GRIMOIRE has arrived

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=893772412

The ultimate classic style turn-based fantasy roleplaying game!

After more than 20 years of development, the greatest roleplaying game of them all is fnally ready for release! Grimoire is an homage to the classic dungeon blobbers and is inspired by Wizardry, Might & Magic, Lands of Lore, Anvil of Dawn, DungeonMaster and the Eye of the Beholder games!
  • 600 hours of play possible in a single game
  • Lush Colorful 2D Hand Drawn Artwork
  • Retro style MIDI music and 8 bit sound effects
  • 244+ Maps in the game to explore!
  • Turn-Based strategic combat
  • Multiple Beginnings, Multiple Endings
  • 144 context sensitive magic spells
  • 14 races, 15 professions, 50 skills
  • 64 intelligent NPCs with 8000+ Words in Vocabulary
  • Full Sentence Communication with NPCs
  • 240+ monsters each with special powers and defenses
  • 1000+ items, Carry Containers, Global Party Inventory
  • 30 conditions, from Confusion to Disease & Lycanthropy
  • Automapping, Autowalking, Autohealing
  • Global Map Atlas With Position Marker
  • Quest Journal, Hint Prompting, Help Facility, Mini-Quests
  • Complex LockPicking Interfaces for Doors & Chests
  • Challenging Puzzles and Rich Interactive Dungeons
  • Browsable Character Library for up to 100 characters
  • Up to 12 Commented Postage Stamped Savegames
  • Multi-themed GUI and customizable screen layouts

Let's make it happen.

Edited by Infinitron
  • Like 3

What? I thought Greenlight didn't even exist anymore! Valve has been talking about shelving it for literally the past 3-4 years - how haven't they gotten around to it yet?

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

What? I thought Greenlight didn't even exist anymore! Valve has been talking about shelving it for literally the past 3-4 years - how haven't they gotten around to it yet?

They're probably waiting for some modder to remove it, then buy the rights or the modding team and pretend they removed it on their own.

And people will be raving about how the great Gaben delivered them from the terrors of Greenlight. ;)

• Like 5

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

600 hours of play???!! DEAR GOD WHY??? The most I have in a game is probably 120 hours, even upon completing The Witcher 3 multiple times wasn't even 120 hours.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

• 2 months later...

No hope now. Valve finally closed Greenlight and now Valve Direct is happening which is going to be amazing for pc gaming. Think of it as Nintendo's seal of quality approval <3

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

• 1 month later...

Not only doed it look absolutely horrid but it's going to be priced at $40 with 10% off at launch so says the official page anyway. 2 hours ago it said "This game will unlock in 1 hour". Even though I'm not interested in buying this game I am interested in seeing the initial reaction for people who are interested in purchasing it, savvy?

Another user made a good point recently saying:

"I was going to buy it until I read that the dev said the game was in development for over 20 years, which is hard to believe..."

How do you all feel about that?

600 hours of play???!! DEAR GOD WHY??? The most I have in a game is probably 120 hours, even upon completing The Witcher 3 multiple times wasn't even 120 hours.

Reviews to follow... in about five years.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Well, now it's passed Steam's next update/release window, but I can wait. If something has been in development for two decades, a few days aren't exactly a problem. :)

Interestingly, during a few minutes, the game was actually tagged as available:

http://www.imageshack.us/i/pm8KyYYQp

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I never believed the lie, never will but those Steam forums are full of intelligent and often hilarious content from random people.

I got a buddy with 700 hours on Rocket League.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I got a buddy with 700 hours on Rocket League.

I spent over 10k hours on World of Warcraft and Star Wars: The Old Republic and some thousands of hours on Quake World and Quake 3 Arena. Apples and oranges a bit, no? :)

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.