What are you playing right now?

Rosbjerg

Trying to make my city fun in Skylines but I end up making habitation blocks with services laid out as needed. So you have a grade school near a cemetery and a hospital. Or a police station near a park and a bus terminal.

Bah.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The ending of Prey I got/choose was so ... anticlimactic.  I didn't even get a trophy for finishing the game!

What, did you jump in the escape pod and leave everyone behind?

No.  I chose the save everyone in a shuttle approach.  And from what I've seen, I saved everyone I could save and still didn't get recognition for it.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

No.  I chose the save everyone in a shuttle approach.  And from what I've seen, I saved everyone I could save and still didn't get recognition for it.

Prey's ending is going to be divisive, no question about that - nonetheless, it makes perfect narrative sense and has been alluded to repeatedly throughout the game. Including the game hammering in the information of why is it a big deal and what makes your individual actions worthwhile. I don't really want to say a lot more, but all in all, it's difficult for me to imagine a more elegant way of completely tying the story up (seriously, if Bethesda pushes for a sequel continuing the same storyline, meaning of the ending would be lost entirely)

Here is the pc that I built for 4k gaming...

••• PC1 Custom Desktop •••

Cpu: AMD Vashira 8-Core @4.5ghz

Gpu: nVidia 1080ti (8gb)

System Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB DDR3-2400

Storage: Samsung 750 EVO 500GB 2.5" SSD +Seagate 4TB 3.5" HDD

Case: NZXT Phantom P240 (Mystic Black) ATX-Mid

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA GS 650W 80+ Gold Certified ATX (Fully Modular)

SNIP

I'm wondering why my ultra low-end 860m laptop gpu outperforms the 1050ti when playing The Division which is by far one of the more demanding tests anyone has done between the two gpu's. You don't have to respond with a page of info, I was just wondering (not asking) ;)

You say a claim but share a link with proof before I believe anything of that.There exists of course exceptions some games are better optimised for some graphic cards. You have only a comment and no proof send a link of professional done testing.

In addition Nvidia 1050 TI is newer hardware and get better drivers in time. Nvidia 1080 8 GB DDR5 is a monster graphic card while Nvidia 1050 Ti 4 GB DDR5 is budget gaming graphic card. I am happy with my computer. You know is USA prices are cheaper but I got mine for 815 euro super discount so for the performance/price I am very satisfied. I have played all games on max settings FULL HD though no have not tried and not interested in The Division or any other very demanding game unless you consider Battlefield 3 as very demanding.

I tend to buy games when I get them on considerable discount. First person shooters not so interested but Call of Duty World War II which is not realistic and has fantasy&horror elements with zombie soldiers combined with World War II and nazis (and according to unreliable hype excellent story) might interest me. Call of Duty World War II  is released likely towards end of 2017 and not saying it is some super game and I will read reviews before I consider buying any game. That is the only game that worries me a bit honestly what performance it might have on my computer. If it demands super much well fine then I don't buy it.

Edited by Terminator

Prey's ending is going to be divisive, no question about that - nonetheless, it makes perfect narrative sense and has been alluded to repeatedly throughout the game. Including the game hammering in the information of why is it a big deal and what makes your individual actions worthwhile. I don't really want to say a lot more, but all in all, it's difficult for me to imagine a more elegant way of completely tying the story up (seriously, if Bethesda pushes for a sequel continuing the same storyline, meaning of the ending would be lost entirely)

No, I just meant I didn't get rewarded with any sort of trophy or achievement for completing the game, like you do in every other game.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Speaking of, I wish you could disable achievements entirely on Steam...

• Like 2

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Speaking of, I wish you could disable achievements entirely on Steam...

Heresy!

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

They're annoying. It's like they're there just to make me think I haven't completed a game when I would otherwise be perfectly satisfied with what I've done. Even worse, achievements are usually a combination of "do just basic completion things throughout the game", "do interesting/difficult to perform things", and "do insanely tedious and dull things that take forever/way too many tries". It'd be nice if games made up their mind as to what they wanted achievements to be instead of this hodgepodge of random things.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Most of them are just for statistical tracking, when the player puts the game on shelf. Nothing else. They just want to know, how many people see their content. The rest is just challenge for completionists.

Oh god, I so wish I could disable the visible achievement stuff. I also never need this crap.

• Like 3

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I'm weird when it comes to achievements/trophies. I loathe them on PC but they're part of the experience on consoles. Though admittedly i don't care as much for them as i used to in ps3 era.

So i like that about GOG galaxy, you can turn achievements off as well as game time tracking and overlay bull****.

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Same with me. I love them on console, I don't care about them on PC.

Same with me. I love them on console, I don't care about them on PC.

I am not a hater of Console and one of my real life friends that used to play on PC nowadays uses Console only for gaming. That said actually sometimes I have thought about console as excellent perfomance/price and generally very good performance.

My main grip with Console is that the games tend to be very expensive when you buy them. If I would ever buy a Console then I would buy a used one with someone having like 20 console games selling them all cheaply in a package.

I paid for my performance/budget laptop 815 euros and then I bought for example Battlefield 3 that has excellent graphics considering it is so old game for 8 euro+shipping costs. I did pay for Pillars of Eternity like 20 euro and from a shop and not the expensive Steam price and same thing did my brother he bought it for 20 euro. I bought Heroes of Might and 6 really cheaply don't remember price, but this due to fact that newest Heroes of Might 7 have bad reviews and was done with very low budget.

I have played for free these MMO:S on my new laptop: Neverwinter MMO, Tera, Blade and Soul. I have played Neverwinter MMO before my new laptop and I have managed to get the fastest mount as a 100% free player. I only tried Tera and Blade and Soul but I did not like them. I have also played War Thunder for free. Neverwinter MMO that does support both PC and consoles is most to my liking, but I stopped playing it since it is TIME SINK and gets a bit repetitive in the long run.

Please note that I respect all Console and PC gamer's and I hate neither group, but for now I am happy with my performance/price laptop.

Edited by Terminator

Graphics in a game is last thing I care about. I still play SNES and PSX games nowadays and most of them are for me much better fun than any graphics dependent current gen game. And laptop for me is a no go, because I rather sit on my sofa and play on my 46" TV, than on 15-17" laptopscreen or 22-24" monitor.

Rather than buying expensive notebook/pc and monitor, I purchase a console and quality big TV.

• Like 1

****Snip***

*Sigh*... Why bother? You'd just contest whatever I post with a wall of text, right?

And no, 1050ti won't get much better than 860m gtx, the 860m gtx is a DirectX 12 card just like the 1050 ti. This stuff that you're making up is quite odd. You're making it look like your low-end 1050 ti will last longer than any other card - it won't. It will have the same shelf life as any other gpu, it definitely won't last longer than the 860m gtx laptop gpu. That's just something you're making up although for the life of me, I can't figure out why.

Can you provide proof to a link to support your claim that the 1050 ti will get more driver support than any other DX12 gpu? Perhaps something from nVidia themselves so it would be more tangible/credible. I'll make you a deal, if you can provide me with the proof of your statement, then I will provide you with mine. I think that's only fair ;)

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I don't mind achievements, I don't particularly care for them but I don't mind when people say "I just got the last achievement! OMG!!!" To me it's just a clever way for devs and pubs to make a game more appealing to the competitive audience.

If you install a game and play in offline mode, you won't get achievements, so that's one way of avoiding them on Steam. You won't get them til you play the game while online. At least that's why I have only the endgame achievements with 0.1 hours on Mad Max and Soma where as I should have all the achievements :)

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

I just ignore achievements altogether. The difficulty setting is far more important. Graphics are part of the package, they don't make a game good or bad on their own (except I generally hate really low res graphics). Also they're more important for say a game with lots of exploration than for a strategy game.

• Like 1

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Agreed, I think graphics are just as important as the gameplay and story, as well as character designs. I think I've said it before. If the art style or playable characters don't appeal to me then I won't consider buying the game... while that may sound shallow at first impulse, it really isn't because I'm not as picky as the statement suggest.

I love pixel art graphics and cel-shading, both have evolved do much over the years, becoming better and better with new artists and techniques. This is especially shown in 2D fighters. I also love photorealistic graphics. What I don't like? I've never bought a game with voxel graphics so that's the only style Ive really had a problem with.

I don't think people would say "graphics do not matter" if we went back to Pong/Pac-Man style graphics for our games. PoE2 graphics seem astounding and nobody's going too say "Obsidian should focus on the game play instead of giving us those great graphics" because nobody is going to complain about an rpg having better graphics, instead FPS usually fall victim to an rpg player's critique which I always found a bit odd. And perhaps that's just because rpg's have evolved much slower graphically than any other genre of game.

Anyways, as one forum out of many, I think going to a CDPR (Witcher) forum or an fps forum and people will say graphics matter just as much as game play. That's my thought at least :)

Edited by SonicMage117

****Snip***

Snip

I have posted many reviews about Nvidia 1050 Ti 4GB DDR5. You have posted no links or proofs whatsoever. For the record I consider Nvidia 1050 TI 4GB DDR5 rather as middle end card. Nvidia 1060 6GB DDR5 is what I consider upper middle class card. Nividia 1070 and Nvidia 1080 are both high super end cards.

How about we end this conversation. I don't need to prove anything to you and I am happy with my computer. Enjoy your Nvidia 1080 8 GB DDR5 graphic card that is super high end and you can use 4k resolution and virtual reality in those games that support it. I could certainly afford better, but I have higher goals as financial freedom hopes for future. What does it matter when all the games I have played on my laptop including Pilllars of Eternity I ran at max settings at full HD which is ok resolution for me? The Division does not interest me at all really. I already told what demanding FPS I might be interested in (Call of Duty World War II), but it has not been released yet and there is no official system requirements released for that game. You can find youtube full of reviews of graphic cards and I have already posted some of them.

This conversation ends here.

Edited by Terminator

***Snip***

Yes, totally disregard all the unprovable BS you stated about the 1050 ti having more driver support from nVidia, right? I already said, I'll post some legit info as soon as you provide proof that nVidia will support the 1050 ti longer than any other gpu on the market currently. It should be easy for you so you know so much and aren't copying and pasting from somewherw else.

Just because you mix your BS with other people's facts or spec-sheets doesn't magically make your BS true. May this be a lesson to you. Now get off your high horse and learn to take one for a team.

Oh and don't tell me when the conversation is over as if you can control me or insinuating that I can no longer reply. You embaressed yourself the moment you came here acting like you were someone of higher intelligect - clearly you're not. You're just a faceless random so I'll decide for myself when the conversation ends.

Thanks for proving my point and have a great day :)

Edited by SonicMage117

For clarification, I don't necessarily care about the achievements.  I was mainly just noting that, strangely, I didn't get one for completing Prey since every other video game I've played on the PS4 gives you an achievement for completing the main story.

It was more of a "Hmm, that's weird ... wonder if the achievement is glitched" rather than a "OMG WTF!?  WHERE IS MY TROPHY!?" type reaction.

Yeah, it happens... I mean trophies/achievements are just as buggy on consoles as they are on pc and most of the time it's not the game's fault but the format or something else entirely.

Edited by SonicMage117