I guess that's why I love Aggrandizing Radiance + Minor Avatar so much: +10 to MIG,PER and also DEX (and all the other stats, too). ;)

If there will be a priest of Galawain in Poe2 I want to try a priest/barb...

I wouldn't get to exited about multiclasses in pillars 2. Judging on how obs nerfed and balanced there way through pillars 1 it wouldn't surprise me if they find a way to make multis that useless that it wouldn't be worth rollinging them. They will just nerf all the loop holes and good synergies from multiclassing as they come up with patches instead of improving the enemies AI like they did last time.

Yes - but the really potent stuff got nerfed pretty quickly as soon as it was posted and got some attention. Like:

- retaliation + Carnage

- retalitation + focus

- Envenomed Strike or Knockdown + Blast or Spirit Lance

... and more

Some other things like skipping recovery with Quick Switch and/or Coil of Resourcefulness are still in. I guess because nobody is masochistic enough to really abuse this. But in a solo run it's very useful if things get tough.

Some other potential game breakers didn't really get into the game or had only a very short appearence, like Novice's Suffering + Spiritshift.

The above example is just a little foretaste of what's to come with mutliclassing. A dev team can't rule out all those nasty combos before release. Thousands of players will try to generate nice synergies and will come up with some weird albeit wonderful ideas. And I really like that. Creativity and so on.  :) It's a bit like bug hunting but... with more fun. ;)

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Hehe yeah right. That was glorious, too. What's still in the game is Jolting Touch working with Turning Wheel + Lightning Strikes + Blood Testament. It's hilarious - albeit not as powerful as Carnage + Jolting Touch.

No. That would be normal behaviour and nothing special.

But when you switch right after the attack animation and before the recovery bar appears you will skip recovery altogether.

You can equip two Great Swords for example and switch back and forth and attack without recovery.

You need Quick Switch + Coil of Resourcefulness for this trick.

If you use this with two guns or crossbows or arbalests also the reloading gets skipped often (not always). You can cycle through your guns and keep firing without recovery and reload.

However, this requires a lot of pausing, timing and switching and is very tedious because fights take forever in real time. But of course it's powerful.

I never use it because it's clearly an unintended behaviour aka bug. :)

Edited by Boeroer

You could use very slow weapons, switch Vulnerable Attack and Cautious Attack on, wear plate and Iron Circle and still have zero recovery. And by now we know how much this increases dps. So if one is willing to micro the hell out of every encounter then it's a very powerful strategy - for a solo run for example. 

• Like 1

So how are you avoiding running out of health and having to rest a lot with this build? You won't die a lot in fights given the heal bonus but I'd imagine the health pool will drain quickly given your low armor. 

Do infusion potions work the same way the Wizard spell does (ie, if you use them just before the fight ends, you get a health bonus)?

That's why you max Con. Its effects endurance and health.

You don't really notice that are resting all that much. My late game rogue was more sturdy then my fighter and paladin.

I also noticed that the enemies AI was attacking the fighter and paladin first before the rogue for some reason

That's why you max Con. Its effects endurance and health.

You don't really notice that are resting all that much. My late game rogue was more sturdy then my fighter and paladin.

I also noticed that the enemies AI was attacking the fighter and paladin first before the rogue for some reason

It does but with padded armor or robes you're still gonna take some big hits which will drain that pool quickly I'd think. You won't die during fights but you will still take big health damage.

But I guess pots of infuse health will take care of that a bit, or you can just give a companion or two triage which with all of the insane + heal bonuses on this build will bring your health pool to max.

And yeah ideally as with all rogue builds you still have teh enemy on your tanks first anyways.

Potions of Infuse with Vital Essence work the same as the spell, yes.

A fighter (or paladin) with 10 CON and a rogue with 19 CON will end up with nearly the same health. It's a bit sad though that a rogue has to invest so many points into CON to be as sturdy as a fighter with 10 CON - not to speak about monks or even barbarians.

I don't understand why OBS did this to the rogue. If rogues only were flimsy thieves who do pickpocketing all the time then maybe OK, but rogues cover a big variety of possible professions, from little thieves to burly doormen or bodyguards. No idea why OBS gave rogues such bad starting values.

Edited by Boeroer

I'm doing some solo with this build, comparing to other char i played recently the health pool indeed sink fast. And i wear a plate Atm. x4 endurance = health is really a misarable multiplier, with all your healing spell in a single fight it can happen to actually heal yourself without problems, but dying anyway due the low health

Probably a fighter could be a better candidate for this build. The dmg will be a bit lower( but not so much), but the "staying alive" Power will be in a total different level. You even spare a talent ( vet recovery) and could possibile skip the godlike race for something like a boreal dwarf.

I'm doing some solo with this build, comparing to other char i played recently the health pool indeed sink fast. And i wear a plate Atm. x4 endurance = health is really a misarable multiplier, with all your healing spell in a single fight it can happen to actually heal yourself without problems, but dying anyway due the low health

have you got the draining axes yet?

Draining axes don't matter when you look at health. They only heal endurance. It's not the lack of endurance that could make this build a bit unplesant to play in a solo game (you will get targeted and hit a lot) but the low health (compared to other melee oriented classes). I tried another rogue build with max CON and MIG, but used a shield and retaliation and stuff - and even then the health loss was not really manageable - except if I used Infuse of Vital Essence a lot. Then it was doable but still a lot of fuzz. I canceled that solo run...

If you level up you get all your health back by the way (or was that Tyranny?). ;)

@DR <3: The fighter gets Constant Recovery right from the start, that's true, and thus spares a talent point - but Constant Recovery is less powerful than Veteran's Recovery. If you want the fighter to be the better "regenerator" you'd have to take Rapid Recovery as well and that would cost a talent point, too.

The good thing about the rogue - if you want him to play as "behind enemy lines" character - is that Escape comes quite early and it pushes your deflection quite a bit. The overall squishyness is the downside once Escape runs out. Charge is the better ability of course, but it comes at lvl 13. This would be too late for me to build a whole concept around.

If you can manage to operate behind the lines without being targeted by a lot of enemies then I guess this rogue can be quite fun and effective. Because against one or two enemies he will easily stand his ground with this healing and also his monstrous fortitude (preventing long disables).

But for a solo game I guess there is no rogue build which can do a face-off most of the time without resting a ton - because rogues lack deflection and health as well as CC (disables) and consistent AoE damage. I have the same problem with fighters though, but to a lesser extend.

Edited by Boeroer

Yes in my experience the only solo run i liked was a solo pacifist rogue, all about evade fights and go straight for thaos. But every time i try to play him solo like a "warrior" (actually fight enemies) i feel that most of other class could do the job better.

He lacks aoe DMG ( wiz, druid, priest, Chanter are way better) unless you don't try to mass abuse scroll; his cc are poor or comes late ( casters, monk, fighter, chiper do way better); low health - ok endurance; low tanking abilities. He just have good single target DMG, but monk, fighter, druid, chiper can do comparable or better dmg and comes all with other very strong perks.

Tl;dr: random rant against rogue

I'm trying this build so far (in a group) and it's holding its own. Like all rogues he will still go down unfortunately quick if focus fired but like Boeroer said if you keep it to just a few enemies at a time on him he can hold his own thanks to the heal bonuses.