What are you playing right now?

Rosbjerg

I've spent 7 hours with Fallout 4. The shooting is improved. I don't want to tlak about the rest. I'll see if I can rush throught the main quest. If not, it's not a big deal. I'm glad I didn't buy this.

• Like 1

I'm about 2/3 of the way through my second playthrough of Bound By Flame.  I'm not enjoying dual daggers as much as I did 2-handers, basically because dual daggers is easy mode.  I just slap some interrupt increasing add-ons to my daggers and the game becomes childishly easy.  You don't need good timing or tactics, you just run in and stab the enemy 30 times in the span of half a second.  While the interrupt chance is relatively low compared to 2-handers (especially hammers) you get so many attacks in a short span of time that one of them is bound to interrupt the enemy, and then it's like "welcome to stun-lock, sucker".

I'm also back to going ham on HITMAN, because HITMAN is awesome.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

More Prey.

So I finally found that body I was looking for, but wouldn't you know it, I can't access the gravity elevator to reach it because I don't have the code.

Ugh.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Banner Saga Part 1 :)

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I gave up on Fallout 4. I gave it a chance. A whopping 13.5 hours. I just couldn't take any more of the writing. I didn't like the character development and the general streamlining. Some cool places to explore, but all in all, I wasn't feeling it anymore. I wanted to uninstall after half of that playtime but I wanted to give it a fair shot. I can see why people like it, but with the most important aspects for me, not being that great, there was no reason to keep playing.

For example: I love Fallout: New Vegas despite using Gamebryo and being in a first person view. What that game had that I liked, was character development and solid writing.

Edited by Labadal
  • Like 4

I heard good things about Prey and decided to try it out and hated every minute of it, the game isn't bad  but i just thought it was repetitive and boring to play plus the story didn't grab so i quit and watched the rest on youtube.

Then i went back to Mount and Blade Warband while i wait for Bannerlord which will hopefully be good to scratch that itch.

Started playing Alien Isolation.

Creepy.

It's a great game and the main chracter is great. Soma is also a great horror game :)

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Started playing Alien Isolation.

Creepy.

It's a great game and the main chracter is great. Soma is also a great horror game :)

I need to finish Soma. I got partway in but got sidetracked.

And I really enjoy Alien: Isolation. I'm not very far in yet (would be farther but I tried to sleep for a bit), but it's been great so far. I've finally met another living human on the station.

I'm in a bit of a horror game phase right now.

Edited by Belle Sorciere
  • Like 1

I am absolutely loving Utawarerumono. Best VN I've read this year in all probability. The characters are simply fun.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I gave up on Fallout 4. I gave it a chance. A whopping 13.5 hours. I just couldn't take any more of the writing. I didn't like the character development and the general streamlining. Some cool places to explore, but all in all, I wasn't feeling it anymore. I wanted to uninstall after half of that playtime but I wanted to give it a fair shot. I can see why people like it, but with the most important aspects for me, not being that great, there was no reason to keep playing.

For example: I love Fallout: New Vegas despite using Gamebryo and being in a first person view. What that game had that I liked, was character development and solid writing.

One thing I have learned is...

No Fallout game is truly "better" than another. I have a love/hate relationship with each one, as each one has it's strengths and weaknesses. FO4 seems to capatalize on graphics, personalization, shooting, crafting and base building. And fails at storytelling, choices, immersion and involvement. While some may say "Those are all the things that matter", I'm kinda glad to walk around without seeing the same two colors and I also like the changes that were made to Vats in FO4. I might get wrecked on the forum for saying this lol

Edited by SonicMage117

You probably should get wrecked for saying this, because the good changes in Fo4 hardly weight up the bad ones.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I know right? Ever since Fallout went 3D..... :/

Oh right... it's by Obsidian :D Now if only someone could just remake New Vegas in the new engine, it would be perfect!

Edited by SonicMage117

Oh right... it's by Obsidian :D Now if only someone could just remake New Vegas in the new engine, it would be perfect!

I guess I'm the only one having loading time issues in the new engine, because recreating New Vegas in the "new" engine isn't really something I'd look forward to (haven't touched the "enhanced" Skyrim either for that reason, well that, and having to re-mod the game)

You probably should get wrecked for saying this, because the good changes in Fo4 hardly weight up the bad ones.

It's still better than Fallout 3.

I would honestly rather play Minecraft, which is probably why I spent so long with Fo4 platinumed it.

What exactly makes it better than Fo3? Fo4 has respawning loot dungeons, even worse dialog, even more stupid non-lore friendly quest ideas, most of the side quests are actually nothing but fetch quests with a random target (leading into a respawning loot dungeon). The only thing I can imagine that really is better is the sandbox, as you can now build stuff (which is kinda pointless too, but oh well).

Damn, I couldn't even keep on the radio for long in this game, because it was so bad.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Fallout 3's level scaling makes it borderline unplayable for me later on. To say Fo4's non-lore friendly quests are worse is to sort of underplay just how bad what 3 did to Super Mutants.

At least 4 brought in new villains instead of butchering old ones. And it has a much better sandbox, yes.

Fallout 4 tries to be Far Cry/Minecraft/Borderlands all in one. It feels unfocused. The plot is terrible. I wasn't fond of the UI. I didn't care for any of the characters or factions. I played this to try it out and just roam a world. I treated the game more like a Borderlands/Elder Scrolls hybrid game than a Fallout game.

The gunplay is better than 3 and NV. If one likes like loot, there's lots of it.

What I did like and wish more games had is the fact that you can loot stuff directly. You don't have to open up containers. The problem is that you can't compare stuff while looting.

Anyway, I am now playing Suikden V, on my way to half of the characters recruited.

am current playing nothing.  with the battletech beta set to begin in mere days, it seemed like a good time to take a break from gaming.  given our borderline ocd, am expecting to indulge a few unhealthy marathon sessions tinkering with mech combat.

HansesRoughridersOriginalCrest.jpg?times

the gameplay video made melee seem more effective than we woulda' expected from our previous battletech experience.  am kinda looking forward to bashing stuff.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

The new Cities Skylines expansion is enjoyable. Though I wonder at blimps for transit, but seems like my citizens agree as they are not using them :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I am playing these game currently on my new performance/price gaming laptop:
Pillars of Eternity
Battlefield 3
Heroes of Might and Magic VI

I usually buy games when I get huge discount. I bought Battlefield 3 for 8 euro+shipping costs.
I am not poor and I am landlord, but I dream of financial freedom in the future one day before the pension age.