DONATIONS CLOSED - Brace yourselves, the Black isle Bastards are coming!

Let's create an item for the Black Isle Bastards! What kind of item should it be?  

206 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of unique equipment for the Black Isle Bastards should we fund with the "Create an item" tier?

2. 2. Should the special piece of equipment (completely or partly) be made of obsidian (if applicable)?

3. 3. Are you aware that voting here will achieve nothing since this campaign ended a very long time ago?

That' easy math, you guys.

below $99 you get bronze

below $500 you get silver (guessed by me)

$500 or higher gives you the gold badge

My Fig: $80

My BIB: $21

My total: $101

That would mean an upgrade from bronze to silver in my case.

You're a perfect example of what Fluffle is afraid if, I think. That is, if his keeping the badge means that our donations can't count towards upgrading the forum badges, then you and people in that position get screwed out of a badge.

I would never let it come to that ;)

If people are only allowed to upgrade their Deadfire Backer Badge if I abstain from the watcher badge, then I would give it up of course.

For two reasons:

1.) I promised you beforehand that you would be able to upgrade your Deadfire Backer Badge if you were eligible for that.

2.) I got the watcher badge for our money, not just mine. In that way it is not even mine.

But let's not argue about that. I will ask Aarik about it.

Let's concentrate on the important stuff! That is our pirate group, the pirate ship, our item and the island.

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

Oh, that would lift me over to gold badge. Well, I don't give a shart about badges (besides the BIB badge), so all is cool with me! ;) Edit: Oh no, wait, I'm 4 $ short. Hahaha - nice one. ;)

The PoE2 Watcher batch looks nice an clean. Keep it, Future Capt'n Fluffle!  :thumbsup:  

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Damn I thought I might be the second largest donator. :shrugz:

Fluffle, you had to pay $5000 to get the original Pillars of Eternity Watcher badge. I guess it is the same for Deadfire. I hope you can keep it. It is well deserved.

I feel uncomfortable to disclose concrete numbers here.

I would disclose my own amount to other donators, but in PM only, not here in public.

If you are the donator who I think you are (in my paypal list) then my amount is almost twice yours. That should give you an idea ;)

Nevertheless your contribution has been very, very generous. Thank you very much :)

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

Oh, that would lift me over to gold badge. Well, I don't give a shart about badges (besides the BIB badge), so all is cool with me! ;) Edit: Oh no, wait, I'm 4 $ short. Hahaha - nice one. ;)

The PoE2 Watcher batch looks nice an clean. Keep it, Future Capt'n Fluffle!  :thumbsup:  

You could still buy an add-on as slacker backer! DO IT! :p

You know you want the gold badge!

• Like 2

You're a perfect example of what Fluffle is afraid if, I think. That is, if his keeping the badge means that our donations can't count towards upgrading the forum badges, then you and people in that position get screwed out of a badge.

This is one of the times where being piss-poor means I don't have to care.

Let's be reasonable, how much time do you believe Obsidian would have to work everybody's donations out, and how much time is that away from the game? Considering that you're probably not the only one in the "predicament".

I had to re-read some of this discussion, I think there might be a misunderstanding there, so let me elaborate:

I couldn't care less for badges. Some time earlier Fluffle asked me to get the BIB badge and there I stated point by point what these badges are for me (in fact I think less is better). The reason I posted that I *would* get a bronze/silver upgrade was only to show you guys an example what Fluffle was talking about (hence the word "would" used in the sentence). And my later post about "nowhere did I say he shouldn't keep the badge".

And in fact I think he should, because why not?

Edited by Messier-31

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

You could still buy an add-on as slacker backer! DO IT! :p

You know you want the gold badge!

Ok, I looked it up again just to be sure - and actually with BIB and Fig combined I would be exactly at gold badge tier. I forgot about a change I made to my pledge. And I also screwed up with the mental math...  :facepalm: 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Makes no difference to me... though while we are on the subject of badges, how did some folks get the green kickstarter badge all the way back for POE?

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

Makes no difference to me... though while we are on the subject of badges, how did some folks get the green kickstarter badge all the way back for POE?

Huh, the green K is also a link, who knew? The K was awarded for backers that donated during the Kickstarter event (IE: No "slacker backers")

• Like 1

Huh, the green K is also a link, who knew? The K was awarded for backers that donated during the Kickstarter event (IE: No "slacker backers")

Cool thanks. Not sure why I never got one! Oh well, doesn't look that good anyway!

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

Ack! I know! Item!!

"The Bastard's Badge"

Variations:

A) A Shield

B) A Pin (trinket, if non-class specific is possible)

C) An Amulet (shield/badge shaped)

D) A Rapier (because the hilt guard is shield-y)

Why "Shield" themed? Google "Badge" and look at images.

Edited by Osvir
  • Like 1

In terms of power, I think a Bastards' Bouncer would be better. Or the Bastards' Honey Badger of course. Because nasty Honey Badger don't care. ;)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 3

It's inclusive, everyone win from this. Hopfully it'll have helped out reach the 4.75.

• Like 2

« Celui qui est consumé par la flamme de la justice ne craint ni le ciel, ni l’enfer ; il n’est qu’une arme attendant le jour de sa mort ». (Paul Murphy, l'Enclave, 1971)

Hello friends! The created item will be available for all players in PoE II? Or just for Black Isle Bastards Badge owners only?

All.

It's inclusive, everyone win from this. Hopfully it'll have helped out reach the 4.75.

It certainly does count for the stretch goal.

But yeah the important point is that our campaign has been very inclusive and open from the very beginning.

It's one point I'd like to elaborate a bit on. When we started this campaign, there were a few, hidden, not-so-nice innuendos that we were some rich, spoiled people, playing with our money, excluding others who couldn't afford it.

And that basically we just wanted this campaign to show off our wealth to people with less money because we had nothing better to do with our time.

Those were very subtle innuendos, but I want to make clear that I did understand them and their meaning.

And I will not forget them. Some people did try to paint a rather very bad picture about us.

And that is why at this point I am all the way more proud of what we have achieved. Because this entire campaign we have been very inclusive. We have not excluded anyone from our campaign. Everyone was free to input their ideas and opinions and their vote on our polls - independently from whether they had donated or not. And in the end everyone will profit from our contribution to the game.

This campaign was open and inclusive and it was based on voluntary participation. It was there for the entire community.

And some people could afford to spend A FORTUNE on it, and some people could afford to only spend $5 on it and they did.

I am proud of our campaign. I am very happy and thankful for all of your contributions. But I will also not forget the people who made those ugly yet subtle innuendos about us mentioned above.

• Like 4

It's one point I'd like to elaborate a bit on. When we started this campaign, there were a few, hidden, not-so-nice innuendos that we were some rich, spoiled people, playing with our money, excluding others who couldn't afford it.

And that basically we just wanted this campaign to show off our wealth to people with less money because we had nothing better to do with our time.

Yeah, and those innuendos were patently ****ing ridiculous. I'm near the *bottom* of the socio-economic ladder; I had to work my ass up from living under a bridge five years ago. I'm *definitely* a member of the BIB, badge or not, and I *definitely* contributed what I could to this campaign, and I don't feel the list bit like this is any money-club.

• Like 7

Yeah, and those innuendos were patently ****ing ridiculous. I'm near the *bottom* of the socio-economic ladder; I had to work my ass up from living under a bridge five years ago. I'm *definitely* a member of the BIB, badge or not, and I *definitely* contributed what I could to this campaign, and I don't feel the list bit like this is any money-club.

I've been catching bits and pieces of your life throughout these threads and it seems to me that you've been through some tough """". You hang in there buddy and know that I (for myself and I'm positive there are many more) appreciate your feedback and support.

• Like 5

I remember honey badgers from Wasteland 2, nasty creatures!

Actually, Obsidian has quite the history with nasty badgers too. I fondly recall a certain epic badger in Mask of the Betrayer.

I'd be down for any item that summons a badger. :)

• Like 2

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Keep in mind the restrictions. Any item that can summon something has the natural restriction that this "something" has to have been implemented in the game already.

So to say, let's imagine we wanted an obsidian figurine that could summon a badger. Obsidian would probably only do that if badgers were already part of the game.

I'm pretty sure they would not design a new animal just for us. The same would probably apply to any item with any other spell effect. That spell effect would have to have been implemented already.

On the matter of badgers themselves: they're awesome, I like them, but I must also say I like beavers even more.

But beavers are almost always neglected in RPGs :(

• Like 1