Any chance of more subtle art for unique weapons?

Yes correct.

There target audience consists of people who personally attack others who have different opinions to them

You know

Donald Trump

Melania Trump

Ivanka Trump

You

Huh? How is what I said in anyway a personal attack?

nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.

Edited by illathid

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

As an additional note to the thread: I also hated how enchanted weapons against a type of enemy (like additional damage against kith) glows orange like it is fire-enchanted.

Actually, if you start enchanting the weapons in your party, it starts to look a little silly, almost MMO-like, with a bunch of obvious visual effects glowing from every weapon. It would definetly raise everyone's attention in a crowded city for example.

I think the effects could have been done more subtlely, following the more grounded aesthetic of PoE. They could have made the weapons more shiny when enchanting for additional damage against kith, or maybe glow a little white or something... The elemental enchantments could have also been done more subtlely, maybe glowing and sparkling more only during combat.

Agree with the favored enemy visuals on weapons.. They were all the same and turned any sword like weapon into a red lightsaber... the best visual effect imo was the electric lash. Having seen some graphics stuff already for pillars 2 and the new fire lash visual (which looked much better than poe1) I feel good about the future of weapon effects.

Edit: also agree with other on grey sleeper, like the looks of that one. I also really liked the looks of the white spire estoc, exotic looking without being ridiculous.

Edited by DigitalCrack
  • Like 1

I completely disagree with the op.

TBH I have no idea what he is talking about. The only exotic looking soulbound I can think off is the redeemer. The rest of them are very simple straight forward designs.

The unlaboured blade = completely plain

grey sleeper = completely plain

steadfast = completely plain

abydons hammer = completely plain

Sceptre - completely plain

Nightshroud = little bit of flair but looks great (pitty the weapon itself doesn't work)

Greenstone staff= Slighlty excotic with green glow

Reedemer = Full bright glow cartoony look

maybe the OP is playing a different game and posted in the wrong forum

I wish the devs would make the weapons more exotic. Most of the weapons are boring looking IMO

From most of your posts it's pretty clear you are not the target audience for these games.

Yes correct.

There target audience consists of people who personally attack others who have different opinions to them

You know

Donald Trump

Melania Trump

Ivanka Trump

You

Huh? How is what I said in anyway a personal attack?

It wasn't, he's baiting you.

Hook line and sinker

If you wish to discuss politics or prove you are a master baiter, please do so in Way Off Topic. Otherwise please discuss the topic at hand and not each other. Thank you.

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

By more subtle you mean unique model?

Almost all unique in PoE I look pretty simple, as I remember color schemes may vary but model not so much.

I wish they will make enchantment downgrade / clear upgrades option.

It's a bummer when you made an enchantment mistake and there is no way to undo it.

Lightning lash makes the item most badass looking, like a lightsaber.

Done this with Moon Godlike Wizard

q22yrpP.png

Perebor steam

By more subtle you mean unique model?

I'm pretty sure that by "subtle" he meant... "subtle". Like in "not so much in your face" design style. It could mean "not this big", "not this flashy" or even "not this saturated" or whatever.

I agree the biggest problem is with the VFX. I would be quite happy without all of that but I do think some of the models are too big also. I understand oversizing is somewhat necessary to make things visible: the standard versions of weapons are oversized, no big problem, but there's no reason to then make the magical versions even bigger.

Regarding the lash effects, BG1 in 1998 actually handled it very well with a 'lash' effect when the weapon hits rather than all the time.

Anyway I don't want to bash this too much because PoE is about as good a game as I have played.

I personally think that from an Art/Design perspective the weapons idle/attack animations are a bigger contributer to any kind of "feel" then the 3D models alone are. Especially if we stay within the artistic/design realm of the PoE 1 weapons.

I know this likely will not happen (since It would need some kind of locking animations/engaged system) but I felt Kotor lightsaber fights felt more 'realistic/real' then the pokey-poke style of the Neverwinter Nights games or PoE1. The weight behind strikes and the engagement of the whole body in the swordfight is a big contributer to make fights feel more realistic. - And if there would be movements to be made towards more realism in weapons and combat I would love to see improvements on the animations.

That being said, I do not wish for lightsaber-esque weapons in the game. I love the historic influences. 

While I don't want to run around with a lightsaber in a fantasy game, I think Pillars handled it reasonably well. Whispers of Yenwood had a bit of a Sith-vibe, for example, but not so over-the-top that it would have subtracted from my enjoyment. I liked both the historic influences and things like the greenstone staff, which errs on the side of high fantasy quite a bit in my opinion.

Silver lining for the anti-lightsaber crew though: Scabbards :)

Edited by Regggler

Endure. In enduring, grow strong.