Class and builds that you think thematically perfect each God-Like Subrace.

For example, The tanky Anvil Fire Godlike Monk

Or a Death God Like Chanter that focuses on melting its enemies with chants in the theme of a death aura.

I am in search of something interesting, unique, and the path less chosen. Not another Chanter tank, moon godlike monk etc, something very different. Bonus points if its a melee build that's never been done but works well. 

Fire godlike Priest of Magran with Firebrand (Forge Master's Gloves), Scion of Flame, Suntouched Mail, arquebus with burning lash. Take the Doemenel questline. Wear the Amulet of Summer Solstice, too. Buff MIG and ACC into the sky and attack with Firebrand and your fire spells (you will have additional 6 Sunbeams per rest). You can add Flames of Fair Rhian and Taluntain's Staff as well as Curoc's Brand as backup-weapons - just for the fireballs (7 per rest).

Fire godlike barbarian with Hiro's Mantle or Coat of Ill Payment, Scion of Flame, Blooded, One Stands Alone, Ryona's Vambraces, Vulnerable Attack, Drake's Bell with burning lash, Crucible Knights questline, Thick Skinned, Blood Thirst, Bloodlust, Frenzy, Barbaric Retaliation, potion of Flame Shield. Drop the Devil of Caroc into the Blood Pool. Your retaliation and Battle Forged will have 9 DR bypass and Drake's Bell will have 17 DR bypass - great for carnage! Once Battle Forged kicks in you will have 8 bonus DR - if you wear any item with additional burn DR this will stack with Drake's Bell and you will have +21 burn DR once Battle Forged is on. You can walk into your party's fire spells without getting harmed a lot.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Nature Godlike monk with max MIG, PER and INT, Tall Grass with corrosive lash & Aspirant's Mark (or Greenstone Staff), Rotfinger Gloves, Ryona's Breastplate or Argwe's Adra or the Colored Coat. Enervating Blows, Envenomed Strike. Bilestompers + Spirit of Decay will give you +10 corrosion DR - combined with Iron Wheel you can have +20 corrosion DR on top of your armor's DR. You can walk into our party's corrosion spells without fear. Instead of Bilestompers you could also try Greenstained Boots + Wyrwood Ring. You can combine this with the Nature's Embrace belt.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Moon Godlike Kind Wayfarer, St. Ydwen's Redeemer and Tidefall, Shod-in-Faith, Jack of Wide Waters armor, St. Borragia's Tears amulet, Lay on Hands, Healing Chain, survival 12 (14 with armor, +60% healing received), Veteran's Recovery, Fulvano's Amulet or Belt of Bountiful Healing. Wound Binding, Acolyte's Radiance.

Youl will heal all the time - if you kill, if you use FoD, if your endurance drops, if you receive a crit, with LoH, with Holy Radiance, with Healing Chain - while you will have awesome regeneration  and self heals, too (+105%). If your health drops too fast - use Wound Binding or potions of Infuse with Vital Essence. With that much healing bonus those will give you back a ton of health.  

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Death Godlike chanter with single haded weapon is a good thing. Come Sweet Winds will get +12 ACC and White Worms also gets the ACC bonus if I remember correctly. And of course things like Phantom and some other invocation fit nicely, too. Vile Loner's Lance might be a good pick. Works great with the Champion invocation that gives you +interrupt. Maybe add Interrupting Blows, too? Together with Mourning Gloves you might have interrupt-lock on single targets. Cladhaliath with stunning + vicious might also be nice.

edit: thanks. :)

Edited by Boeroer

• 5 months later...

Moon Godlike Kind Wayfarer, St. Ydwen's Redeemer and Tidefall, Shod-in-Faith, Jack of Wide Waters armor, St. Borragia's Tears amulet, Lay on Hands, Healing Chain, survival 12 (14 with armor, +60% healing received), Veteran's Recovery, Fulvano's Amulet or Belt of Bountiful Healing. Wound Binding, Acolyte's Radiance.

Youl will heal all the time - if you kill, if you use FoD, if your endurance drops, if you receive a crit, with LoH, with Holy Radiance, with Healing Chain - while you will have awesome regeneration  and self heals, too (+105%). If your health drops too fast - use Wound Binding or potions of Infuse with Vital Essence. With that much healing bonus those will give you back a ton of health.  

LMAO build! ;)

Moon Godlike Kind Wayfarer, St. Ydwen's Redeemer and Tidefall, Shod-in-Faith, Jack of Wide Waters armor, St. Borragia's Tears amulet, Lay on Hands, Healing Chain, survival 12 (14 with armor, +60% healing received), Veteran's Recovery, Fulvano's Amulet or Belt of Bountiful Healing. Wound Binding, Acolyte's Radiance.

Youl will heal all the time - if you kill, if you use FoD, if your endurance drops, if you receive a crit, with LoH, with Holy Radiance, with Healing Chain - while you will have awesome regeneration and self heals, too (+105%). If your health drops too fast - use Wound Binding or potions of Infuse with Vital Essence. With that much healing bonus those will give you back a ton of health.

LMAO build! ;)

It's the only one I don't like. So much healing you'll be dead before you can heal all that Endurance. Even with wound binding.

I know it's thematic lol

Edited by Torm51
  • Like 1

Have gun will travel.

Yeah, a lot of healing is always bad. Better die sooner from loss of endurance than to die later from loss of health. ;)

Actually ya on a low HP char I rather have him knocked out early then dead for the rest of the game cause I kept him alive too much.  I can still win a fight with 4 or 5.  Even 3

Edited by Torm51

Have gun will travel.

• 3 months later...

I'm gonna thread necro this one, because it's an amusing question the OP poses, even if I've never been a fan of Godlikes (because I don't like giving up helmets).

I've read his question a little differently than some.  I guess that I'm taking it more literally, as in what class best fits each GL's overall theme.  There may not be a single perfect answer, but 2-3 good ones per GL subrace.

Note that I haven't listed classes that I think would synergize well with a GL's abilities.  I only picked classes that seemed to thematically synergize with each GL's special nature.

Moon GL:

Either Shieldbearer or Kind Wayfarer Paladins seem like a good fit here.  Maybe it's because Moon GL's seem like "good" paladin types to me.

I suppose that a Priest of Eothas might be a good fit, though perhaps he's a little too sunshine-y for a MOON GL.

Nature GL:

Seems rather obvious that either Rangers or Druids would be the perfect fit for a Nature GL, being so in tune with nature and all.  I suppose even Barbarians might fit here as well, as they may be a bit more in tune with nature than your more civilized kith.

Fire GL:

I suppose that Chanters with all those fire-based abilities seem appropriate.  Wizards might be quite appropriate, particularly if using fire based spells more often than not.  Note: I suppose that it's possible that I've picked Chanters and Wizards here less for thematic reasons than GL ability synergizing.

A priest of Magran also seems quite appropriate, being as she's the goddess of war and fire.

And while IIRC, druids have some fire spells, somehow fire GL's don't seem like a great fit as tree huggers.

Death GL:

First off, a rogue assassin, a Bleak Walker paladin, and a priest of Berath all seem somewhat obvious, though I'm not exactly sure that congregations would ever want to be preached to by a death GL.