DONATIONS CLOSED - Brace yourselves, the Black isle Bastards are coming!

Let's create an item for the Black Isle Bastards! What kind of item should it be?  

206 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of unique equipment for the Black Isle Bastards should we fund with the "Create an item" tier?

2. 2. Should the special piece of equipment (completely or partly) be made of obsidian (if applicable)?

3. 3. Are you aware that voting here will achieve nothing since this campaign ended a very long time ago?

Found these three on the naming generator (Beginning, Middle, End):

Kar Tha Kurak

Cutting it up a little bit we get... ta-da!

Katharak

Dunno if that actually follows any of the actual naming rules~ just playing around.

That's pretty darn close... closest I can find for Osvir is Osrin, but... eeeeh... will probably come up with a better one.

Edited by Osvir

This is a prototype, but I wanted to make sure that this is the basic format I should be using. Should I include "name" and "loot"? And do those count against my character limit?

"Name: Katharak

Loot: Twenty-one pistols. Got Palan in the face. Good loot. Hated Palan anyway."

• Like 2

This is a prototype, but I wanted to make sure that this is the basic format I should be using. Should I include "name" and "loot"? And do those count against my character limit?

"Name: Katharak

Loot: Twenty-one pistols. Got Palan in the face. Good loot. Hated Palan anyway."

Everything between the " ... " counts.

You make up the entire message in the records. It's your decision to include the words "name" and "loot".

But just leaving them out with no alternative would make your message sound strange.

But there are other ways to formulate your message of course.

Edited by Fluffle
  • Like 1

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

@Fluffle: I can't send stuff from my paypal-address. It's just an alias that leads to my "real" email address. How do we want to solve that?

Of course the email I would send you would be originated from the the same domain... since I have my own and it's my family name. ;) So that might not be too hard to figure out.

What do you say? :brows: 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

@Fluffle: I can't send stuff from my paypal-address. It's just an alias that leads to my "real" email address. How do we want to solve that?

Of course the email I would send you would be originated from the the same domain... since I have my own and it's my family name. ;) So that might not be too hard to figure out.

What do you say? :brows:

I see. It's fine. Send me an email where the domain is your family name. That'll be fine :)

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

So today I sent an email to all our great backers! I couldn't use my gmail address, so don't be surprised. But the title reads "Black Isle Bastards Ingame Recognition".

I will not use gmail again for a campaign for such as this. Gave me quite a headache...

Anyway I hope as many backers of us as possible read the email and participate.

Well, I donated but didn't donate $10. Can I still send in a submission in case there's any room by the set date?

This is tricky. Because we set the $10 bar for two reasons, not just one.

First the $10 bar would help to reduce the numbers of backers eligible for this. So that we would get to 50 or below entries.

But more importantly we wanted to prevent that people would only donate a very small amount just to be recognized ingame.

Though I'd guess some people would do that even for $10 ;)

On the other hand, the campaign is over now. There are 55 backers eligible for backer recognition, and 11 people who donated less than 10$.

I would say, yes, send in your submission, but no promises. There aren't any promises anyway ;)

I will say it again, Obsidian is free to alter or completely reject submissions for this.

So today I sent an email to all our great backers! I couldn't use my gmail address, so don't be surprised. But the title reads "Black Isle Bastards Ingame Recognition".

I will not use gmail again for a campaign for such as this. Gave me quite a headache...

Anyway I hope as many backers of us as possible read the email and participate.

Well, I donated but didn't donate $10. Can I still send in a submission in case there's any room by the set date?

This is tricky. Because we set the $10 bar for two reasons, not just one.

First the $10 bar would help to reduce the numbers of backers eligible for this. So that we would get to 50 or below entries.

But more importantly we wanted to prevent that people would only donate a very small amount just to be recognized ingame.

Though I'd guess some people would do that even for $10 ;)

On the other hand, the campaign is over now. There are 55 backers eligible for backer recognition, and 11 people who donated less than 10$.

I would say, yes, send in your submission, but no promises. There aren't any promises anyway ;)

I will say it again, Obsidian is free to alter or completely reject submissions for this.

Oh, sure! Take me just as part of the backup. :D

Edited by algroth
  • Like 1

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

Thanks for all your hard work Fluffle! :thumbsup: I just read the e-mail, and I'm now working on my submission to the ingame backer recognition!

I'm a bit curious about the potential badge upgrade. I'm quite close to the $500 mark for the gold badge (pledged $467), and I believe I donated $100ish to the Bastard campaign. How would we go on about crediting my Bastard pledge to my PoE 2 pledge?

Edited by Matched
  • Like 1

Thanks for all your hard work Fluffle! :thumbsup: I just read the e-mail, and I'm now working on my submission to the ingame backer recognition!

I'm a bit curious about the potential badge upgrade. I'm quite close to the $500 mark for the gold badge (pledged $467), and I believe I donated $100ish to the Bastard campaign. How would we go on about crediting my Bastard pledge to my PoE 2 pledge?

This will be handled individually with no strict, official "protocol". So let's take this to PM. @Everyone else who's interested in this, send me a PM.

• Like 2

This will be handled individually with no strict, official "protocol". So let's take this to PM. @Everyone else who's interested in this, send me a PM.

Certainly. I'll PM you. Thanks for the quick reply.

• Like 1

Sent mine as well.

Fluffle, you plan on replying with a confirmation e-mail?

Submitted. Forgot to ask but, space also counts as a character right? (80 character limit)

It usually does, just unsure.

I always considered space to be a character.

Edited by Messier-31
  • Like 1

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Once again, thx for everything, Fluffle! :)

I submitted my entry via the email you'd sent out. Thus, I skipped the gmail-adress you listed in your how-to-post, as you later mentioned that gmail had been a mess.

I really hope that's all fine and dandy.

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

• 2 weeks later...