Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The 'Sidian Tyranny thread

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

Hawke64

Hawke64

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Steam:Hawke_404
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Hi guys, quick question. How exactly do you reach the Bastard's Wound area? I read somewhere else that I'm supposed to get a missive, but even after doing some quests I still haven't gotten anything. I'm on the Disfavored path and currently in the Stone Sea. This is my first time playing Tyranny so I have no idea when Act 3 starts, but this should still be Act 2 right?

Also, even though I definitely installed the expansion, my game still says v1.0.3.0031, while the expansion .exe says 1.2.0.0079.

Help?

There was a bug in this version (fixed in v.1.2.1.0.0121). I suggest to update the game (GOG version, I assume?) or to read https://forum.parado...gering.1043001/

Fixed it by downloading and installing the most recent base game.

So upon loading my game I immediately got the Verse and Barik quests. Does Lantry's quest require anything specific?

The first part is to collect the Chronicle as the Sage, who sent the missive, asked; the second becomes available at the beginning of Act III (completion of part I/Truth and Reconciliation is required).

Pope

Pope

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1371 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Hi guys, quick question. How exactly do you reach the Bastard's Wound area? I read somewhere else that I'm supposed to get a missive, but even after doing some quests I still haven't gotten anything. I'm on the Disfavored path and currently in the Stone Sea. This is my first time playing Tyranny so I have no idea when Act 3 starts, but this should still be Act 2 right?

Also, even though I definitely installed the expansion, my game still says v1.0.3.0031, while the expansion .exe says 1.2.0.0079.

Help?

There was a bug in this version (fixed in v.1.2.1.0.0121). I suggest to update the game (GOG version, I assume?) or to read https://forum.parado...gering.1043001/

Fixed it by downloading and installing the most recent base game.

Just tried applying the latest patch and I'm getting the same problem. Patch says it installed correctly but game menu still shows previous version.

Anyone know of this issue?

Downloaded the patch after I encountered a bug in the Jaspos / Reef-Talon quest which I can't seem to finish.

algroth

algroth

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 583 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I'm also stuck with a game-breaking bug of my own, it seems... I can't seem to change party members, doing so makes my formation go haywire (refusing to remove characters from the party and adding one or two characters only, creating multiple copies of Verse, and disparities between the party management interface and the people *actually* in my party - not to mention the occasional doppelgangers appearing in the party management interface too), and following that my game will just refuse to load a new area. I'm just stuck in a loading screen. Anyone heard of an issue like this?

Edited by algroth, 24 September 2017 - 08:20 AM.

Orogun01

Orogun01

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3580 posts

Damn this DLC is buggy, any word on whether they will support it?

Orogun01

Orogun01

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3580 posts

Ok, DLC broke Barik and I had already had a game breaking bug and restarted but now I just say **** this buggy piece of ****. Tyranny was fine but now I'm having second thoughts due to the DLC.

Rosbjerg

Rosbjerg

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 4929 posts

That sucks - how did it break him?

Orogun01

Orogun01

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3580 posts

That sucks - how did it break him?

It reset him to my main character level wiping all his inventory and resetting all his skills, then after I respec him it completely wiped out all his skills and only left like 3 random ones. So know I have an useless LV 35 Barik and am missing 2 artifacts. This is just the last drop on a cup that has been steadily filling, I might have to go way back to an earlier save and see if that fixes it but unless support comes out for this game I'm losing some faith in Obsidian. Between this and the ridiculous portrait pack I'm thinking that they're trying to ruin this game.

Rosbjerg

Rosbjerg

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 4929 posts

I had a similar thing happen to Lantry, I noticed it and reloaded the autosave, so nothing was lost - but I lost patience with Bastard's Wound pretty quickly too. I had to reroll saves several times due to bugs - and many of the new quest structures are very poorly explained/examplified. I got through it in the end and enjoyed the story, but it did leave me a little jaded as well.

Paradox is partly to blame here though - as a publisher they are overly fond of meaningless DLC, which they use to fund the more expensive DLC in their development cycles. I can understand the rationale, but they always overprice them. Their bigger DLCs are being shipped with less and less content too however, like Bastard's Wound, with the 15€/$ pricetag. Often breaking the base game in some way... Stellaris and Crusader Kings 2 are becoming horror pieces of bad code and feature creep.

• Orogun01 likes this

Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1519 posts
  • Steam:Ask!

ridiculous portrait pack

paradoxinteractive.pub

WDeranged

WDeranged

Ordinator of The Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1885 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

I'm very slowly chewing my way through Tyranny but after eight hours I can safely say that I find this world far (farrrr!) more interesting than PoE's.  Great characters too, though the voice acting really struggles to convey this.

Also still impressed by how slick the PoE engine has become  8)

• Orogun01 and Hawke64 like this

Pope

Pope

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1371 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

So I finished Tyranny for the first time this week.

Liked it but the combat was definitely too easy (and I played on hard). Is it more challenging on PotD?

Messier-31

Messier-31

(12) Mage

• Members
  • 1855 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Hey, does anyone know how many times you get a chance to betray your alliance in Act 2 ?

Been thinking about doing so as late as possible...

Edited by Messier-31, 14 November 2017 - 12:13 PM.

Orogun01

Orogun01

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3580 posts

Hey, does anyone know how many times you get a chance to betray your alliance in Act 2 ?

Been thinking about doing so as late as possible...

I don't know but I think that it is better to get it done earlier rather than later, it doesn't actually affect the game in terms of difficulty and you don't get extra quests.

• Messier-31 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users