Politics 2017 part V

Amentep

And the Democrats have turned on the one Democrat left with anything resembling integrity: Tulsi Gabbard. The want here thrown out of Congress for opposing attacking Syria. This was the one Democrat I might have supported in a run for national office.

She always was about 50% libertarian.

Edit: forgot the link http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/10/prominent-democrats-call-for-anti-war-congresswoman-to-be-ousted-from-office/

She was also Bernie Sanders' biggest fellow Congressperson supporter.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Denying the holocaust during a white house press conference on the day of a Jewish holiday is certainly an interesting new low.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Germany is spending 47 billion dollars in their military, where Czech is spending only 2 billion dollars.

So Germany is spending over 23 times what Czech, even though they only have 8 times the population that Czech has. 

But any way Czech would need to increase their military spending with about 2 billion dollars to be in agreed 2% where Germany needs to increase their military spending with about 21 billion dollars, ten times what Czech is currently spending.

Germany is currently spending in their military about same amount money as Albania, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia and Slovenia spend together.

So it isn't like Germany don't invest in Europe's defense, especially when you take in consideration that they give financial aid for several above mentioned countries.

What part about 'its tied to GDP' you don't understand?

My post was just to put things in perspective for people who are saying that Germany don't contribute in for Nato and general defense for Europe. Because speaking about GDP percentages has bad habit to hide which countries actually pay for things and who are mostly freeloaders.

Well, if half of the companies employing people in Czech didn't payed their taxes in Germany maybe our GDP would be better

Amount of Czech's monthly exports to Germany is about 108 billion CZK (~4 billion euros) and its monthly imports from Germany is about 67 billion CZK (~2.5 billion euros), so annual trade surplus with Germany for Czech is about 40 billion CZK (1.5 billion euros).

So like Trump would say Czech is bad trade partner for Germany.

would be, if those companies trading were not hold by german owners. For example Skoda Auto is part of VW concern and it make up almost 20% of our GDP

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Denying the holocaust during a white house press conference on the day of a Jewish holiday is certainly an interesting new low.

Do you have the link for this? I only know about the latest Spicer comments, which he apologized for, and the fact no recognition was given to Holocaust victims from the White House during the Jewish holiday 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

It's those Spicer comments

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

It's those Spicer comments

Okay but to be fair we should put this in perspective,  it was more his normal habit of misspeaking and displaying different degrees of ignorance and lack of empathy

He will be gone in 6 months, I guarantee it 

Because their is an accusation the Trump presidency is anti-Semitic but his son in law  is  Jared Kushner who is a close confidant of Trump and is Jewish. And his daughter converted when she married Kushner. So I find that hard to believe. Im sure there are other people  within the presidency are anti-Semitic but not Trump 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Yeah, it wasn't really Holocaust denial...more like, pro-Hitler - or something amounting to a defense of him in comparison to Assad, at least, :p.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

Germany is spending 47 billion dollars in their military, where Czech is spending only 2 billion dollars.

So Germany is spending over 23 times what Czech, even though they only have 8 times the population that Czech has. 

But any way Czech would need to increase their military spending with about 2 billion dollars to be in agreed 2% where Germany needs to increase their military spending with about 21 billion dollars, ten times what Czech is currently spending.

Germany is currently spending in their military about same amount money as Albania, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia and Slovenia spend together.

So it isn't like Germany don't invest in Europe's defense, especially when you take in consideration that they give financial aid for several above mentioned countries.

My post was just to put things in perspective for people who are saying that Germany don't contribute in for Nato and general defense for Europe. Because speaking about GDP percentages has bad habit to hide which countries actually pay for things and who are mostly freeloaders.

Well, if half of the companies employing people in Czech didn't payed their taxes in Germany maybe our GDP would be better

Amount of Czech's monthly exports to Germany is about 108 billion CZK (~4 billion euros) and its monthly imports from Germany is about 67 billion CZK (~2.5 billion euros), so annual trade surplus with Germany for Czech is about 40 billion CZK (1.5 billion euros).

would be, if those companies trading were not hold by german owners. For example Skoda Auto is part of VW concern and it make up almost 20% of our GDP

Czech GDP is 189.982 billion dollars, Skoda Auto's revenue is 13.8 billion dollars (7.2% of Czech GDP), but it probably uses other services in Czech so much that it impact may rise close to that 20%. But Czech Auto's operative profit is 1.23 billion dollars before taxes. It also receives tax breaks and other comprehensive income so much that it total comprehensive income for the year is 1.4 billion dollars. It reports amount corporate taxes it pay to be 227 million dollars.

For Trump part it does not matter if its is German companies doing all the trade, as we can see from his comments about Mexico.

Sean Spicer Raises Outcry With Talk of Hitler, Assad and Poison Gas.

Typical race to see who can be more offended.

Mr. Spicer’s explanation drew gasps from reporters in the briefing room.

Bwahahahaha....

:lol:

But there were people who gasped....I heard them in the live coverage 

John Milton 

Czech GDP is 189.982 billion dollars, Skoda Auto's revenue is 13.8 billion dollars (7.2% of Czech GDP), but it probably uses other services in Czech so much that it impact may rise close to that 20%. But Czech Auto's operative profit is 1.23 billion dollars before taxes. It also receives tax breaks and other comprehensive income so much that it total comprehensive income for the year is 1.4 billion dollars. It reports amount corporate taxes it pay to be 227 million dollars.

For Trump part it does not matter if its is German companies doing all the trade, as we can see from his comments about Mexico.

I don't understand why are you trying to pull in Trump, what I am telling you that VW concern pay its taxes from revenues in Germany (probably). Of course there are some taxes from income and from cars sold directly in Czech, but majority of revenue tax is paid in Germany. Whats so complex to grasp it? West Europe sees east as cheap labor. thats it

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I don't understand why are you trying to pull in Trump, what I am telling you that VW concern pay its taxes from revenues in Germany (probably). Of course there are some taxes from income and from cars sold directly in Czech, but majority of revenue tax is paid in Germany. Whats so complex to grasp it? West Europe sees east as cheap labor. thats it

How do you see yourselves? Thats what matters, you shouldnt worry about what people think about you who dont personally know you 

John Milton 

How do you see yourselves? Thats what matters, you shouldnt worry about what people think about you who dont personally know you

We are cheap manufacturers for Germany, we sees ourselfs as that as well, It doesn't matter how we see ourselves, what matter is GDP :)

It is operative income from which they pay taxes to Germany if they pay taxes to Germany.  Taxes from revenue related things are paid to Czech. 

Revenue is what they get from selling cars they make, operative income is profit that they make from those sales. Difference goes to salaries, sales taxes, components/materials, etc. from which taxes are paid to Czech and which generally increase Czech's economy, as most of the cars they make are exported out from Czech, which means that those sales bring more money to Czech's economy. So that money mostly goes to Czech, although they may buy materials/components  from China or some other even cheaper country, as for example Czech trade deficit with China is only little bit less than their trade surplus with Germany. By looking numbers alone you could make simplification that it is like taking money from Germany and sending it to China.

Trump thing is because he just happens to talk about how similar situation is bad for USA, US companies produce goods, like cars, in Mexico and then bring them to be sold in US, meaning that he sees that it benefits Mexico. 

It is operative income from which they pay taxes to Germany if they pay taxes to Germany.  Taxes from revenue related things are paid to Czech. 

Revenue is what they get from selling cars they make, operative income is profit that they make from those sales. Difference goes to salaries, sales taxes, components/materials, etc. from which taxes are paid to Czech and which generally increase Czech's economy, as most of the cars they make are exported out from Czech, which means that those sales bring more money to Czech's economy. So that money mostly goes to Czech, although they may buy materials/components  from China or some other even cheaper country, as for example Czech trade deficit with China is only little bit less than their trade surplus with Germany. By looking numbers alone you could make simplification that it is like taking money from Germany and sending it to China.

Trump thing is because he just happens to talk about how similar situation is bad for USA, US companies produce goods, like cars, in Mexico and then bring them to be sold in US, meaning that he sees that it benefits Mexico.

Why are tax heavens than so popular if you are obligated to tax where you originaly created product which you sold much more expensive somewhre else?

Oh, I'm 100% sure there were people that gasped. Which was probably closely followed by clutching their chests and averting their gazes. As we have all learned, nobody has, or ever will again, suffer as the jews have suffered. Also nobody can EVER be as evil as Hitler. True story. :yes:

Oh, I'm 100% sure there were people that gasped. Which was probably closely followed by clutching their chests and averting their gazes. As we have all learned, nobody has, or ever will again, suffer as the jews have suffered. Also nobody can EVER be as evil as Hitler. True story. :yes:

Well Stalin already beat Hitler decades ago....

Also nobody can EVER be as evil as Hitler.

Pah, there are plenty of people more evil than Hitler! They just don't have the same power and resources to execute* upon it as much as he did! :p

*Hmm, not the best choice of wording, now that I think about it.

How do you figure that they...er, figure that?

On a side-note, I could swear that your avatar used to be animated. Am I crazy?

Edited by Bartimaeus

By people who aren't even a part of the group in question. Not that I don't think Jews themselves wouldn't be offended, mind you - given that it's still recent history enough where brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, mothers, fathers, grandparents of still living people were mass murdered on an industrial scale, I imagine it's still a rather touchy subject...along with people who were affected by other deaths as a result of Hitler's actions (...among others') and World War II. All things heal with time, one way or another, though...but for an event of this magnitude, surely it's not much of a surprise that the hurt from it would be felt beyond even our own lifetimes...a good 2% of the world population dying is a pretty significant event, and it's not even been a hundred years since. I wonder for how long the Black Death was talked about by those who survived it...and from them, the succeeding generations in stories passed down.

Strange. I even opened up a direct link to the image itself, but it's just frozen.

Edited by Bartimaeus

Why are tax heavens than so popular if you are obligated to tax where you originaly created product which you sold much more expensive somewhre else?

I would guess that those owners getting for example that 1.23 billion dollars profit tax free is reason to use tax heavens. Even if that isn't that big sum in comparison whole GDP of single country it is quite big sum when it is only shared by some thousands of people. And getting that profit amount bigger is reason why owners move production of goods in cheaper countries, so that they get bigger portion of that revenue to themselves (as they can sell product about same price even though production costs are lower, so company makes more profit, which mean that they pocket more money, and with getting more money they need to pay more taxes which increases attraction of tax heavens in order to cut those taxes down).