Politics 2017 part V

Amentep

hah dumbasses in EU thought you could win against czechs xD

https://www.praguepost.com/prague-news/weekly-review-pro-gun-protest-in-prague

so we decided that we accept EU gun regulations, sadly, we as well put right to bear arms into constitution. Well played guys, well played

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Spicer's comment was dumb and historically ignorant, but the reaction to it is way overblown, just another way to attack Trump. Clearly Spicer was referring to battlefield use of chemical weapons, and was trying to attack Assad, not defend hitler.

Clearly the person you want in a crisis: http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/328405-clinton-campaign-plagued-by-bickering

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Spicer's comment was dumb and historically ignorant, but the reaction to it is way overblown, just another way to attack Trump. Clearly Spicer was referring to battlefield use of chemical weapons, and was trying to attack Assad, not defend hitler.

Clearly the person you want in a crisis: http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/328405-clinton-campaign-plagued-by-bickering

But Nazis actually used chemical weapons on battlefield against Soviet Union (at least in Sevastopol (where they gassed city's defenders that had hidden in tunnels under city and in Kuban where they drop gas mountain range in order to kill soldiers fortified there). But mainly all sides avoided to use them in fear of that other side also starts to use them, although Japanese used them against Chinese, probably because there was no fear that Chinese would do counter attacks in Japan. But one thing where Spicer was right was that Nazis didn't use chemical weapons against their own citizens same way as Assad, meaning that they didn't bombarded their own cities with them they just gathered citizens in concentration camps where they gassed them. But I agree that Spicer tried to attack Assad, but he really picked bad way to go with it.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

That's the first I heard of use in the Soviet Union. Do you have a source?

Chris Bellamy, Absolute War: Soviet Russia in the Second World War (Knopf, 2008).

Israelyan, Victor. On the Battlefields of the Cold War: A Soviet Ambassador's Confession. p. 339.

Merridale, Catherine, Ivan's War, Faber & Faber: pp. 148-150.

Kuban thing is from Russian source 

• Like 1

It's those Spicer comments

Okay but to be fair we should put this in perspective, it was more his normal habit of misspeaking and displaying different degrees of ignorance and lack of empathy

He will be gone in 6 months, I guarantee it

Because their is an accusation the Trump presidency is anti-Semitic but his son in law is Jared Kushner who is a close confidant of Trump and is Jewish. And his daughter converted when she married Kushner. So I find that hard to believe. Im sure there are other people within the presidency are anti-Semitic but not Trump

How is it that it will take six months to remove this guy? How is it that we are okay with even the slightest chance of antisemites sitting in the White House staff?

On the bright side, Trump might lead the whole system into collapse. :p

Edited by Ben No.3

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

Denying the holocaust during a white house press conference on the day of a Jewish holiday is certainly an interesting new low.

Don't think it was denying, just a foot in mouth moment. Holocaust centres was sort of weird though, sounds like some bureaucrat's soulless term for it

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Sorry it wasn't obvious but I was being facetious. I'm generally annoyed when a group thinks they have a monopoly on suffering. Its been 72 years. Let it go.

How are they acting as if they have a monopoly, though? It is a significant thing to them so they spend their energy on remembering it. How do you want them to "let it go", as well?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Sorry it wasn't obvious but I was being facetious. I'm generally annoyed when a group thinks they have a monopoly on suffering. Its been 72 years. Let it go.

How are they acting as if they have a monopoly, though? It is a significant thing to them so they spend their energy on remembering it. How do you want them to "let it go", as well?

Besides, the holocaust has a very cruel and inhumane but also unique character to it: an industrialisation of genocide.

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

Trump is giving a painful speech about NATO. Apparently only now does NATO fight terrorism and is not obsolete, due to him.

Leaders these days are terrible orators. Harper was a soulless lizardman and Trudeau always speaks with a jerky flow.

Wheres the cutoff for whining? Did you know that my great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great grandpappy, Augustus Gvtedus XIVIIXIII! was fed to the lions in Rome for being a Christian? I tried to get reparations from the Italian government but they told me "così pisciare su un recinto elettrico".

Nah, I'm just kidding. I suppose I feel that once the event is over and the threat is removed, people should stop acting persecuted. :shrugz:

• Like 1

Wheres the cutoff for whining? Did you know that my great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great grandpappy, Augustus Gvtedus XIVIIXIII! was fed to the lions in Rome for being a Christian? I tried to get reparations from the Italian government but they told me "così pisciare su un recinto elettrico".

Nah, I'm just kidding. I suppose I feel that once the event is over and the threat is removed, people should stop acting persecuted. :shrugz:

Well, Italian government now has nothing much to do with Rome, I don't think they are the same ethnic group after the fall, etc. :p Not sure it is 'whining', in a genral sense, to take issue with someone denying, diminishing or making light of a tragedy that matters to you - especially one fairly recent and impactful like the Holocaust.

"Wheres the cutoff for whining? Did you know that my great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great grandpappy, Augustus Gvtedus XIVIIXIII! was fed to the lions in Rome for being a Christian?"

So? Your grandpappy was breaking Roman law.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Well, Italian government now has nothing much to do with Rome, I don't think they are the same ethnic group after the fall, etc. :p Not sure it is 'whining', in a genral sense, to take issue with someone denying, diminishing or making light of a tragedy that matters to you - especially one fairly recent and impactful like the Holocaust.

I am willing to concede that 72 years isn't that long. Out of morbid curiosity I googled "living holocaust survivors", and they cast a pretty wide net, but the number is ~100,000. They say the youngest would be ~71. Interesting!  

"Wheres the cutoff for whining? Did you know that my great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great grandpappy, Augustus Gvtedus XIVIIXIII! was fed to the lions in Rome for being a Christian?"

So? Your grandpappy was breaking Roman law.

Probably. He was a rascal, or so the family papyrus tell me.

Trump is giving a painful speech about NATO. Apparently only now does NATO fight terrorism and is not obsolete, due to him.

Leaders these days are terrible orators. Harper was a soulless lizardman and Trudeau always speaks with a jerky flow.

trump never quite shifted out of campaign mode.  he continues speaking to the less than 40% of american voters who actual approve o' him.  for every issue, trump needs a worldwide electoral college and a hillary clinton adversary for his shtick to resonate.

to be fair, we find most political orators to be... feculent.  blah. blah. blah.  folks spoke to us 'bout what a great speaker were reagan, and we never got it. 

is maybe a handful o' exceptions:

a foremost exception.

"Augustus Gvtedus XIVIIXIII"

for almost a full second, we attempted to figure out what obvious imaginary number the above might represent. a mashup o' 14, 2, 13 would be... an utter ridiculous waste of time we obvious indulged in and then bothered to comment 'pon in a post.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 4

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Man, I watched that whole video then looked her up

"who is your role-model?" doesn't come up in conversations often, but it happens.  our answer is "barbara jordan."  typical we get blank stares.  explanation often causes more confusion.  am considered libertarian/conservative in our social circle.  professionally we gets lumped in with the current textualists.  as such, am s'posing barbara jordan might seem like an odd choice.  

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Man, I watched that whole video then looked her up

"who is your role-model?" doesn't come up in conversations often, but it happens.  our answer is "barbara jordan."  typical we get blank stares.  explanation often causes more confusion.  am considered libertarian/conservative in our social circle.  professionally we gets lumped in with the current textualists.  as such, am s'posing barbara jordan might seem like an odd choice.  

HA! Good Fun!

Mine's Andrew Jackson, my group already knows i'm crazy.

• Like 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Mine is Peter Gibbons.

• Like 1

Spicer really does illustrate why comparisons to Hitler in just about anything are asinine at best. While some of the reactions are certainly outrage trolling you're setting yourself up for it just by making the comparison, and its use in itself is a form of outrage trolling as well. Self inflicted injury well deserved for being an idiot.

It's those Spicer comments

Okay but to be fair we should put this in perspective, it was more his normal habit of misspeaking and displaying different degrees of ignorance and lack of empathy

He will be gone in 6 months, I guarantee it

Because their is an accusation the Trump presidency is anti-Semitic but his son in law is Jared Kushner who is a close confidant of Trump and is Jewish. And his daughter converted when she married Kushner. So I find that hard to believe. Im sure there are other people within the presidency are anti-Semitic but not Trump

How is it that it will take six months to remove this guy? How is it that we are okay with even the slightest chance of antisemites sitting in the White House staff?

On the bright side, Trump might lead the whole system into collapse. :p

We cant say he is anti-Semitic, he may just be very ignorant and thoughtless

That's the point but either way he will be gone as he has made far too many controversial public comments when he tends to misspeak 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela