DONATIONS CLOSED - Brace yourselves, the Black isle Bastards are coming!

Let's create an item for the Black Isle Bastards! What kind of item should it be?  

206 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of unique equipment for the Black Isle Bastards should we fund with the "Create an item" tier?

2. 2. Should the special piece of equipment (completely or partly) be made of obsidian (if applicable)?

3. 3. Are you aware that voting here will achieve nothing since this campaign ended a very long time ago?

Sent mine, thanks again for doing this Fluffle, you magnificent bastard you!

• Like 1

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Alrighty everyone,

thank you for your praise :blush:

1.) When I mentioned troubles with gmail that referred to sending out mass emails only. So you should send your submissions to the gmail address. But if you sent it to the other address then there's no need to resend it again because I forwarded it. It was a bit chaotic of course. So I have sent everyone a confirmation email from the gmail address.

So if you read this and you still have not received your confirmation email, then please leave me a message here on the forum.

2.) Remember the deadline is in TWO DAYS ONLY

And please remember the rules for the submission ;) They are on the second post of this thread!

• Like 3

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

Hooray mighty Monsignieur Flufflé! 

I finally send my submission just a second ago. :dancing:

Hope you can sort it out with the different mail address (same domain though). Sorry for the inconvenience! :(

• Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

What about the item by the way? Any decision?

Well I said that our first choice was a melee weapon made out of Obsidian. I also said that if there were already many (i.e. too many) "special" melee weapons that we would then also be fine with an obsidian amulet or an obsidian ring or even a pirate hat.

Notice though, in the survey I had to choose the type of the item and there were only 4 options!

Those were: "Amulet", "Ring", "Shield", "Weapon"

Of course I didn't know that when making this poll. On the other hand I would imagine that Obsidian would be open to designing a different item other than from those categories.

Then I said that speaking of the capabilities of the item, the properties of obsidian should be taken into account.

Obsidian blades are the sharpest in our world and it would be nice that that could be reflected somehow as a capability of the weapon.

In the end Obsidian chooses the finer details such as a name for the item, its history, etc etc.

But I made it clear that is had to be linked to our pirate group.

Edited by Fluffle
  • Like 4

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

Did anyone group up for the full 160 character count?

Nope, there haven't been any groups yet.

In the end Obsidian chooses the finer details such as a name for the item, its history, etc etc.

But I made it clear that is had to be linked to our pirate group.

Sweet! :)

• Like 2

Got my submission in as well, please let me know that you've received it Fluffle.

If you don't get 50+ entries can those of us having fun with it get another 80 chars to either add to our first entry or do another one? I'd like that.

Cheers,

Got my submission in as well, please let me know that you've received it Fluffle.

If you don't get 50+ entries can those of us having fun with it get another 80 chars to either add to our first entry or do another one? I'd like that.

Cheers,

What I will do is this: The deadline will be postponed to next Monday 11:59 PM (GMT +2).

I sent a reminder mail to everyone (sorry, yes to EVERYONE, because that's easier for me than to single out those who haven't sent a submission yet, please don't mind the spam if you have already submitted ;) ) and I also officially opened this to backer who donated less than 10$.

On the other hand, I would really dislike to allow more than one entry to a single backer, or more than 80 characters.

The 80 characters and the 50 entries are upper bounds. Remember this offer was voluntary by Obsidian. It was a nice gesture. It is not included in any tier of the FIG campaign.

So doing this will cost them additional resources. Not to mentioned that it also costs time and effort for me ;)

So if we stay below those upper bounds I see that as a polite way of causing less work to Obsidian than necessary :p

I hope you understand :)

• Like 3

I already sent my submission to BlackIsleBastards@gmail. Didn't receive an answer so far. My email adress got Lord_Mord in it. Did you receive something?

I have sent out yet another email (Geez, sorry for the spam to those to who the content does not apply ;) )

If you send a submission you WILL get a confirmation email. If you have NOT received a confirmation email yet, then contact me per PM on this forum or send your submission to my web.de address.

In your case, Lord_Mord, no I actually have NOT received your submission.

Cheers,

What I will do is this: The deadline will be postponed to next Monday 11:59 PM (GMT +2).

I sent a reminder mail to everyone (sorry, yes to EVERYONE, because that's easier for me than to single out those who haven't sent a submission yet, please don't mind the spam if you have already submitted ;) ) and I also officially opened this to backer who donated less than 10$.

On the other hand, I would really dislike to allow more than one entry to a single backer, or more than 80 characters.

The 80 characters and the 50 entries are upper bounds. Remember this offer was voluntary by Obsidian. It was a nice gesture. It is not included in any tier of the FIG campaign.

So doing this will cost them additional resources. Not to mentioned that it also costs time and effort for me ;)

So if we stay below those upper bounds I see that as a polite way of causing less work to Obsidian than necessary :p

Hey Fluffle! I mentioned this on my email to you, but my entry was 91 characters with spaces included (76 without). By your confirmation it seemed to be okay, but just for clarification, should I try to reduce it some more if possible?

Edited by algroth

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

And if you sent a message but think you didn't receive a confirmation mail, check the spam folder. :p

Therefore I have sailed the seas and come

To the holy city of Byzantium. -W.B. Yeats

Χριστός ἀνέστη!

Cheers,

Hey Fluffle! I mentioned this on my email to you, but my entry was 91 characters with spaces included (76 without). By your confirmation it seemed to be okay, but just for clarification, should I try to reduce it some more if possible?

Good question. I actually assumed we had to include any and all spaces in our character count. Could you please illuminate this point further, Fluffle?

Good question. I actually assumed we had to include any and all spaces in our character count. Could you please illuminate this point further, Fluffle?

Purely speculating but I imagine Obsidian will edit any submission to either fit the 80 character limit or just to look better~ fit better (so we don't get any non-lore friendly/immersion breaking entries). Two words can mean the same thing, but there might be a shorter word that explains the same thing or even phrases something better. That sort of editing I imagine.

Edited by Osvir
  • Like 1

No problem with that. Since English is not my mother tongue I expect them to improve my submission anyway. ;)

Also, one can assume that the ledger is used and filled by the same pirate. Some kind of former scribe or so. So all entries should have the same "style", vibe or color of language (however you call it). At least that's what I think is plausible.

So maybe some entries will get altered just because of that.

Makes sense, but could also be entries made by different members logging their... acquisitions? Sort of, well, work orders. Each member, when thet arrive at the ship, walks past the ledger to fill out their latest progress or so.

Hi everyone,

just informing you that I have been sick. I'm on my way to recovery but still feeling a bit weak (I was having an ear infection, very painful btw =_=) .

That's why I have not yet sent in your submissions, but I will do so this coming weekend.

So it's closed and there is no way to make a donation?

Yes the donation campaign for the Black Isle Bastards is over, thank you for your interest :)

I do not know if the backer portal is still open, if it is you could still make a donation to Obsidian. But as I said, this campaign here, is closed.