UK Terror Attack

BruceVC

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/03/22/europe/uk-parliament-firearms-incident/index.html

This has been a very disturbing development, it appears to  be over 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

This thread will go by script :lol:

Read that EMTs responded in six minutes, that is quite impressive

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Could have been worse, when you remember the truck attack in France. I guess they have started putting up countermeasures in public places. They look kinda like anti tank barricades.

The attack took place near the Houses of Parliament which, I believe, have had those countermeasures in place for most of the duration of the War on Terror (possibly since the 7/7 bombings?). Moreover I'd imagine there are few places in the UK with faster armed response times, which may be why the attack was stopped relatively quickly.

probably some crazy Pole attacked because of Brexit

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Some pothead watched too much V for Vendetta and felt triggered by the rise of nationalism?

Edited by Ben No.3

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

Sensationalist papers like the mirror are though to trust, especially this early after the event.

EDIT: apparently BBC has it?

Edited by Ben No.3

And everybody knows

Sensationalist papers like the mirror are though to trust, especially this early after the event.

Ah. Volo was right. Linking is useless because source will always be questioned.
Not if the source is reliable. Sensationalist papers like the mirror, I tend to distrust. Papers like the economist, I tend to trust.

Besides, questioning sources is a good and necessary practice.

Edited by Ben No.3

And everybody knows

Ah. Volo was right. Linking is useless because source will always be questioned.

You are saying that because you are Pole, this is obvious Pole conspiracy

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Yep, so far so good.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

You are saying that because you are Pole, this is obvious Pole conspiracy

Hey just because our dictator was set to meet UK PM at the time and our former foreign affairs minister was at the site it doesn't mean... well it doesn't look good is it?

Abu was Pole sympathiser, there will be polish flags all over his flat for sure

Why are you all doing this song and dance, of course it's going to be a radical islamist. I mean 99% of that. Doesn't make you a racist you know.

Guess they want to feel oppressed somehow.

Apparently Izzadeen isn't the attacker. http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/westminster-terror-suspect-revealed-who-abu-izzadeen-1613176

Edited by Malcador

Could have been worse, when you remember the truck attack in France. I guess they have started putting up countermeasures in public places. They look kinda like anti tank barricades.

The attack took place near the Houses of Parliament which, I believe, have had those countermeasures in place for most of the duration of the War on Terror (possibly since the 7/7 bombings?). Moreover I'd imagine there are few places in the UK with faster armed response times, which may be why the attack was stopped relatively quickly.

Some of the counter measures, especially in really prominent targets like the PoW, date back as far as The Troubles as a way to stop IRA car bombs. Parliament would have pretty close to instant response times as there are armed police stationed there on a permanent basis. For a Nice style attack it's actually a poor area to target for that reason.

• Like 2

Some of the counter measures, especially in really prominent targets like the PoW, date back as far as The Troubles as a way to stop IRA car bombs. Parliament would have pretty close to instant response times as there are armed police stationed there on a permanent basis. For a Nice style attack it's actually a poor area to target for that reason.

Indeed, one of my first thoughts when reading about this attack was "that was a stupid choice of target".

It's not necessarily racist to assume Islamic extremism may be involved when a terror attack happens, but the practice of NOT jumping to conclusions is sorely lacking in the world we live in, and worth practicing.

I like how hard Sharp_one is trying though. He is committed at least. 

• Like 2

"Doesn't make you a racist you know. "

Of course it isn't racist. even if one stats all Muslims are evil, that still isn't racist. Islamis NOT  a race. It's a religion. No more than hating on Christians, Catholics, etc. is racist. They ain't races they are religions.

Not all MEers/Arabs are Muslims and not all Muslims are MEers/Arab.

As for the actual attack. Whoever did it - be they some Muslim ahole or some Christian ahole or some other type of ahole - they are still a piece of crap no matter their 'motivation' or 'excuse'.

FRY THEM.

PERIOD.

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.