Where on earth is Patch 1.1.6.5 - has the game been abandoned

Most likely there will be Also bugfixes in the next release... there always is. And Also new bugs to hunt down. Programs Are like that normally.

:)

And because the soon has been longer, they most likely have already found some bugs that needs squashing before the release.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV

Gosh, what a revelation! Things will now surely really get moving now OBS are "cooking something". We now have so much more information about the current situation and the future of the game, along with these commitments to specific timelines and a clear development roadmap, my faith is almost restored. OK, you guessed it, I'm joking with you, this changes nothing - not even the amount of information we have.

• Like 1

The problem is not the lack of a patch, even if it's very late. The problem it's there is nothing. The hero bundle is the same since 2 months. How much does it takes to make a new 6k bundle with new heroes? I think the game is very dead, a good reminder of never waste money in mobile games. Hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1

It will take a couple of years for new hero Bundle. So it will take some time. So far there has not been announced that there will not be new patches. And if thennext patch will give new outfits to old characters, then it is not too long time to do it. If it is about new scenarios, then it will much longer expsecially if there Are even less programmers doing this. Is there one or two Person coding this at this moment, so it gets slover. If it is Steam release. That will take somewhat longer, if They still hunt down and destroy bugs. It can take really big time if the team is as small as it is.

Ofcourse it could be possible that Obsidian has give up and the game is now ready, but ten I will Expect that They make announcement that Rice of the Runelords is ready. But I Expect at least one upgrade where They remove the quest mode before that... but who knows. We will know Sooner tm or later tm.

I know that you really like to look on the positive side of things and defend OBS like a loyal fanboi, but really you're missing the point. We all know that **** takes time to do. We also know that there's a gazillion things that OBS might​ be doing that justifies the ridiculous delay. But nothing, nothing​ justifies the silence. Nothing justifies ignoring the "community". Nothing justifies ignoring the fans of the game and just treating them as an income resource pure and simple. We're now into a month beyond the original "commitment" for the next update and there's nothing coming from OBS. No blog posts (do they have any idea what a blog is for?), no updates in these forums, nothing substantive on social media. Nothing. It's rude and it's insulting.

I don't want a commitment to a date (because we all know that in software dev generally it's hard to hit those dates and with OBS they are incapable of doing so). No, what I want to see is a firm commitment to the future of the game; some explanation of why it's taking them so long. Not having that information leaves me to fill in the blanks with the words ​product abandonment​.

You see, if OBS want me to be a loyal fanboi like you Hannibal, they have to work harder at it. As it is, I would never pay for another OBS product in the future as I know that it will be of poor quality and that it will be the subject of an early product abandonment. I'm pleased that you can keep the faith, but I don't think that OBS can afford to base a business on blind adoration from a couple of hundred (or even a couple of thousand) enthusiasts. They need to do better.

• Like 2

My take on this: probably, not even Obsidian knows the future of this franchise.

It seems obvious that many things went wrong with this game. First and foremost, the dev team didn't anticipate they would be overwhelmed by bugs of all sorts. Then the financial model wasn't the best. They probably lost money with Pathfinder, and with other (more lucrative) projects on the pipe, Obsidian probably channeled people from this game onto the others.

They have fullfilled the largest part of their agreement with Paizo. Now should they invest some more and hope for the best or should they simply close the gates? Maybe they are now concentrating on the Steam release, but lack the human resources to finish it. Maybe.

It would be nice to hear something frank and honest from an insider. But, as I already said, I suspect they might not even be sure of what's next...

Cheers,

Mauricio

Edited by MauGibrin
  • Like 2

No, not everything "takes time". Discounting the third adventure, making a new hero bundle, i wont believe this is hard, unless the game is programmed really really badly. If you plan to continue supporting the game, or even if you are unsure, you should make these "easy" promotions to keep as many users as you can. 

My opinion is: the game will be abandoned and in one year servers will close. I hope I'm wrong ;)

Ofcourse it is possible that it was this and there will be no more. But even that has not been announced and the delays in this game has been long Also before...

If the game will not get any more updates, there will be announcement, just because it would be something new announced so far. If the game has been an economic catastrofe, any sensible company will cut it of. You don't want to kill a company by stubbornly supporting a sinking game.

But as I said, if there will not be anything to do for this game there most likely will be announcement of it. Sooner or later. The last announcement was some Goblin stuff. So a new announcement is needed to contradict that.

The interactions between characters was/is hardcoded to the scenarios, so it is not easy to add new characters. That is why we did get new versions of old characters because those character interactions did not need to reprogram. Also any new character power Are real pain in the... to code. So it definitely takes some time. But that is whole another matter to discuss. That is why I Expect that those Goblins Are/were/will be just new goblinied versions of old characters. Ofcourse this may be very wrong prediction ;)

Hopefully the servers don't go down just yet. But that remains to be seeing.

Ps. I am very positive Person to any subjects so this game is no exception to it :)

I like the original Paizo game a lot and the new Mummys mask is my favorite among them so far. The Obsidian version is very promising, but it still has not achieved the full potential. The quest mode was even more promising, but that is balanced by being even more not ready to fullfill the full potential it has.

So I remain hoping for the best and not be too conserned about the worst. If the worst happens, there is not much I can do to prevent it, so it is not worth of my times and resources to worry about it. If it happens, it happens. So I hope that my optimism is not disturbing peoples too much. It is not mean to be personal, even though it is a part of my person. I think that that is my way of saying that I am not of fanboy of this game, or then it can be said that I am a fanboy of everything in the life... who knows ;) But forexample at this moment I spent much more time playing Civ6 and other games along tabletop games than this game, but I still see a lot of potential in this fransize and in this game so I am always willing to give my helping hand if it helps to bring that potential to real product.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV
  • Like 2

This is kind of a critical moment... or it feels like it to me. I love the game, and I can see all 4 dead tree PACG sets on my shelves. There is still a limited number of times I'm going to visit this forum in the hopes to see a game I love continuing to reach its full potential. Each time I make the effort to check up and see no meaningful contact from the devs, it makes me wonder why bother? This is a long period of silence and what's especially worrisome to me is that it came right after an announcement for some specifically planned changes.

Tonight, I can play some Gloomhaven at my table or some Terra Mystica on my phone. I really do love PACG but I am not particularly inspired to replay the story at this time, I have been told quest mode is just waiting for the executioner to drop his axe, and I can't use the app to play with my friends. I hope the communication picks back up, it's hard not to worry that this is the slow slide into abandonware.

That's my hope too. I'd just like a little more reassurance that something real is going to happen. Currently, the players and the people who have paid to support the dev team's activity are being ignored.

Flounder had always been the most frequent Developer on these forums. I hope he hasn't been let go or moved to a different project. Where are you, Flounder?

That is a good ques. Most propably people have been assigned to new projects and Pathfinder adventures is in limited support so it means longer delays between upgrades, because development team has others task to do Also.

So Also less time in this Forum. The bosses in Obsidian will keep every Person busy, that is sure!

So now you've changed your mind Hannibal: "most probably people have been assigned to new projects and Pathfinder adventures is in limited support" WTF? Where's all the optimism about developments going ahead and a bright future for the game, or are you just posting something for the sake of making a post?

I just said that your ques is guite possible. Nobody is kept in the same project infinitely. If the new project is new pathfinder adventure or something else, only they know. The dev team itself would like to make more. That is what they have said Many times. Also that there will be new Goblin content so that much is most likely to happen, Also Steam release is quite possible now that They have the base game ready. But after that nobody knows untill there is new info.

I Expect to see new announcements when They Are done. If the time "before" the summer is right. There still is a month or two before next upgrade. Interesting to see how much and what is packed on it.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV

I understand that nobody is kept in the same project indefinitely - I have previously mentioned having experience in the software industry. But you said (and this is very different to cycling staff through different projects) "most probably people have been assigned to new projects and Pathfinder adventures is in limited support". Now you are saying "nobody knows until there is new info". You really are just making stuff up so that you have something to post aren't you?

Well we all are speculating here. If the staff has been assigned to new project and They still Are making some stuff in this project you could call it as limited support, like win7 is in a limited support. But as long as we are making a quessing game, Well it is just a quessing.

Sooner or later all programs goes to that state. This most propably not untill Steam release.

The Obsidian management will make estimations about the cost and Profit according this project when They make new plans ofcourse. But those plans Are newer part that the customers Are taking part. So no announcement untill there Are desisions. (Corporate secrets you know.)

We know it when and if the staff from this project is a part of another project. But we don't have any clue about what that project will be, or nothing we say in these forums does not change it to one way or another.

That is why I keep an saying. "Just wait and see", because there Are no alternatives to it. Ofcourse you could tap on Obsidian core Computer, but that would be considered an espionage ;)

So sit back and enjoy the Ride! What ever that may be... last updates has been announced about the same time as it has been loaded to google and Apple store. Not sooner.

It has happened before and it will happen again!

https://youtu.be/6bOy3RNyWME

:)