Question about Character stats from a noob.

Ok so at creation I have my general stats. Might charisma ectopic. Now when I lvl up I get to put points in lore athletics and other things. The question I have is are the points I put in those stats effect my actual starting stats? If not is the only way to increase my base stats through enchantments and items? Thanks to all who can answere this.

Once your starting stats are allocated you won't get anymore (e.g. on level up).

You can however re-allocate your characters starting stats at an inn by clicking the dice icon.

Various quests will lead to talents being rewarded that permanently increase your stats.

Equipment and abilities can also increase your stats while they're in effect.

To increase stats

1. Resting bonuses at inn

2. Food

3. Equipment increases stats- armor and equipment slots don't stack except for weapons. So you can have a weapon that increases might or con and armor or headgear that increases it. But dont fall into the trap of thinking that enchanted items that increase stats are better than other items that have abilities. Its often the case that the increase in stats are not as good as other items.

4. A later watcher talent temporarily increases stats outside of combat. In combat there are spells

5. There are stat rewards for some quests but dont sweat those because they may or may not match your characters role playing values.

6. There are brothel bonuses at a certain point in the game. 

You can retrain but i personally find that cheesy. There are also no level up increases to stats. Don't sweat the stats to much they are not the most important thing for combat. For conversation they are more important but there is a good mix of conversation checks for stats and skills since there is no charisma stat which was refreshing.

Edited by draego

Just fyi to clarify. for conversation stats the most common i believe are intellect and resolve followed by perception and might, followed by dex and constitution. But if you include the scripted interactions skill checks there is more of a mix between all of them. This is just generalizations

Edited by draego

I was thrown off by the stats as well.  It's hard for us old D@D (Baulders gate players) to get a few of these ones.

For me Might was a big one.  It is your dmg AND your Healing power.  yet it takes might to break bars.  So healers with any skill need to be some yoked out massive guy??  Didn't quite compute for me just yet.