RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

There needs to be more games with Dinosaurs. I wish we could get a new Turok game.

I'd be more interested in a new Trespasser game :)

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Holy sheeet, I just found a FNV mod that adds hotkeys for the map screen, quest screen, etc. Awesome. This is what I was waiting for years long.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

The classic action rpg called "Silver" is now available..

This is still one of my favorite rpg's of all time. I played it on Dreamcast and instantly fell in love with it. Nice to see available again. Next can we have "Revenant"?

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

The classic action rpg called "Silver" is now available..

This is still one of my favorite rpg's of all time. I played it on Dreamcast and instantly fell in love with it. Nice to see available again. Next can we have "Revenant"?

I have played that on PC - was really far in it and then game bugged on me and I was never been able to finish it :(

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Silver was already available back in 2012 on gog, it might have been there even sooner actually. Not sure if all game breaking bugs were patched out though. There were still troubles with the bell afaik.

Revenant is an unfinished thing with impressive combat mechanincs that you don't really use to their full potential because of it's rushed development. Still practice and boss fights were fun.  It was also nice that you could dispatch enemies with unique OHKO moves once you leveled up past them though. Squashing small spiders, impaling larger spiders, beheading bandits,...  Should stay where it is.

Edited by Majek
  • Like 2

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Victor Vran is a pretty fun game.  I'm looking forward to the 2 new DLCs to jump back into the game.  

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I haven't played this new Steam version of Silver. From my understanding THQ Nordic has updated the coding and added some things. If I remember correctly, they are going to add controller support as well. I think this new version is only on Steam but it may come to GoG as well. It's nice that they are ironing out the bugs and adding some new features, perhaps THQ Nordic is going to be come the next Beamdog.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/606680/discussions/0/1291817837624526888/

For now the main gripe on the Steam forums is that this kind of support and care has never been shown to the GoG version so GoG users are angry and trying to pass ot off as an "inferior" version for whatever reason. For ex. THQ Nordic supoort is going next level: Mac users who were experiencing problems and posted in forums, THQ Nordic redpomded by pushing an update that was released the next day so the support and customer service is truly impeccable. Clearly this version is far superior unless you are using a pc that's running Windows XP. Personally, me, I'll be buying it soon, $4.79 at the moment from $5.99. The differences are great but not damaging to the original game's vision from what I gather. Have fun! :D

Edit: I love Victor Vran, I was sad when I completed the game cuz I really found myself wanting more. It was a much better game than The Adventures Of Van Helsing imo and I can't wait for the Motorhead dlc to finally release.

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Had to add this:

I'd rather have a new game with the old graphics, but I'll take that.

As long as they manage to hold back on "improving" the actual gameplay I'm down for this as changing the gameplay of a classic is always risky and more likey than not controversial.

That said I'd love, love, love a "fixed version" of KotOR2 with improved graphics (as in, with the cut content put back in so the ending at least makes some semblance of sense).

• Like 1

Had to add this:

I'd rather have a new game with the old graphics, but I'll take that.

As long as they manage to hold back on "improving" the actual gameplay I'm down for this as changing the gameplay of a classic is always risky and more likey than not controversial.

That said I'd love, love, love a "fixed version" of KotOR2 with improved graphics (as in, with the cut content put back in so the ending at least makes some semblance of sense).

Well there is a fan-mod "fixed version" with the old graphics - Just in case you had missed it: http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-sith-lords-restored-content-mod-tslrcm/

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Yeah, the new fixed version of Kotor 2 is definitely better than the original release. I'm glad they officially applied the "Restored Content Mod" because that's how the original was supposed to be in the first place - had it not been rushed.

The only problem I have with it is that the controller support was wonky and I mean, the console versions of Kotor had a much better control scheme with controller than pc did with keyboard and mouse.

Edited by SonicMage117

The only problem I have with it is that the controller support was wonky and I mean, the console versions of Kotor had a much better control scheme with controller than pc did with keyboard and mouse.

Considering that all you need with KB&M is the W key and the mouse, even I didn't need to use the controller and I play every action game with a controller.
  • Like 1

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Considering that all you need with KB&M is the W key and the mouse, even I didn't need to use the controller and I play every action game with a controller.
True but..

It's dependent on the mouse you have though. For my Alienware Alpha, I use a Bluetooth keyboard with a mousepad where the numpad usually is so it's extremely uncomfortable for mouse and keyboard games. I suppose I could buy a wireless mouse but.... that would defeat the purpose. So I usually play mouse and keyboard games when I am on my primary gaming pc.

I'm very excited for this (Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2)

https://youtu.be/TZp3WsNXIUY

I've played just about every Lego game out there and what I love that every Lego game looks the same but is very different.

In Lego Hobbit, the focus was on crafting items, in Lego Jurassic world, the focus was on creating new dinosaurs via dna convexor, etc. Every Lego game has something that drastically sets it apart from the rest and I'm more excited for this one than any Lego game I've ever been.

They mention that they're not changing the combat, which I understand, but find disappointing.  I found the combat in KotOR to be abysmal.  It's the one thing I would most want changed, even before the graphics.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Combat is a bit simplistic once you learn that stuff (it was like my first or second RPG) but I found it goes well with the breezy style of the game. What kind of combat would you substitute it with?

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

KotOR's combat is turn-based pretending to be "real-time". What it winds up being is really messy, unstructured, clunky lookin turn-based combat. I hate when developers try to disguise turn-based combat as RTwP or do some kind of hybrid (Arcanum). Commit fully to one or the other. Either actually make the combat real-time or make proper, structured turn-based that doesn't wear a cheap disguise.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

KotOR's combat is turn-based pretending to be "real-time". What it winds up being is really messy, unstructured, clunky lookin turn-based combat. I hate when developers try to disguise turn-based combat as RTwP or do some kind of hybrid (Arcanum). Commit fully to one or the other. Either actually make the combat real-time or make proper, structured turn-based that doesn't wear a cheap disguise.

The problem with that is actual real-time is player reflex based, which a lot of RPG players don't particularly appreciate and is not very RPGish. And real turn-based is too heavy for some games, KOTOR probably being the best example. So IMO that's a more valid criticism for something like POE, not KOTOR. But ironically POE/NWN2 combat isn't bad.