What are you playing right now?

Rosbjerg

Playing Mass Effect 1 on the PS3. 

Still fun to mess around with different weapons and mods, gonna go for that 'one-hit kill low accuracy' shotgun setup again.

Never played the first ME or any for tha matter, I'm going to be startinf ME2 on pc (soon). It's the only one I have of the series, atm.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Never played the first ME or any for tha matter, I'm going to be startinf ME2 on pc (soon). It's the only one I have of the series, atm.

Your avatar made me buy Hyper Light Drifter.

Bastard.

NICE!

Hope you like it, the story behind it is very sad. Has to do with the developer being sick and the strange thing is, you can kinda feel tha eerieness while playing the game. I really like the Drifter though, he's an awesome character :)

Edit:

Here's a video all about it in case you're curious...

https://youtu.be/NUT5SBZkVys

Edited by SonicMage117
  • Like 2

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Still fun to mess around with different weapons and mods, gonna go for that 'one-hit kill low accuracy' shotgun setup again.

Perfect choice, I'd say overall it's the best of the 3 since it has aged well and the story is not tied to the first game that much, but playing the first game and transfering your saves to second game can be its own reward. ME 3 can feel a bit disappointing especially if you play the games in order but it isn't bad by any means.

• Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Perfect choice, I'd say overall it's the best of the 3 since it has aged well and the story is not tied to the first game that much, but playing the first game and transfering your saves to second game can be its own reward. ME 3 can feel a bit disappointing especially if you play the games in order but it isn't bad by any means.

Playing ME2 first will ruin the revelations from ME1 though. Which were kind of part of the appeal. I wouldn't recommend playing them out of order, personally.

• Like 2

Well, considering that most people here played Fallout 2 before Fallout 1(something that still baffles me to this day...) I guess that won't be a problem. :p

to be fair, there is very little connection between F1 and F2

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Well, considering that most people here played Fallout 2 before Fallout 1(something that still baffles me to this day...) I guess that won't be a problem. :p

Did most people here play Fallout 2 before Fallout? How did you reach that conclusion? I played Fallout first.

As for Mass Effect, if you never intend to get the first game, go ahead and play ME2. Otherwise, I would very much recommend playing the first game first. Not only are the 3 games in the trilogy very connected, it also have by far the best story and is the best RPG (arguably, the only true RPG) of the trilogy. The downside, ME1's shooter mechanics are garbage.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 4

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

What ?? No. Maybe those younger than 30 but i'm pretty sure most of the old farts that have been around since BIS boards played F1 first.  But the game were released under a year apart so it's not really that surprising that people played 2 before 1.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Did most people here play Fallout 2 before Fallout? How did you reach that conclusion? I played Fallout first.

As for Mass Effect, if you never intend to get the first game, go ahead and play ME2. Otherwise, I would very much recommend playing the first game first. Not only are the 3 games in the trilogy very connected, it also have by far the best story and is the best RPG (arguably, the only true RPG) of the trilogy. The downside, ME1's shooter mechanics are garbage.

I second this. The first game I played and beat within 54 hours with only 2 naps in between. Really enjoyed it.

The second one was good but was disappointed they went and pulled a Bethesda and made the action part better while limiting and cutting back the rpgness. I beat it but didn't enjoy it as much as the first one.

Third one was quite a bit of a mess imho to me. It's like they went full retard and sex nuts strong focusing on combat aspects and story and rpg feel was an after thought. Decent action game.

Thimbleweed Park is downloading as I type this.

I've started with this one, too. It's great.

Yeah, I'm about an hour into the game and I already love it.  I spent several minutes just drinking from a water fountain, and I giggled the whole time.  Ron Gilbert's brand of humor still delivers.

• Like 3

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Thimbleweed Park is downloading as I type this.

I've started with this one, too. It's great.

Yeah, I'm about an hour into the game and I already love it.  I spent several minutes just drinking from a water fountain, and I giggled the whole time.  Ron Gilbert's brand of humor still delivers.
Ron Gilbert's humor is hard to match, imo there's only one person above him and that's Tim Schafer!

I have just started Chapter 11 in Tales of Xillia 2 NG+. I have already full roster. I really love, that you can make your party from 9 characters, so I am always alternating and playing with different character. And all of the characters have their own quest stories. And still no need for grinding, unless you want to. I miss so much the times, when games still had lot of sidequest with stories around them :(

MMO type questing just ruins the enjoyment of most games for me, most of the time :(

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Thimbleweed Park is so *bleeping* good!  I've been trying to quantify which LucasArts game it most reminds me of and I think I've nailed it down.  Thimbleweed Park is the body of Maniac Mansion as inhabited by the spirit of Monkey Island.  I feel like a kid again playing this game, I just have this goofy grin plastered on my face the whole time and I'm eager to talk to everyone and pixel hunt for everything and interact with every possible object in every possible way because Ron Gilbert you beautiful bastard.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Thimbleweed Park is so *bleeping* good!  I've been trying to quantify which LucasArts game it most reminds me of and I think I've nailed it down.  Thimbleweed Park is the body of Maniac Mansion as inhabited by the spirit of Monkey Island.  I feel like a kid again playing this game, I just have this goofy grin plastered on my face the whole time and I'm eager to talk to everyone and pixel hunt for everything and interact with every possible object in every possible way because Ron Gilbert you beautiful bastard.

Looks kind of fun. After searching through let's play videos with the goofiest sounding people on the planet doing commentary, found a no commentary one to get a sense of it. I'll probably pick it up later on.

Looks kind of fun. After searching through let's play videos with the goofiest sounding people on the planet doing commentary, found a no commentary one to get a sense of it. I'll probably pick it up later on.

For what it's worth, here's my let's play of the game.  I don't try to be goofy, I don't do weird voices or a shtick or anything like that, I just say my stream of consciousness out loud, unfiltered.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

One of the few games with an interesting story you actually care about.

I think we've been playing different games...

If there's one thing that's really incredibly crappy about Dying Light, it's the boss fights.

For each of them (only 2 of them in the base game thankfully, Following seems to have learned thus far), the game'll take away all of your equipment and weapons and sticks you with a default weapon, closes you in an arena in a game that's designed around avoiding majority of its encounters, and then lets you fight a more or less meele battle against an opponent that's only interesting by having insane amounts of HP and damage done.

And, just to make matters worse, when you die, the game subtracts some XP from you (to the point of getting all the way back to 0 of your current level) and then immediately respawns you in the same arena with the boss, with all the damage you have done to him and everything. So the boss fight basically becomes an endurance fight of how long you're willing to take the game's **** so that you can get to more good bits.

I'm... Just not entirely sure how did that ever make it past QA. It's so very obviously one of those "It's a video game with combat so it has to have boss fights in it for reasons" things.

• Like 1