Question about my party

So to start I just picked up this game and have been mainly just testing out things to see what I like. So far my current party is (all custom characters)

Tank Paladin (main)

Fighter off tank

Melee chanter

2 ciphers one damage focused other more cc focused

And a druid (was going for caster but only level 3 right now so not many casts)

I'm looking for advice on how to improve this setup or maybe some things that people with more knowledge about the game may would suggest to do differently.

Also I'm only playing on hard just finished readric?

So to start I just picked up this game and have been mainly just testing out things to see what I like. So far my current party is (all custom characters)

Tank Paladin (main)

Fighter off tank

Melee chanter

2 ciphers one damage focused other more cc focused

And a druid (was going for caster but only level 3 right now so not many casts)

I'm looking for advice on how to improve this setup or maybe some things that people with more knowledge about the game may would suggest to do differently.

Also I'm only playing on hard just finished readric?

Make sure your Chanter's using a hatchet and shield with the white winds wept level 1 chant (the one that does raw damage in an AoE). Trying to make Chanters do decent melee damage just isn't worth you time – their main offensive strength comes from AoE Chants (like the Dragon thrashed) and Invocations so you can tank up pretty good and still do great damage. The Invocation White Worms Writhed is very powerful if you can stack corpses up and drag enemies towards them from other locations in the map (make sure gibbing is turned off in options and don't reload so the corpses reset). The level 2 AoE CC invocations are very strong as well. 

There's nothing wrong with having two ciphers but you you might benefit from replacing one of them with a Priest. Priests have some very powerful game changing buffs like devotions for the faithful, can provide immunities to afflictions (which will be your main source of wipes in the game) and can do very good damage in their own right at later levels. They fall down on Hard CC but your Druid and Cipher should be able to pump out enough of that for it to not be a problem.

Spiritshift on a Druid and its related talents can make Druids extremely powerful single target damage dealers temporarily. To optimise it at the minimum you'll want two weapon style, Wildstrike Shock, Greater Wildstrike Shock and Heart of the Storm. Druid's storm spells are superb so there's a nice synergy here.

Paladins' damage output will be a bit lacklustre until level 13 till you get Sacred Immolation, but you can boost it by using Flames of Devotion (With intense flames), Runners Wounding Shot, Prestidigators missiles, Envenomed Strike with big base damage weapons like Arquebuses, Pistols, Blunderbusses and Arbalests.

Also make sure you've enchanted all your weapons to have lashes on them. This is a massive source of extra damage.

Edited by Livegood118

Ok thank you I'll look into some of this after work.

I've actually thought about dropping the druid for a priest....

And even though I like 2 cipher's I was also wondering if maybe I should have a ranger or rogue for a damage instead of a cipher. Ive read on the forums a little as well and so far I'm loving this game reminds me of the old days playing iwd2