Pillars of Eternity 1 Equipment transfered 2, among other things

On the other hand CDPR ignored/streamlined choices with W3, which caused W2 to lose its charm for the sake of W3 being standalone, W2 as a game became meaningless to me which I loved before.

oh, you just reminded me. As wonderful as W3 was, I never got over that they just ignored the fact that I spared and released Saskia from Filippa's influence. That was a bummer.

Yeah I didn't like how Roche, who was never a big deal in my playthrough of W2, gets foisted on me like some old friend whereas Iorveth ma bro never appears.  I mean, do they ever even mention what happened with the Pontar Valley in W3 if you freed it in W2?  Are they conquered and destroyed by Nilfgard or Redania?  Do they become a puppet state like Temeria can become?  Do they just get ignored by all sides?  A mention would have been nice...

I rolled with Iorveth as well, but I didn't find Roche to be too welcoming. I remembered they referenced Saskia's Free State in W3. I think it was conquered by one of the main superpowers. Nilfgaard I think, but I might be wrong. It did suck though, as that meant that your actions in 2nd game had no meaning at all.

Yeah I didn't like how Roche, who was never a big deal in my playthrough of W2, gets foisted on me like some old friend whereas Iorveth ma bro never appears.  I mean, do they ever even mention what happened with the Pontar Valley in W3 if you freed it in W2?  Are they conquered and destroyed by Nilfgard or Redania?  Do they become a puppet state like Temeria can become?  Do they just get ignored by all sides?  A mention would have been nice...

I rolled with Iorveth as well, but I didn't find Roche to be too welcoming. I remembered they referenced Saskia's Free State in W3. I think it was conquered by one of the main superpowers. Nilfgaard I think, but I might be wrong. It did suck though, as that meant that your actions in 2nd game had no meaning at all.

Yeah sadly most of what you did in 2 was meaningless, there was only one real exception.  The very last choice you made could have a real impact in Witcher 3.  Did you kill Letho?

Past that?  Footnotes at best.

Roche path, side with Redania?  No change in Witcher 3, but the world state makes sense?  Sided with Jon Natalis?  Same world state as if you had sided with Redania, literally nothing different.  So it wasn't just those of you who sided with Iorveth that got hosed.

[...]

[...]

Footnotes at best.

As i feel the same about that i do think it does does bring up an interesting topic. I do think continuity (of your decisions) is much more important than the gear you wear. I'd be totally fine if only talents are transfered, as long as the impact of the tangential decisions are properly reflected and continued. Few games (btw f*k bioware =P) have handled that continuity really well, and i doubt we can expect a scope (bc. budgetary concerns) that addresses every wish - clean slates are often easier, that is just the reality.

That aside i don't need to keep Abylons hammer or the phylactery - but i do want to know what keeps happening with that, meaning i would expect a thorough explaination. That misc. items are destroyed in the wake of the statue does make sense. For legendary or borderline godlike artifacts .. hm naw i don't think so.

Then there is also considering that some of those items have considerable rp influence (tied to transfered talents)..., which is why i think it is much more likely that things like Abylons hammer/phylactery/... gets transfered - just not in a state that is useable (as in needs to be reforged/repaired => queue sidequest later and so).

Invalidating your choices in a sequel is a price you may have to pay if you want wildly different endings like Witcher 2. Sure, they might have included a few more cameos, but in the end, Nilfgaard conquering the North is the default, and neither side of W2 did avoid that.

Except you go full Dragon Break and just say that every outcome of the previous game is true at the same time. :grin: (Done once, I find that really quite original.)

Topic: I don't think importing actually useful gear from PoE1 would be a good idea. You could include some easter egg stuff that don't hurt anyone (like, pantaloons), but nothing more.

Caed Nua's been destroyed; that's enough of an excuse to scatter your totally-not-a-dragon's-hoard of important high-level stuff into the wind.

And it makes for a better game which is the most important thing, anyway.

• Like 1

Therefore I have sailed the seas and come

To the holy city of Byzantium. -W.B. Yeats

Χριστός ἀνέστη!

I'm guessing the PoE backer stuff and the Orlan Baby will transfer. Souldbound stuff probably not, but maybe certain pets or something. And obviously the Disapointer should come.

I'm unclear on what stat stuff doesn't transfer though, I think we're going to get to select a new starting class and attribute allocation, but background, race, and sex are not going to be changed. Is that about right?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Your gear fell 15 dungeon levels of hole below ground and was buried in rubble.  It'll take a team of excavators 2 years to reach it.  Sadly your money is also at the bottom of that pit and no excavating team is willing to take an IOU.  Also during that time you can amass an even larger fortune by selling freshly acquired xaurip spears.  So I set sail for Deadfire and leave Caed Nua in the dust...

Zombie-cat should survive though (then again, it's been 5 years - it's probably skeleton-cat by now).

And Cosmo - 'cause nothing keeps a Giant Miniature Space Pig down.

• Like 1

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

I'm unclear on what stat stuff doesn't transfer though, I think we're going to get to select a new starting class and attribute allocation, but background, race, and sex are not going to be changed. Is that about right?

Sounds accurate.  They have confirmed you can change class and attributes due to the new mechanics.  The rest has not been confirmed, but Sawyer seemed resistant to much of it on streams as it broke the characters actual continuity.  Eothas messing with you doesn't explain how your fire godlike turned into an Orlan, or how your character WAS from Aedyr but is now a native of the Valian Republics.