DONATIONS CLOSED - Brace yourselves, the Black isle Bastards are coming!

Let's create an item for the Black Isle Bastards! What kind of item should it be?  

206 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of unique equipment for the Black Isle Bastards should we fund with the "Create an item" tier?

2. 2. Should the special piece of equipment (completely or partly) be made of obsidian (if applicable)?

3. 3. Are you aware that voting here will achieve nothing since this campaign ended a very long time ago?

What about a nice beard

Fixed it (I'm also very tired xD)

​"Wtf beard?" *re-reads* "Oh..."

​The obsidian gem/ring/amulet/insignia thing sounds cool imo.

​Also, what if the item could be a morphing item? Forge it at the Black Isle, decide whether it's going to be a Sword, Axe, Dagger, Poleaxe, etc. or etch it into a ring, or amulet, etc.

​Someone mentioned lightsaber, and I started thinking now "What if it's a ring, and it's capable of manifesting a light, an illusion of a weapon". A Lightaxe, Lightsword, Lightdagger etc. the Player would get to decide which form it takes (to accomodate most playstyles). Maybe it could even have a Per Rest ability "Summon" or "Conjure", and either it takes up the characters weapon slot when summoned/conjured, or simply floating/hovering (Dancing Blades~).

Extremely complicated, although *very* cool.

I'm pretty hyped for the Black Isle Bastards and their Obsidian weapon.

• Like 1

It is human nature to seek culpability in a time of tragedy. It is a sign of strength to cry out against fate, rather than to bow one’s head and succumb. Inevitably many will fault the hands upon the sword which felled Typhon, the Ordo Malleus. But the Inquisition merely performs the duty of its office. To further fear them is redundant; to hate them, heretical. Those more sensible will place responsibility with those who forced the hands of the Inquisition. With some fortune, they may foster this hatred into purpose, and further rule their own fate by coming to the Emperor’s service.

Yet ultimately, it was I who set these events into motion, with a single blow from my hammer, God Splitter.

-Gabriel Angelos, of the Blood Ravens 4th Company

$5846.06 - $5000 for pirate party - $25 for shipping = $821.06

$821.06 - $750 for create an item - $25 for shipping = $46.06

Which was stupid on my part because I think I could have put those two pledges in one order and pay the shipping costs only once. I apologize for that. And I will reimburse you of course.

Somehow I wanted to have two separate orders, which I got now, but I didn't realize that that would cost the shipping costs twice. Don't worry I will donate new $25 to us to make up for my mistake.

Which would then leave us at: $46.06 + $25 = $71.06

From which I will buy some additional game copies and put them in a lottery. One additional digital copy of the game costs $30. So we can afford two of them. What do we do with the remaining $11.06?

Edit: Actually I am not sure if I could have really put those two pledges in one order and pay shipping costs only once. I actually have my doubts now that that would have been possible. But anyway since I'm not sure I'll donate those $25.

Edited by Fluffle

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

Fluffle take the postage from the extra 71$. Which only leaves 20$ or so. No idea what you can get for 20 bucks. You really shouldn't have to fork out for postage.

Edit: My maths sucks - it's actually only 25$. So it should leave 45$ or so. Buy an xtra digital copy and put it into a lottery. That leaves 15 bucks.

Edited by rheingold
  • Like 2

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

Are you still planning on giving the rewards to the highest donator? Or, I guess second-highest since the highest was all super anonymous and whatnot?

I'm jealous of that mousepad lol

Yes, the highest donator will get the additional rewards from the "build a pirate party" tier. As soon as I will have received them I will forward the rewards to that donator.

The additional rewards from the "create an item" tier will go to the second highest donator, which is me ;)

The highest donator is only anonymous to you :p Not to me ;)

But I can tell you what he told me: he or she is not Feargus Urquhart.

• Like 2

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

OH MY GOD! What is that badge!??

<------

What the....? :o

There is a watcher badge? I have become a watcher?

I didn't even know there was such a badge...

• Like 1

I've seen that badge before! What is that badge fore and how do you get it? It's the coolest looking badge!

I think you get that badge for a VERY HIGH amount of donation.

Since I donated our money a few hours ago to Obsidian the system recognizes me as one of those donators. I don't think the system knows that we collected the money together, how should it?

So I guess I got that badge for donating our money.

You probably get it for donating a few thousand dollars, but I don't know how much exactly.

I really like it and I hope it would be okay if I could keep it even though it was our money, not just mine.

• Like 1

You did *all* the work.

You came up with the idea, pitched it, took all the responsibility for getting it done, did all the formatting, took care of all the paperwork, ran the paypal, hounded mother****ers back and forth across the Internet for weeks. You did the talks with Obsidian, you pushed everybody to keep trying when I personally really though this was gonna fail out. You talked a broke-ass mother****er in a trailer park into donating ten bucks to a campaign that *could* have went towards weed, do you know how hard that is to do?!

You *earned* that badge.

• Like 3

But Fluffle, I thought this was your plan all along.

silvestre-0101.jpg

PS. Certain someone once told me that this is the badge you get for lots of cash.

Edited by Messier-31
  • Like 2

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Very cool badge - but it should be considering it's cost! :)

• Like 1

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

Haha, thank you guys.

I would consider the badge a reward for my work, yes. However the badges are given for money and not for any kind of voluntary work.

So I will ask Aarik just to be sure.

Also keep in mind that I promised you that you could upgrade your own Deadfire Backer Badge according to your donation to the BIB. This would have to be done manually by Aarik.

And in that case we would get more high level badges than we actually earned. Because my badge is now all your possible upgrades of the Deadfire Backer Badge combined.

This is why I am going to ask Aarik if he's okay with it. I still want you to be able to upgrade your own badges, even though at the moment your contributions

count towards my watcher badge.

Edited by Fluffle

Pfft. So my 30 dollar tier could go all the way up to 40!

I'm missing out!

You may have misunderstood.

You would be only able to upgrade your Deadfire Backer Badge by the amount of your donation to the Black Isle Bastards.

You cannot in any case upgrade your own private tier from the Fig campaign by the amount of your donation here.

That has never been possible and it was never intended to be.

Edit: Oh or were you talking about those $11 dollars that are left over?

Edited by Fluffle

Pfft. So my 30 dollar tier could go all the way up to 40!

I'm missing out!

You may have misunderstood.

You would be only able to upgrade your Deadfire Backer Badge by the amount of your donation to the Black Isle Bastards.

You cannot in any case upgrade your own private tier from the Fig campaign by the amount of your donation here.

That has never been possible.

Right, but my Deadfire Backer Badge only reflects money spent on the Fig campaign because that's all I spent money on other than this campaign. I didn't literally mean upgrading the tier itself. There actually isn't a 40 dollar tier, although there is a 45 one.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

The  Deadfire Backer Badge is divided in levels:

below $99 you get bronze

below $500 you get silver (guessed by me)

$500 or higher gives you the gold badge

And then somewhere in the thousands you get the watcher badge. I have no idea what the amount required for that one is.

In your case, you would not be able to upgrade your forum badge.

Your private donation to the Fig campaign and your donation here on the BIBs combined must reach the next level of the badge.

That's how it works. Then Aarik would manually assign the next level of the badge to you.

Edited by Fluffle

That' easy math, you guys.

below $99 you get bronze

My Fig: $80

My BIB: $21

My total: $101

That would mean an upgrade from bronze to silver in my case.

• Like 1

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

below $99 you get bronze

You're a perfect example of what Fluffle is afraid if, I think. That is, if his keeping the badge means that our donations can't count towards upgrading the forum badges, then you and people in that position get screwed out of a badge.

This is one of the times where being piss-poor means I don't have to care.

below $99 you get bronze

Let's be reasonable, how much time do you believe Obsidian would have to work everybody's donations out, and how much time is that away from the game? Considering that you're probably not the only one in the "predicament".

​Also, Fluffle deserves the "Obsidian Watcher" Badge, and I wouldn't want to take that away, heck, I'd even like to give Fluffle an "Obsidian Bastard Captain" Badge :p

​Perhaps this bit of logistical tidbit is something to consider for potential future Crowdfunders (take notes), and perhaps allow something like a built-in Micro-Funder within the Fund Campaign Pledge Site.

​In this case:

- Deadfire Funding (Main)

​- Inn/Pirates/Island Funding (All $ spent towards this later put into Deadfire Funding)

​This way you track each individual pledge, and can even have separate micro-stretch goals, and Obsidian can also easily say "We are going to design and develop this" from the get go, rather than giving the idea that "Funder is going to design and develop this":

​- Battle a Pirate Party $1250 (Adventuring party~ on land)

- Pirates get a Ship $2500 (Fight on the sea! Pirates become random encounter)

​- Pirates gets a Hideout $3750 (Pirates sometimes lay anchor and have a base)

​- Pirates gets a Purpose $5000 (Quest)" etc. etc.

​Literally "Vote with your wallets", put up 100 (just an example figure) different features as Micro-Funders, and what the Funders pledge towards goes into the game (developed by the developer!) *shrug*

​Sorry, went a bit off topic~

Edited by Osvir
  • Like 1