The 'Sidian Tyranny thread

Rosbjerg

That sucks - how did it break him?

It reset him to my main character level wiping all his inventory and resetting all his skills, then after I respec him it completely wiped out all his skills and only left like 3 random ones. So know I have an useless LV 35 Barik and am missing 2 artifacts. This is just the last drop on a cup that has been steadily filling, I might have to go way back to an earlier save and see if that fixes it but unless support comes out for this game I'm losing some faith in Obsidian. Between this and the ridiculous portrait pack I'm thinking that they're trying to ruin this game.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I had a similar thing happen to Lantry, I noticed it and reloaded the autosave, so nothing was lost - but I lost patience with Bastard's Wound pretty quickly too. I had to reroll saves several times due to bugs - and many of the new quest structures are very poorly explained/examplified. I got through it in the end and enjoyed the story, but it did leave me a little jaded as well.

Paradox is partly to blame here though - as a publisher they are overly fond of meaningless DLC, which they use to fund the more expensive DLC in their development cycles. I can understand the rationale, but they always overprice them. Their bigger DLCs are being shipped with less and less content too however, like Bastard's Wound, with the 15€/$ pricetag. Often breaking the base game in some way... Stellaris and Crusader Kings 2 are becoming horror pieces of bad code and feature creep.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

ridiculous portrait pack

paradoxinteractive.pub

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I'm very slowly chewing my way through Tyranny but after eight hours I can safely say that I find this world far (farrrr!) more interesting than PoE's.  Great characters too, though the voice acting really struggles to convey this.

Also still impressed by how slick the PoE engine has become  8)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey, does anyone know how many times you get a chance to betray your alliance in Act 2 ?

Been thinking about doing so as late as possible...

I don't know but I think that it is better to get it done earlier rather than later, it doesn't actually affect the game in terms of difficulty and you don't get extra quests.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif