Like mechs and vehicular combat? Check out Brigador

What is Brigador?

Brigador is a fast-paced isometric game where you control a vehicle and virtually blast your way through enemies and towns in a futuristic post-apocalyptic/cyberpunk setting. Everything is destructable in Brigador, thanks to a unique custom engine. The game uses sprites and projects a never-before-seen lighting system that is sure to impress.

There are currently over 80 vehicles to pilot.

*Fallout type power suits

*Akira style bikes

*Gyros

*Killdozers

*Soccermom minivans because why not?

*Old school and futuristic tanks

*Hovercrafts to killdozers

*Mini mechs with cloaking

*Giant mech-warriors too!

*Many more vehicles

BRIGADOR IS SET TO RE-LAUNCH IN JUNE 2017!

Why is it relaunching? It's not because it's a bad game, it's actually a phenomenal one but there was a lot of mistakes that were made in marketing and that hurt the game to be the success it should have. Ratings on Steam are at 97% if that says anything.

What will the relaunch consist of?

Of course you're going to see this game on the front store page of Steam (again) but also the game will be recieving a huge content update. New pilots, new missions, new lore, new pilots, new everything!

For those who already own Brigador, you'll be getting this HUGE content update for free :)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/274500

post-173997-0-02160300-1490557556_thumb.jpg

post-173997-0-83926700-1490557654_thumb.png

post-173997-0-05077300-1490558862_thumb.jpg

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

To be perfectly honest, the reason I more or less ignored Brigador was because it looked liked a generic twin-stick shooter with reasonably pretty graphics, but not much else of interest. What does Brigador do, gameplay-wise, that would truly set it apart from other twin-stick shooters? Do the different mech types play significantly differently? Are there some interesting gameplay gimmicks, aside from full structure destruction? Sell it to me! SELL IT TO ME, DAMN IT!

Edited by Fenixp

To be perfectly honest, the reason I more or less ignored Brigador was because it looked liked a generic twin-stick shooter with reasonably pretty graphics, but not much else of interest. What does Brigador do, gameplay-wise, that would truly set it apart from other twin-stick shooters? Do the different mech types play significantly differently? Are there some interesting gameplay gimmicks, aside from full structure destruction? Sell it to me! SELL IT TO ME, DAMN IT!

Actually it's not a twin stick shooter at all. It's a fast-paced arcade game with strategic combat.

I should tell you off the bat that it's not by any means an easy game and was developed with hardcore 90's gamers in mind.

MOST IMPORTANTLY: The control set-up was made for keyboard and mouse, there is full controller set-up but the precision is not as mearly as good or comfortable. The controls for the mechs, power suits and tanks actually use tank controls and the floating vehichles actually use more of a twin stick shooter set-up. You can undershoot and overshoot, and this is why the control is much better with a keyboard and mouse than it is with a controller. To be fully comfortable on a controller, you'd need 3 analog sticks so there is a sacrifice and because of that, there is alot of options for game difficulty including an option to play the game in a slowed state.

Each vehichle does indeed act differently but it would take a while to explain it in detail. What else sets it apart? Hmmm... well there is alot that has to do with ammunition management. If you just shoot everything, you're going to run out of ammo and become an easy target. You can collect ammo from fallen enemies but if you're not careful you accidentally blow it up. You can crouch to reduce incoming damage or even evade missiles or just hide behind buildings if you're in a bigger mech.

Also, if you choose to be in a smaller vehicle like a Fallout style power suit, you're not going to be able to mash through things like concrete walls as if you were in a ginat mech. You'd need to find another way in - unless of course you want to blast your way in.

There's alot of elements that separate Brigador from the crowd of fast-paced arcade games. There's nothing like it on Steam really but I can understand how people would assume that it's your generic twin-stick shooter, the game isn't properly explained on the store page or in the trailer. The goal of the relaunch will be to address alot of these misconceptions.

Edit:

I should add that every vehichle has it's own stats, speed, etc. This isn't a simple RNG game. I think of it more like Metal Gear Solid with vehichles. Every vehicle has a unique ability whether cloaking, emp blasts, etc and then there are orher actions on top of that: ramming, crouching, etc so there's alot of ways to play the game.

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...