RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

Expiditions: Viking is out today on Steam and GOG

Well, on Steam at least. GOG still says coming soon but has today as the release date

This might well become my only Day 1 purchase of the year, along with Battle Brothers. Glad they've improved on the formula, and hope they get enough sales to keep making.

I dunno, I remember Blackguards, the last turn based hex game I played. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Wooot? mICROMACHINES!!!

Yes indeedy! And the pre-orders are doing well, appearently this was the most requested franchise in Code Masters forums so they got the licenses back and did it up!

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Wooot? mICROMACHINES!!!

Yes indeedy! And the pre-orders are doing well, appearently this was the most requested franchise in Code Masters forums so they gor the licenses back and did it up!

now give me new ignition and I will be in heaven

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Constructor (game from the 90's) is back but with totally new graphics engine and a load of new content!

So think Simcity but with some GTA flair and you have Constructor. Coming to pc, Xb1, PS4.

Best of all, it's only $29.99!!!

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Nintendo is releasing a new DS model soon..

The NEW 2DS XL with more processing power than ever before.

I miss Twisted Metal. :(

Twisted Metal 2 was our jam back in the day.  I usually played as either Sweet Tooth or Thumper.  Good times.

Edit:  Interstate 76, still the best car combat game ever, though.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 5

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Loved both those games, another one that was great was Vigilante 8. It was awesome for its open environments, the game had scale.

• Like 4

Interstate 76, still the best car combat game ever, though.

Ohh, interstate! I loved that game, the only thing that came close was Streets of Sim City

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Well, on Steam at least. GOG still says coming soon but has today as the release date

Not "soon" anymore. It was released there 10 hours ago as well.

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I played the hell out of that on the PS1, split sceen multiplayer

Twisted Metal 2 was our jam back in the day.  I usually played as either Sweet Tooth or Thumper.  Good times.

We played it over and over, disappointed if we didn't beat it. I was always Mr. Grimm and my wife was Spectre.

don't forget Rogue Trip!

• Like 2
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Look what I've done... I've turned this thread into a car combat game thread lol

Rogue Trip was pretty sweet, if I remember correctly it had that hip Ska soundtrack :)

Yeah, I've been playing most of the day

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Not sure if we have many RTS fans here or City Building players but looks like the new Constructor remaster is no longer going to GoG.

But it will be on PS4, XB1 and Steam.

Edited by SonicMage117

Loved both those games, another one that was great was Vigilante 8. It was awesome for its open environments, the game had scale.

Man, the nostalgia trip is real. Played this like crazy back in the days. At home and even at my local video game store. We used to gather there and ask the owner to put the game in the demo station. Not only did he accept, he used to set up tournaments.

• Like 2

Interstate '76 is still the best. Never liked any other car combat games, because they were either over the top or just didn't had the same kind of "real" feeling that Interstate '76 gave me.

It makes me mad how we probably won't ever get some sort of HD remake of that game. New light engine, better shadows, better terrain graphics, more detailed cars, particle effects for dust when going off the road... that's all I need, really. Everything else can remain as is. Well, ok, maybe higher resolution cutscenes too.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Looks like the new Constructor remaster is no longer going to GoG.

Source? It's always nice when they also remaster the DRM.
http://www.system3.com/constructor-still-under-construction/

They removed it from the platforms on theor page. I'm pretty sure the Steam version will be drm-free :) I'll ask to make sure though.

Enjoying it a fair bit, even though I think going from the resource management / map exploration / events mix of the first game to a more standard RPG style hasn't really helped the game. We're lucky to have plenty of reasonably 'tactical' RPGs / pseudo-RPGs, some turn based, some with survival mechanisms, etc., alongside more actiony fare these days. The combat, more or less, retains the quite very fun formula they worked out with the first game.

The Strafe trailers are epic.

Very Judge Dredd-ish.

It's nice to finally see Darksiders 3. I'm not sure if I lie the main protagonist, at first glance she doesn't have that "wow" or "cool" factor that I see in War or Death. Maybe the gameplay will win me over though.

Edited by SonicMage117