What are you playing right now?

Rosbjerg

Deadpool is soooooooooo good.

-simple, yet fun gameplay

-great level design 

-hilarious jokes

-fun weapons and upgrades

-ca. 10 hour long campaign

Another underrated game by High Moon Studios. 

Also, glad it reappeared on digital stores, I hate it when they take games away from digital stores because of legal issues or just plain a-holery(...looking at you, Gearbox Software!).

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

We went into a PAR Entertainment facility overrun by critters. Labadal hacked all of the active security cameras - even though PAR was paying us, the security drones wouldn't know that. There was one office though with strong security doors that withstood almost all of Labadal's hacking attempts. He triggered four security protocols before he got the door open (Shadysands and I took care of the drones). And naturally the room held nothing of interest. The astral worms were far more of a threat. A large rampaging worm nearly ate Labadal, but luckily Hurlshot had his psychik barriers up and they saved him.

Then Labadal ran a database search on an operational terminal we found and pinpointed the location of our objective. We went in, but a HUGE space tick had made the room its nest. Again, we were lucky to have Hurlshot's force psyker stuff that kept the tick swarms from eating not just Labadal this time, but also Hurlshot himself. (And between Labadal and myself we made it very hard for the ticks to get their claws and mandibles to come even close to us for a while).

Edited by melkathi
  • Like 4

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Scheduling myself days each week I can invest in ESO.

On my off days playing pvz2 with my son and replaying Morrowind. Mainly trying to stay focused and beat the main story and house line as well as expansions (the tribuneral will all die). The game still amazes me after all these years.

Wild ARMS XF on PSP. I've started this and abandoned it twice. This time, I have gotten further than any other try, Third time's the charm and all that.

I'm also really getting into Battle Brothers. I've read that some people here wouldn't be able to get into it because of the graphics, but the gameplay is bloody grat. I could see this getting repetitive after 50 hours or so. At the moment I am having a great time. Unfortunately, I need to get a lot better. I have basically every achievement that has to do with the player sucking.  :deadhorse:

• Like 1

GIT GUD!

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I finished EarthBound/MOTHER 2. Well, that was a weird ending. Just about had a seizure...

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Just started 2064 - Read Only Memories. Do you like gobby robot sidekicks? I bloody hope so.

How is it?

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I got back into playing Grim Dawn after a long break from the game.  It's amazing how well dialed in that game is.  With a combination of 2 of the 6 masteries there are 15 different classes (not counting single mastery classes, if that's your thing) and each class has at least 2 very different very viable builds, many have 3 or more.

The last time I played, many many months ago, I played a Warlock glass cannon with lots of AoE and heavy burst damage.  This time I went for the complete opposite, a Warder who runs right up to enemies with a big ol' 2-hander and smashes skulls.  Naturally, I'm highly resistant to physical damage; it takes high physique to wield heavy 2-handers, which in turn also allows me to wear heavy, tough armors.  However, I am susceptible to elemental damage, so I can be bursted down with massive elemental damage, though my high physique means a big health pool, which helps.  I do very well against lower, sustained damage, since I have really high health regen.  I don't have particularly high burst damage, but my sustained damage is pretty impressive.  Of course, I'm only up to lev 17 so far and everything has been a cakewalk; I've barely used any heal pots and haven't come close to dying.  The real test will come at levels 30+, when I start facing enemies with intense burst damage.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Has Bethseda stopped paying reviewers? Seems Prey is another flop.

I guess you are talking about the 4/10 IGN put out? 

It always seems odd to me when a review is given despite major technical problems. Shouldn't it be an Incomplete review? I mean, you aren't actually reviewing the game itself, you are reviewing the fact it stopped working on your PC. I get that it is a bit different than most entertainment media, since a movie company isn't blamed when a projector stops working or an author isn't blamed when a printing machine messes up. Game designers obviously have a lot more responsibility to make sure the game is bug free, but it still seems odd to give a game a 4/10 based on the fact it didn't run on a reviewers PC.

If you can't play the game properly because of technical issues, that seems like a pretty big issue that should definitely impact the score rather heavily. On the other hand, it's an issue that, as an AAA release, we can assume will be fixed given some time. If this were an indie game being reviewed, though, we wouldn't necessarily have the same assumption that it would actually be fixed...so is it appropriate to make that assumption for some games while not doing so for others? And is it really appropriate to have your review score reflect such assumptions (or lack thereof) when it's something that hasn't actually happened yet?

I think the lesson to be learned here...and from a multitude of other releases having launch issues...is to test your game fully and frequently, and on a myriad of systems, both old and new. Side-step most of the issues to begin with, as it were. If it's issues only affecting a few reviewers/people, though, I think it would make sense for both both the affected and the developer to try to reach out to each other to fix those issues, possibly before, yes, publishing those reviews. However, common sense is in short supply from everyone these days, it seems...

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I've never played the gold box games so I started on Pool of Radiance yesterday. Aside from using the ten key to navigate up and down in the menus, the UI, while not pretty, is surprisingly easy to use.

Edited by the_dog_days
  • Like 1

It always seems odd to me when a review is given despite major technical problems. Shouldn't it be an Incomplete review? I mean, you aren't actually reviewing the game itself, you are reviewing the fact it stopped working on your PC. I get that it is a bit different than most entertainment media, since a movie company isn't blamed when a projector stops working or an author isn't blamed when a printing machine messes up. Game designers obviously have a lot more responsibility to make sure the game is bug free, but it still seems odd to give a game a 4/10 based on the fact it didn't run on a reviewers PC.

I disagree, this is not an early access title, this is a full release and, as such, should be reviewed on release as is.  All aspects of the game should be reviewed, including technical problems.  These are part of the game and the experience.  Maybe a certain bug doesn't affect everybody, but if it affected the reviewer then it should be reported and the game score (which is a silly construct anyway) should be impacted accordingly.  You wouldn't review a toaster and say "The toaster makes frankly spiffing toast most of the time, however that one time it caught on fire and left a nasty black char mark on my counter.  However, since it works fine most of the time, and only reportedly 25% of the people out there are having their toaster catch on fire, I'll overlook it and give it a 9/10", that's bonkers.  The toaster catching on fire is a very real issue, as is a game-breaking, showstopper game save corruption bug.

I also disagree about holding off on a review to let the developer fix the issue.  That's bull**** if the game has been released and is being sold to the public.  If the reviewer is given a review copy early (something impossible given Bethesda's review copy policy, which is, no matter how you sugar coat it, anti-consumer), catches the problem, communicates with the developer/publisher, and then the publisher pushes back the release until the issue is fixed, that's fine, but if the game is released with said bug then it should absolutely be reviewed with said bug and its score should reflect said bug.  If the game is released and people are buying the game, paying the publisher money for it, then they don't get a grace period.  In fact, I'd say it's the reviewers RESPONSIBILITY to get the review out in a timely fashion to inform and warn potential consumers that the game has a showstopper bug.

Once the bug is fixed then the reviewer can post a follow up review with an updated score to reflect the game experience no longer marred by the showstopper bug, though I would ask that they still refer back to their original review, if only briefly, and their original score, as a reminder of the state the game was in when it first released.  You can update your review and score, but it should never be forgotten that the game released in a, quite frankly, unacceptable state.  Bethesda, of all companies, has been allowed to get away with that crap WAY too many times.  I'm glad somebody finally took them to task for it.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Mass Effect Andromeda. Good game, my first of the ME games.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

They just released a patch that should fix that reviewer's problems. Pretty hard to make an emergent gameplay game work on everyone's weird configuration with every possible combination of choices someone might make without having millions of testers. Btw, The Dark Mod doesn't load missions properly on my machine, nothing I've tried so far helped.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Those are all valid points. I think you misunderstand me when I say the review should be marked incomplete. I consider incomplete WORSE than 4/10. Why is is getting 4, and not 3 or 5, if the game is unplayable? Incomplete is basically a zero. This game cannot be reviewed because it is unplayable by the reviewer. People are going to glance at that 4/10 and have no real understanding as to what that score means. Most will probably assume it means the gameplay/story/mechanics are poor, but in reality the score has little to do with any of that.

• Like 4

Guys I need an advice. I know some of you played Talesoft's Game of Thrones. It is currently on sale. TBH, not much of my type of game, but my gf loves the TV Show. And I am thinking of purchasing it for her. How did you like the game? And would you think a very casual player would like that game? Would it be easy for her to get into the game?

She loves fantasy stuff, she even enjoyed one session of Pathfinder RPG where she was a guest at the table with my crazy Tabletop group :-P But she still says that it's to complicated :-)

Guys I need an advice. I know some of you played Talesoft's Game of Thrones. It is currently on sale. TBH, not much of my type of game, but my gf loves the TV Show. And I am thinking of purchasing it for her. How did you like the game? And would you think a very casual player would like that game? Would it be easy for her to get into the game?

She loves fantasy stuff, she even enjoyed one session of Pathfinder RPG where she was a guest at the table with my crazy Tabletop group :-P But she still says that it's to complicated :-)

I heard it's crap and you should especially avoid it if you're a fan of the books/series.

Telltale's Game of Thrones is bad. I wanted to say it's just meh, but realized that's far too lenient. It's the game that showcases just how bad Telltale's engine is with none of the greatness of their other titles to justify putting up with it.

It tries to do a version of Game of Thrones opening credits and it's laughably bad. Like CG from the early 90s.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

;(