Paradox Interactive Store Key

So this 50% Tyranny coupon i must buy the game off Paradox Interactive Store? If not mistaken it was earlier promised as a Steam discount code? I don't live in the US, so basically this 50% code is useless to me as i need to buy the game using USD?. Even with 50% discount on the USD, it's far more pricier than i buy the base version on steam without discount. What a joke Obsidian!

Edited by Archaven

So this 50% Tyranny coupon i must buy the game off Paradox Interactive Store? If not mistaken it was earlier promised as a Steam discount code? I don't live in the US, so basically this 50% code is useless to me as i need to buy the game using USD?. Even with 50% discount on the USD, it's far more pricier than i buy the base version on steam without discount. What a joke Obsidian!

No. It's a coupon, for a Paradox version of a Steam game. The prices at the Paradox store are the *same* prices on Steam.

Edited by Katarack21

Not necessarily.

Steam has regional pricing which means that for some countries, prices are wildly different than US pricing. (If you live in e.g. Malaysia, you get the same game for nearly half the price than in the EU or America.)

If the Paradox Store doesn't have regional pricing (or not in the same way as Steam), and only offers to buy the game at US prices, you might pay a lot more than on Steam.

Therefore I have sailed the seas and come

To the holy city of Byzantium. -W.B. Yeats

Χριστός ἀνέστη!

Not necessarily.

Steam has regional pricing which means that for some countries, prices are wildly different than US pricing. (If you live in e.g. Malaysia, you get the same game for nearly half the price than in the EU or America.)

If the Paradox Store doesn't have regional pricing (or not in the same way as Steam), and only offers to buy the game at US prices, you might pay a lot more than on Steam.

That's interesting.  Just checking my price:

Paradox Interactive Store: $45 (can get for $22.5 with my coupon)

Steam Store: 122 yuan = $17.6 full price

Even though I'm British, I live in China.

Well done Paradox.  If you'd given me a gog coupon, I'd have bought it happily and given you more money.  Now I'm actually considering waiting for a Steam sale and making it the first game I buy on Steam LOL.

Anyone want my 50% coupon? (they said it was transferable I think).

• Like 1

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Here in Brazil:

Buying Tyranny with the 33% coupon on Paradox site: US$ 29,69 or ~ R$ 92,54 (with current Dollar-Real ratio) 

Full price of the game on Brazilian Steam or GOG: R$ 81,99

Yeah, this coupon is a joke for anyone outside the US. Rather wait for a GOG sale. If anyone wants it, just PM me...

[Edit]: Just saw it might be a good deal in NZ...

Edited by LuccA
  • Like 1

To be fair to Obsidian, they may only be able to give out the coupon for Paradox's store due to some sort of legal agreement for the publishing of Tyranny.  That being said, Paradox forcing us to Steam considering that the game is also being distributed on GoG is just silly.  Since I'm in no rush, I'll just wait for Tyranny to go on sale in a couple of years then pick it up.

• Like 2

Rub my belly....you know you want to...give in to the temptation...and don't mind the resulting love scratches and bites.

The fact that the coupon is only redeemable on Steam saddens me greatly.

I wish they would have informed us of this caveat beforehand, but I guess they couldn't afford losing pledges.

I suppose I'll wait a couple of months in hopes that a GOG option is provided, otherwise I won't be buying the game.

• Like 1

The fact that the coupon is only redeemable on Steam saddens me greatly.

I wish they would have informed us of this caveat beforehand, but I guess they couldn't afford losing pledges.

I'm sorry you missed this important piece of information, but they did inform us during the Fig campaign.  One of the problems with the comment section of Fig - important elements get buried quickly.  Nonetheless, this was something that Obsidian informed backers on. 

Edited by mistermannindy
  • Like 5

I wish they would have informed us of this caveat beforehand,

It's in the FAQ : https://www.fig.co/campaigns/deadfire#faq

The last paragraph says that the coupon is "redeemable on Paradox's website for a Steam key". Can't be any clearer. I'm sorry but if you don't even read FAQs I don't know how they could have given that information to you, that's what FAQs are for.

Yeah, this coupon is a joke for anyone outside the US.

The prices in Western Europe (and probably Canada) are pretty much the same as in the US, so it's not only interesting for American people.

Edited by Pinsalinj
  • Like 2

I wish they would have informed us of this caveat beforehand,

The last paragraph says that the coupon is "redeemable on Paradox's website for a Steam key". Can't be any clearer. I'm sorry but if you don't even read FAQs I don't know how they could have given that information to you, that's what FAQs are for.

Yeah, this coupon is a joke for anyone outside the US.

The prices in Western Europe (and probably Canada) are pretty much the same as in the US, so it's not only interesting for American people.

Sorry. "This coupon is a joke for anyone outside of the culturally white world."

Better?

I was disappointed by this as well.

Buying it in USD from Paradox with the 33% coupon saves me maybe 5% over just buying it on Steam at full price in my currency. 

A choice between Steam or GOG would have been cool too.

Oh well.  I'll just have to get it during a regular sale some day.

I think I saw your comment on the Steam forum, looks like Paradox are the ones who made the decision to have coupons for their store (Steam coupons would have been likely more difficult to attain so they went the easy way), I don't think it's Obsidian's fault.

Shame that people from other countries will still have to pay more than buying it off of Steam at full price... and really weird! I guess I should just be thankful that I live in the US since that's where the best sales/prices usually go.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I have this problem too...

I'm from HongKong. The original price of Tyranny is HKD239 = USD30.77

But that is USD44.99 on Paradox Interactive's Store ......

So ..... What currency is used to calculate?

I don't know how they're handling regional currencies.

I would like to know that it is regionalized price or not , if I buy it from Paradox Interactive's Store...

(I would perfer GOG version rather than Steam...)

Paradox Tyranny forum:

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-coupon-is-regionalized-price-or-not.1007364/

Edited by ~Wanderer~

I have this problem too...

I'm from HongKong. The original price of Tyranny is HKD239 = USD30.77

But that is USD44.99 on Paradox Interactive's Store ......

So ..... What currency is used to calculate?

I don't know how they're handling regional currencies.

I would like to know that it is regionalized price or not , if I buy it from Paradox Interactive's Store...

(I would perfer GOG version rather than Steam...)

Paradox Tyranny forum:

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-coupon-is-regionalized-price-or-not.1007364/

Just replied to you on FIG but saw this here too - looks like Paradox only offers the US price on their store ($44.99).

I'm just going to wait for a gog/steam sale down the road (I'd much prefer gog but the steam price is way cheaper even without the coupon from mainland China).

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

While it's easy to just blame Paradox for this. Is it even possible to have a code that unlocks a -50% sale on a game on Steam? It's easy to see why they don't have games on sale on their own store at any other currency than dollars/euros since it would be a big hassle for them to include every market and make sure people don't use VPN to trick their servers to get games at discount prices.

Edited by Flouride

Hate the living, love the dead.

And i've already bought Tyranny, someone from USA needs the coupon? I have no idea where i can use it for many reasons. So if someone needs i can gift it. 

"Magic is Chaos, Art and Science. It is a curse, a blessing and a progression."

Yennefer of Vengerberg

I'm sorry you missed this important piece of information, but they did inform us during the Fig campaign.  One of the problems with the comment section of Fig - important elements get buried quickly.  Nonetheless, this was something that Obsidian informed backers on.

No one can be expected to read the comments on every update; They're basically just white noise. Any information offered in the comment sections might as well have been screamed through the window of Obsidian's studio to similar effect.

The last time I had checked the FAQ, the information wasn't there. And it wasn't exactly a burning question in my mind until way after the campaign had ended, so I had no reason to peruse the FAQ on a regular basis.

Admittedly, this is partly my own fault, but this is the kind of information that should have made it into the updates themselves when it was announced, not into some footnote somewhere. It was a perfectly reasonable assumption that since the game was released on both Steam and GOG, that you would, at the very least, have the option to choose your preferred platform.

I know that this is not Obsidian's fault and there's nothing they can do about it, but it doesn't make me any less salty. A lot of people simply have no use for a Steam code or a coupon on a store with no regional pricing and we were looking forward to it.