One thing i would like is for obsidian to release the new main character portraits they have planned for POE2 to us early so we can use them on a POE 1 playthrough if we really like one of them. This is especially true with the new portraits having water color portraits because then it will make the transition easier if you were able to use a new standard portrait from POE2. Just a thought.

Also I would like to see portrait faces reused with different hair, hair color, and facial hair in some circumstances. I know that may be to much work but it would be nice to have choices with character creation.

Although now that i think about it. If i do wait for the new portraits until POE2 is released then i could potentially start a new run in POE1 when 2 is release and be finished by the time a lot of issue were resolved. hmm now i am torn.  :)

Edited by draego

Not sure how you'd make use of the watercolor portraits in PoE 1?

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

As I understand he wants to get the standard PoE2 portraits only to use them in his PoE1 playthrough, so he has a portrait continuity in both games.

Watercolor portraits kick in only in the sequel.

Edited by Messier-31
  • Like 3

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

What I really want is for them to look at their portraits and keep those in mind when they design CC. It's completely impossible to make your character look even a little similar to some of the portrait options. Or better yet remove CC all together and just design all the character models that look like the portrait that you pick. 

• Like 5

As I understand he wants to get the standard PoE2 portraits only to use them in his PoE1 playthrough, so he has a portrait continuity in both games.

Watercolor portraits kick in only in the sequel.

Yes standard for POE1 but then you would automatically get the watercolor in POE2 without any extra work.

What I really want is for them to look at their portraits and keep those in mind when they design CC. It's completely impossible to make your character look even a little similar to some of the portrait options. Or better yet remove CC all together and just design all the character models that look like the portrait that you pick. 

I agree and i would further add, even though it may take to much work and wont happen, I would like to see portraits with the same faces but different hair, hair color, facial hair in some circumstances. 

Edited by draego
  • Like 1

I agree and i would further add, even though it may take to much work and wont happen, I would like to see portraits with the same faces but different hair, hair color, facial hair in some circumstances. 

What they did in Shadowrun? 

What they did in Shadowrun? 

Ye but i bet shadowrun portrait are not a as hard to make but would still appreciate it.

Yeah. I think in the old days, when characters were a lot less detailed, as long as you got the coloring vaguely correct, you could slap any portrait unto any character model.

Now, ironically, with more detailed character creation, its more frustrating to match your character to a portrait. Especially true of the Godlike.

• Like 2

What I really want is for them to look at their portraits and keep those in mind when they design CC. It's completely impossible to make your character look even a little similar to some of the portrait options.

^Yes - having more options is great.

Or better yet remove CC all together and just design all the character models that look like the portrait that you pick.

^No - they can't get rid of it altogether anyway as there are those of us who use custom portraits.

So long as they have a greater variety of face-shapes and hair/beard styles, I'm good.  But they should certainly look at the included portraits and make sure something resembling them is possible.

Edited by Silent Winter
  • Like 2

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

I would like a feature where I can introduce any image into the pool, and depending on the size I get an UI which allows me to select what will be visible or should be resized.

• Like 1

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

I would like a feature where I can introduce any image into the pool, and depending on the size I get an UI which allows me to select what will be visible or should be resized.

Yeah or resize it. And not need for the image to be in the pool just import it from wherever it is when creating character. I don't think it's something difficult to implement. It's very annoying as it is now.