Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Where on earth is Patch 1.1.6.5 - has the game been abandoned

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

King_Momo

King_Momo

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 97 posts

ahahahahhaha I hope the same period of the Europe xD the real question is "Summer of which year?" xD

D'oh! I should remember that from the 4 month wait between AD3 and AD4.

mccrispy

mccrispy

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 703 posts

That's my hope too. I'd just like a little more reassurance that something real is going to happen. Currently, the players and the people who have paid to support the dev team's activity are being ignored.

King_Momo

King_Momo

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 97 posts

That's my hope too. I'd just like a little more reassurance that something real is going to happen. Currently, the players and the people who have paid to support the dev team's activity are being ignored.

Flounder had always been the most frequent Developer on these forums. I hope he hasn't been let go or moved to a different project. Where are you, Flounder?

Hannibal_PJV

Hannibal_PJV

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2127 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
That is a good ques. Most propably people have been assigned to new projects and Pathfinder adventures is in limited support so it means longer delays between upgrades, because development team has others task to do Also.
So Also less time in this Forum. The bosses in Obsidian will keep every Person busy, that is sure!

mccrispy

mccrispy

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 703 posts

So now you've changed your mind Hannibal: "most probably people have been assigned to new projects and Pathfinder adventures is in limited support" WTF? Where's all the optimism about developments going ahead and a bright future for the game, or are you just posting something for the sake of making a post?

Hannibal_PJV

Hannibal_PJV

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2127 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
I just said that your ques is guite possible. Nobody is kept in the same project infinitely. If the new project is new pathfinder adventure or something else, only they know. The dev team itself would like to make more. That is what they have said Many times. Also that there will be new Goblin content so that much is most likely to happen, Also Steam release is quite possible now that They have the base game ready. But after that nobody knows untill there is new info.
I Expect to see new announcements when They Are done. If the time "before" the summer is right. There still is a month or two before next upgrade. Interesting to see how much and what is packed on it.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV, 24 April 2017 - 08:45 AM.

mccrispy

mccrispy

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 703 posts

I understand that nobody is kept in the same project indefinitely - I have previously mentioned having experience in the software industry. But you said (and this is very different to cycling staff through different projects) "most probably people have been assigned to new projects and Pathfinder adventures is in limited support". Now you are saying "nobody knows until there is new info". You really are just making stuff up so that you have something to post aren't you?

King_Momo

King_Momo

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 97 posts

Hannibal has made 1721 posts. They can't ALL be Pearls of Wisdom, right?

Hannibal_PJV

Hannibal_PJV

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2127 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Well we all are speculating here. If the staff has been assigned to new project and They still Are making some stuff in this project you could call it as limited support, like win7 is in a limited support. But as long as we are making a quessing game, Well it is just a quessing.
Sooner or later all programs goes to that state. This most propably not untill Steam release.

The Obsidian management will make estimations about the cost and Profit according this project when They make new plans ofcourse. But those plans Are newer part that the customers Are taking part. So no announcement untill there Are desisions. (Corporate secrets you know.)
We know it when and if the staff from this project is a part of another project. But we don't have any clue about what that project will be, or nothing we say in these forums does not change it to one way or another.
That is why I keep an saying. "Just wait and see", because there Are no alternatives to it. Ofcourse you could tap on Obsidian core Computer, but that would be considered an espionage ;)

So sit back and enjoy the Ride! What ever that may be... last updates has been announced about the same time as it has been loaded to google and Apple store. Not sooner.
It has happened before and it will happen again!

:)

Hannibal_PJV

Hannibal_PJV

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2127 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Definitely not! I would be very worried if They all would be pearls of wisdom...
Happy Pathfindering to everyone!
;)
  • Ethics Gradient and Igeherd like this

mccrispy

mccrispy

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 703 posts

Indeed, you'd think that Hannibal was aiming for some volume-related achievement. 

mccrispy

mccrispy

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 703 posts

Well we all are speculating here.

I'm not speculating here. That would be a pointless exercise and is a significant part of my complaint about your posts. I am asking a question in the form of an "open post to OBS" in the (apparently vain) hope that they are paying some attention to their fan/customer-base. Given the response that we've had from them, I think that I've probably had my answer and that it may well prove to be the answer that I feared (now ​that​ is speculation).

• Igeherd likes this

Borissimo

Borissimo

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 289 posts

McCrispy, I respect you as a person, but you need to take a chill pill. <3

I think we're all in agreement on the same basic points. It sucks that Obsidian isn't doing anything with the property, it sucks that Obsidian is silent on these boards, and it sucks not knowing for sure whether Pathfinder Adventures will ever hit Steam (and, consequently, whether any of the other adventure paths will ever get made).

• Matsu Kurisu, jumpthegun, MauGibrin and 2 others like this

jumpthegun

jumpthegun

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 82 posts

Obsidian-senpai pls notice us

• Ethics Gradient likes this

mccrispy

mccrispy

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 703 posts

Yeah, don't think that's going to happen - it was part of the reason for posting in the first place.  :blink: 

Flounder

Flounder

Producer, Pathfinder Adventures

• Developers
  • 168 posts

Flounder had always been the most frequent Developer on these forums. I hope he hasn't been let go or moved to a different project. Where are you, Flounder?

I'm still around!

I will be making a blog post of all the stuff that we have been doing to for the last few months but I have to wait until the "Big Announcement" has been made.

I will say, though, that there will not be a 1.1.6.5 patch because that content has been merged with 1.2.6.

Sorry I can't give more information at this time but  when I am allowed to say official things I will make sure there is lots of pretty pictures and stuff.

-F

• Dunesparrow, Killer_Power, Hannibal_PJV and 4 others like this

Ethics Gradient

Ethics Gradient

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1087 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Thanks for the GLORIOUS news, Flounder!  You 'da best!

With the forum desperately searching for updates, I found a dramatic reenactment of this thread where Flounder busts onto the scene to quench our thirst for knowledge... or something.

Spoiler

• Dunesparrow likes this

Igeherd

Igeherd

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 4 posts
Well, better late than bugged.
Good news indeed.
*sings quietly*
Wake me up when the waiting ends...

mccrispy

mccrispy

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 703 posts

Ah! 1.2​.6 now that is​ interesting news. Sounds like a new Campaign to me (needlessly and pointlessly and indeed somewhat ironically, speculating). What was the change when the game went from 1.0.x to 1.1.x? Anyone remember?

Ethics Gradient

Ethics Gradient

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1087 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

What was the change when the game went from 1.0.x to 1.1.x? Anyone remember?

1.0.3 to 1.1.3 brought the phone UI and a couple of other game changes. It is a semi-major update for sure, but I'm not betting on a new campaign unless there is rumbling about pathfinder v1.2.7 or 2.0.

Eliminating quest mode and introducing a PC UI might be what is in store to justify a point release. I've got a couple other speculations, but those two are feeling pretty likely.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users