Any idea how will this going to work? Just presets like BG1 or more custom like DA:O?

It is something I am not very interested in (always turn those off) so I don't remember the finer details but one of the stretchgoals was player AI scripting for companions. I don't know how deep it will be, but I would expect something on the level of DA:O.

I hope its both; presets so that people can get quickly into the game without thinking too much about it and then the ability to tweak them for the people who like that sort of thing. I like to play on PotD, so I'll probably end up just disabling party tactics altogether and control all manually, but if they are going to add tactical party scripts, then I see absolutely no reason for them to *not* add the ability to customize them.

• Like 1

The most important step you take in your life is the next one.

Any idea how will this going to work? Just presets like BG1 or more custom like DA:O?

It was told that it will be somewhat similar to DA:O tactics and Final Fantasy XII gambits: source

One thing I would really like to see is AI scripting for buffing. It's so tedious to click on "fighter->Disciplined Barrage, wizard->Alacrity, priest->Holy Radiance" and so on at the start of every single fight - because it's so repetetive.

• Like 5

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

^ It was really easy to auto-buff in DA:O and DA:2.

I can already imagine, delegating Frenzy, Painful Interdiction and Aspirant's Mark to the AI.

Another great event->condition->action system would be the one used in WC3 map editor, i.e. "trigger".

• Like 1

What I didn't like about DA:O tactics was that you had a fixed limit to the number of slots you could create, then you'd eventually earn more slots as if that were some type of XP award.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

• 2 weeks later...

I would like the flow of combat to be slower, and the impact of ability use to feel more significant.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Tactics?

ad966d09.jpg

One thing I would really like to see is AI scripting for buffing. It's so tedious to click on "fighter->Disciplined Barrage, wizard->Alacrity, priest->Holy Radiance" and so on at the start of every single fight - because it's so repetetive.

Agreed. Maybe right-clicking on that ability makes it toggle the autocast for fights.

• Like 3

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

I would like the flow of combat to be slower, and the impact of ability use to feel more significant.

Devs already mentioned that the default combat speed is going to be as Slow Mode is in PoE1. Plus some spells will take longer to cast, but will deal more damage.

• Like 1

You could write your own AI scripts for the BGs. You "just" needed to know how to code in its scripting language. :grin:

Although I don't think you could get away with something like that today and still call it "customising". ;)

Therefore I have sailed the seas and come

To the holy city of Byzantium. -W.B. Yeats

Χριστός ἀνέστη!

Devs already mentioned that the default combat speed is going to be as Slow Mode is in PoE1. Plus some spells will take longer to cast, but will deal more damage.

That's...unfortunate. Slow mode is unbearably slow indeed.

That's...unfortunate. Slow mode is unbearably slow indeed.

I imagine you will be able to tweak it in options. I personally rarely switched to normal speed anyway. I am a control freak though.

If I understood that right, this only means that the default state will be reversed. In PoE1, you had combat run at normal speed and could optionally have it slow down. In PoE2, it's the other way around, meaning you'll still be able to speed things up.

Therefore I have sailed the seas and come

To the holy city of Byzantium. -W.B. Yeats

Χριστός ἀνέστη!