RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

ES6 is coming out i 2019 or 2020? I'd say don't bother. That would be at least eight years after Skyrim. The title would be irrelevant then. If they feel the Elder Scrolls is creatively exhausted then they should just retire the title. 

Wasn't there a pretty big gap between Morrowind and Oblivion?

Anyways, ESO is still going strong and churning out new content, so clearly they are still invested in the property. 

Oblivion and Skryim had a 7 year gap (2006 to 2013); Skyrim and ES6 if it comes out in 2019 with have a 6 year gap.  Daggerfall and Morrowind (1996 to 2002) also had a 6 year gap.

Seems to me Daggerfall (2 years from Arena) and Oblivion (4 years from Morrowind) are the exceptions in the series. (Battlespire and Redguard I'm not counting as part of the main line).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

This Morrowind addon for TESO will be released in a few months. Probably going to check it out, even though I am scared of how they raped the lore. :>

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

This Morrowind addon for TESO will be released in a few months. Probably going to check it out, even though I am scared of how they raped the lore. :>

I'm sort of curious myself, but I keep asking myself if I'm curious enough to give Zenimax my hard earned dough.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I didn't care for ESO even at 10 bucks

If I could give you my account I would

:wub:

It's the thought that counts!

Edited by Azdeus
  • Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Impressive, but there aren't really any games on xbox this gen that i want to play. Not yet at least. And the question how expensive it'll be still remains.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Neat, that should help push PC graphics forward some.

(e): Well, sort of. That CPU is still pretty crappy, and not much different from the Xbox One/PS4 CPU. Although I guess it continues to help with multithread gaming, which is finally starting to gain some traction...

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Impressive, but there aren't really any games on xbox this gen that i want to play. Not yet at least. And the question how expensive it'll be still remains.

That and I am not sure how it's going to cope with the Xbox One.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

4K Blu-ray playback is neat and is a genuine selling point over the PS4 Pro (which I guess lacks the support because Sony don't want to cannibalise sales of their standalone players). However if they set too much of a price premium then the sensible option might be a PS4 Pro + Xbone S instead.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I have a PS4 and a low to mid-range PC for my gaming needs. I would buy myself an Xbox Scorpio since I am sure it will be less than 600$ but the Xbox Marketplace is a real hassle to deal with where I live(Tehran). Last time I checked you needed a credit card if you wanted to make digital purchases. Steam is better because I can buy pre-paid cards online and make purchases from steam so there is more incentive for me at this point to save some more money and invest in a high-end beast of a rig.

PS4 is the best option for me right now since physical copies are pretty easy to purchase and the online store has no hassle whatsoever. Just buy a pre-paid card, redeem it on PS Store and voilà! You're good to go.

Yesterday I bought Sword Coast Legends from the US PS Store for only 7 bucks! I'll give it a -digital- whirl once the Dragon Age: Origins nostalgia sets in. :)

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Expeditions: Vikings is looking very polished and improved since my time in the last beta, can't wait to go a Viking on the 27th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lR3-n5QUU3Q

I do hope that the game is successful, and hopefully more devs will realise that history and verisimilitude are worth taking advantage of, rather than sticking with the usual idiotic nonsense we have to tolerate in most degenerated games.

Edit: Any news on Mr Sawyer's pseudo Darklands pitch?

Edited by Nonek
  • Like 6

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

4K Blu-ray playback is neat and is a genuine selling point over the PS4 Pro (which I guess lacks the support because Sony don't want to cannibalise sales of their standalone players). However if they set too much of a price premium then the sensible option might be a PS4 Pro + Xbone S instead.

Really? I've never even seen a 4K Blu-Ray. They don't seem to sell them anywhere in Sweden. Renting stuff has been dead since the nineties..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I have a PS4 and a low to mid-range PC for my gaming needs. I would buy myself an Xbox Scorpio since I am sure it will be less than 600$ but the Xbox Marketplace is a real hassle to deal with where I live(Tehran). Last time I checked you needed a credit card if you wanted to make digital purchases. Steam is better because I can buy pre-paid cards online and make purchases from steam so there is more incentive for me at this point to save some more money and invest in a high-end beast of a rig.

PS4 is the best option for me right now since physical copies are pretty easy to purchase and the online store has no hassle whatsoever. Just buy a pre-paid card, redeem it on PS Store and voilà! You're good to go.

Yesterday I bought Sword Coast Legends from the US PS Store for only 7 bucks! I'll give it a -digital- whirl once the Sragon Age: Origin nostalgia sets in. :)

Thanks for letting me know about Sword Coast. Didn't see that it was on sale. Good price for it and hope the controls are decent.

Scorpio looks like a nice upgrade but I think Microsoft have to be very good about pricing. They are down two to one this gen and could make up a good amount of ground with an upgraded console at a "decent" price point

• Like 1

Apocalypse Now to be like New Vegas. Sounds like you can side with Kurtz. Also it's Phantom, not Falcon, and it didn't have the Vulcan gun. http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2017/04/06/apocalypse-now-game-director-were-making-a-game-for-the-45-other-states-hollywood-doesnt-care-about/

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Apocalypse Now to be like New Vegas. Sounds like you can side with Kurtz. Also it's Phantom, not Falcon, and it didn't have the Vulcan gun. http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2017/04/06/apocalypse-now-game-director-were-making-a-game-for-the-45-other-states-hollywood-doesnt-care-about/

Other than the weird clickbait title, it was good to see they referenced Heart of Darkness and have a pretty good pedigree of titles to pull from for inspiration. 

Call of Duty is arguably designed specifically for the other 45 (where does that number even come from?) states. It's all about patriotism and America. This seems a lot more niche than that.

is this the Twilight Zone?
0UQLDS0OQOM.jpg

• Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.