjoying yourselves ;)

• Like 2

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

Hoist the colors lads! What say we give those cup-shot devils a proper Black Island Bastards salute!

OMaY7Ji.gif

Is that the BiB Flag in game? It looks even better than I hoped. :)

• Like 1

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

Guys, I was wondering if you had an idea about the black shapes above the actual island on the flag. What are those?

I have no idea. Those shapes are too odd to be clouds. Do you have an idea?

I feel a bit stupid asking. Maybe it's something really obvious and I'm just being a little bit dumb... ^^

MdgpA2j.png

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

Guys, I was wondering if you had an idea about the black shapes above the actual island on the flag. What are those?

Hey, I think I found just the right wizard to answer your question!  ;)

Edited by Ethics Gradient
  • Like 2

Hmm, so I have an idea of some kind....

Start at this logo which you all hopefully recognize :p

oTyIb1j.jpg

then invert the colors

AYlEmNe.jpg

then make the island black again

i7zDkNW.jpg

now compare it to this

KvA4VG5.gif

I would say there is a certain "uncanny" resemblance. However the black shapes above the island don't really look like lightning, do they? Are they supposed to? What are they?

Edit: Okay I was :ninja: 'd by Ethics Gradient ^^

Edited by Fluffle
  • Like 1

Too late for suggestions^^

However, I'll let you know that I did hand it that graphic (among others) as inspiration ;)

As long as there is active voting I can make suggestions! *activating super-self-entitlement power*

Oh thank you, very kind. But I guess they giggled while they put it into the office shredder. ;)

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Where were all those people when the campaign was still running? :huh:

• Like 1

I feel a bit stupid asking. Maybe it's something really obvious and I'm just being a little bit dumb... ^^

MdgpA2j.png

Look like pirates to me...or dinosaurs...or flamingos

I for one had no money left after backing PoE2 at  the deluxe edition - but since everyone is enjoying the voting fun still, I may as well join in ;)

Edit: There - I voted for a cloak made entirely of obsidian (...don't judge me) - I fully expect Obsidian to monitor this poll and constantly change the item via patches as the poll fluctuates :p LOL

Edited by Silent Winter
  • Like 2

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Flamingoes, definitely flamingoes.

Wouldn't that make the Black Isle pink?

The Pink Isle...

The Pink Isle Pirates!

Hey, I would fit right in with the pink flamingos!

Edited by Fluffle

I was super late with everything (validating my pledge, for example :- ), because I actually didn't want to follow Deadfire's development and go into the release completely unspoiled and unprejudiced... also I had forgotten my login data. ^^

Well, now here I am deep into multiple character builds in the backer beta, and I missed my opportunity to get that shiny B.I.B. badge ;(

Can you add a new poll so we can vote on whether to change the name.

Done! Have fun! Everyone has a new question to vote on! :w00t:

Melee weapon, No & No.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...